• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: tonberry2k

tonberry2k
1 year ago#21
Yosuke_Erdrick posted...
tonberry2k posted...
Yeah. No leaker knows what they're talking about. They got lucky once and people only remember the hits and not the misses. Now they hedge and tease, because being non-committal makes you look like you're withholding information knowingly.

Every Smash leak has been on the part of Nintendo; Ryu and Roy being in the DS data, Castlevania's music upload, Hero's spirits, the SNK page placeholder, etc.

Nobody knows. Sit back and enjoy the ride.
<ol><li>Except Vergeben leaked Simon months before the music leak. </li><li>Erdrick before the datamine.</li><li>and Isabelle and Incinaroar and ken and Ridley....... </li></ol>

Ok. By the time this game was coming out, the pool of influential third parties on a level with Sonic or Megaman was very small. Castlevania wasn't a very impressive guess.

Likewise, once third parties started getting more than one franchise in Smash, Dragon Quest, one of the most influential series of all time, wasn't a tough guess. I'd like to note that her said Erdrick, who was not the default skin for this character. I'd guess he said Erdrick, following the assumption that the star of the first installation of a multi-entry decade-sprawling series is the most recognizable. See also: Marth.

From what I can see, he never called Isabelle or Incineroar, or Ken.

But you know what Verg didn't call? Joker. And he claimed that Minecraft content is coming.He recently said Ryu Hayabusa, but has walked that back.
He only piled onto the Banjo Kazooie DLC after others already had.

He's making educated guesses and keeping people roped in based solely on the lucky guesses that were Ridley and Simon.

EDIT: I found a source for Isabelle and Incineroar. This is definitely more evidence that Verg knew the base roster, but I still haven't seen enough that suggests he knows anything about DLC.
www.spriters-resource.com

User Info: quickposter

quickposter
1 year ago#22
Totes-My-Boats posted...
They all don’t know s*** and are hoping for another SNK situation where Nintendo f*** themselves over.

They knew something during development of the game. DLC leaks have been all over the place though. I am guessing those involved are coming up with "leak bait" to uncover people given Minecraft never happened and Sans was only a Mii costume.
Waluigi7 = "cut the drama" / Luminozero = lost his account bet!

User Info: Yosuke_Erdrick

Yosuke_Erdrick
1 year ago#23
tonberry2k posted...
Ok. By the time this game was coming out, the pool of influential third parties on a level with Sonic or Megaman was very small. Castlevania wasn't a very impressive guess.

Likewise, once third parties started getting more than one franchise in Smash, Dragon Quest, one of the most influential series of all time, wasn't a tough guess. I'd like to note that her said Erdrick, who was not the default skin for this character. I'd guess he said Erdrick, following the assumption that the star of the first installation of a multi-entry decade-sprawling series is the most recognizable. See also: Marth.

But you know what Verg didn't call? Joker. And he claimed that Minecraft content is coming.He recently said Ryu Hayabusa, but has walked that back.

He's making educated guesses and keeping people roped in based solely on the lucky guesses that were Ridley and Simon.
  1. He also said he heard the luminary as well, which the initial decision to either have both as alts of each other was hard confirmed in the Masahiro Sakurai interview on DQ XIS's launch stream. Also DQ is only obvious because of hindsight bias, so f*** outta here with that.
  2. He did saw Ken (Even before the picture leak),Isabella (As a Clone ) and Incinaroar and stock to it even when the community turned against him during the Grinch Hoax.
  3. "But you know what Verg didn't call? Joker (Not having Info on a character doesn't make aleaker fake, Especially when said character wasn't initially planned to be the first addition). And he claimed that Minecraft content is coming ( Leak bait).He recently said Ryu Hayabusa (No he didn't, Sabi said he did to provoke a reaction from him), but has walked that back."

kaishin no ichigeki

User Info: Chimichangar

Chimichangar
1 year ago#24
Inb4 no response from Verge due to none of the leakers really knowing jack s*** about FP5.

User Info: tonberry2k

tonberry2k
1 year ago#25
Yosuke_Erdrick posted...
tonberry2k posted...

<ol><li>He also said he heard the luminary as well, which the initial decision to either have both as alts of each other was hard confirmed in the Masahiro Sakurai interview on DQ XIS's launch stream. Also DQ is only obvious because of hindsight bias, so f*** outta here with that. </li><li>He did saw Ken (Even before the picture leak),Isabella (As a Clone ) and Incinaroar and stock to it even when the community turned against him during the Grinch Hoax. </li><li>"But you know what Verg didn't call? Joker (Not having Info on a character doesn't make aleaker fake, Especially when said character wasn't initially planned to be the first addition). And he claimed that Minecraft content is coming ( Leak bait).He recently said Ryu Hayabusa (No he didn't, Sabi said he did to provoke a reaction from him), but has walked that back."</li></ol>

"That was hindsight. Not calling a character that is in doesn't count. That was leak bait (citation needed)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
www.spriters-resource.com

User Info: PacificFun

PacificFun
1 year ago#26
Totes-My-Boats posted...
They all don’t know s*** and are hoping for another SNK situation where Nintendo f*** themselves over.

I really don't get life at all.

User Info: Vergeben

Vergeben
1 year ago#27
Fighter 5 isn't from Ubisoft or Falcom.
I use: GameFAQs (Vergeben), reddit (DasVergeben), 8WayRun (Vergeben), and eventhubs (Vergeben)
If you see me elsewhere (example: 4chan or Twitter) it's not me.

User Info: tcsavato

tcsavato
1 year ago#28
Vergeben posted...

So you're just going into random threads saying who it's not?

Do you know who it is? Or is it just your source?

User Info: SonicSolSnake

SonicSolSnake
1 year ago#29
Vergeben posted...

No Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, Far Cry, Ys, then.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihon_Falcom
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubisoft
Anytime anybody asks you who would win in a fight, the only correct answer is that it depends on whos writing the story. - Stan Lee

User Info: Supersonic_Pain

Supersonic_Pain
1 year ago#30
Vergeben posted...

O

RIP Adol
Not changing this part until Saki Amamiya (or Isa Jo) gets into Smash as a playable character! Started: January 20, 2018.
Official Travis Touchdown of SmashFAQs
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A