• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Let's all peacefully agree that the 5th Characters is likely going to niche

User Info: tcsavato

tcsavato
1 year ago#11
StAtX posted...
tcsavato posted...
Doug314 posted...
But they could've saved the best for last to try to go out with a bang or something. I don't think we should trust this to narrow it down.

Also I find that most of the DLC characters so far have been some of the better options they could get their hands on in terms of 3rd party characters. They're not trying to get overly niche ones.

Smash has never ended with a bang. I see no reason why they would start now.

I'm assuming you haven't been around during Smash 4. Bayonetta was one of the biggest surprises for the Smash universe because at the time she was considered "too sexy for smash"

Ending with a bang is not the same thing as being a surprise.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
1 year ago#12
tcsavato posted...
StAtX posted...
tcsavato posted...
Doug314 posted...
But they could've saved the best for last to try to go out with a bang or something. I don't think we should trust this to narrow it down.

Also I find that most of the DLC characters so far have been some of the better options they could get their hands on in terms of 3rd party characters. They're not trying to get overly niche ones.

Smash has never ended with a bang. I see no reason why they would start now.

I'm assuming you haven't been around during Smash 4. Bayonetta was one of the biggest surprises for the Smash universe because at the time she was considered "too sexy for smash"

Ending with a bang is not the same thing as being a surprise.

It's not?
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

User Info: WHATZITUYA

WHATZITUYA
1 year ago#13
Milla_Maxwell posted...
Terry isn't really that niche either. It's mostly western ignorance on that one.

Weebs: Uncultured swine.

Japan: What's with the buff Pokemon Trainer?
My Smash most wanteds: Shantae and Crash Bandicoot

User Info: Vergeben

Vergeben
1 year ago#14
On the topic of niche, I can tell you another character that the next Smash DLC fighter isn't.
It isn't Nippon Ichi Software related.
I use: GameFAQs (Vergeben), reddit (DasVergeben), 8WayRun (Vergeben), and eventhubs (Vergeben)
If you see me elsewhere (example: 4chan or Twitter) it's not me.
(message deleted)

User Info: Izzy0585

Izzy0585
1 year ago#16
Perhaps, I can see that. And I'd probably rather see that.
Dirtytwo - Ain't The Way - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvgs6uI0Nfc
Medsound f/ Maria Estrella - Lights Go Out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnJGyOIUn7s

User Info: AndyMacG09

AndyMacG09
1 year ago#17
@Vergeben Do you know who the next fighter is or are you in the dark still?
Who are you and what do you want with my child?

User Info: MeleeSonic97

MeleeSonic97
1 year ago#18
Vergeben posted...
On the topic of niche, I can tell you another character that the next Smash DLC fighter isn't.

@Vergeben Is it Dante?

User Info: l33t_iRk3n_Rm33

l33t_iRk3n_Rm33
1 year ago#19
Isn’t everyone on the roster niche depending on who you ask? Aren’t video games inherently niche?
Supporting Ashley for Smash til the day I die. Or the day she's added. So yeah, the day I die.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg

User Info: andree123

andree123
1 year ago#20
MeleeSonic97 posted...
Vergeben posted...

@Vergeben Is it Dante?

Vergeben will reply no.

Also, he said that the non-NIS owned character has not been in a crossover with any of the IPs owned by Nippon Ichi Software, Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia or Peashooter from the PVZ series.

EDIT: Please note that Peashooter and Lloyd Irving are not deconfirmed yet as of now, they are just examples.
I like unitinu ekil I
"These are going to be characters that are new to the series, just like Joker from Persona 5." - Reggie at VGA 2018.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Let's all peacefully agree that the 5th Characters is likely going to niche
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A