• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Where did you first hear of the franchises that were added as DLC

User Info: MartyMcfly2019

MartyMcfly2019
1 week ago#1
Persona
Dragon Quest
Banjo Kazooie
Fatal Fury
Smash Main Banjo-Kazooie Smash MW's Crash Bandicoot and Maxwell from Scribblenauts
https://dan-ball.jp/en/javagame/dust/

User Info: RadioParker106

RadioParker106
1 week ago#2
MartyMcfly2019 posted...
Persona
Dragon Quest
Banjo Kazooie
Fatal Fury

The original games for all of those series. I played them all when they were first released
-Till all are one

User Info: MartyMcfly2019

MartyMcfly2019
1 week ago#3
RadioParker106 posted...
MartyMcfly2019 posted...
Persona
Dragon Quest
Banjo Kazooie
Fatal Fury

The original games for all of those series. I played them all when they were first released

you sir are a rare man of culture I see.
Smash Main Banjo-Kazooie Smash MW's Crash Bandicoot and Maxwell from Scribblenauts
https://dan-ball.jp/en/javagame/dust/

User Info: 1wingedmoogle

1wingedmoogle
1 week ago#4
The internet
Video game magazines
Video game magazines
Video game magazines
Not changing this sig until Little Big Adventure 3 is announced. In other words, never.

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
1 week ago#5
persona: heard about the controversy surrounding persona 3 and the imagery of the characters shooting themselves in the head
dq: had the first game on the nes. never got very far though.
banjo: been a fan since the first game
fatal fury: dunno. i had heard of it before smash but not in any context that mattered enough to remember.
Welcome to the world of idiots.

User Info: RadioParker106

RadioParker106
1 week ago#6
MartyMcfly2019 posted...
RadioParker106 posted...
MartyMcfly2019 posted...
Persona
Dragon Quest
Banjo Kazooie
Fatal Fury

you sir are a rare man of culture I see.

Nah. Just old
-Till all are one

User Info: Super_Sonic_4

Super_Sonic_4
1 week ago#7
Persona: I discovered this saga thanks to a friend when P5 had not yet been announced. I played P3, P4, P4A and P5.

Dragon Quest: I discovered it when DQ8 was released for PS2, but I never got to play any DQ until the Hero was announced for Smash, which then I started playing the entire saga.

Banjo-Kazooie: I bought this game for N64 as soon as it came out (and its sequel too). I have not played much to either of the two games but my brother is a big fan of Banjo.

Fatal Fury: I don't remember when I learned about the existence of this saga, because since I have memories, I know the existence of this saga. My older brother already had SNK games when I was born, but the first time I played with Terry in a game was in the wonderful Capcom vs. SNK for Gamecube.

The 4 characters chosen by Nintendo so far I like them. Especially Joker.

User Info: LilySodachi

LilySodachi
1 week ago#8
I knew of Persona beforehand, specifically 4, because it showed up in a top 10 I watched some time ago; and saw it regularly mentioned around my circles before.

I had played Dragon Quest 4 on DS before, but never finished it, plus the name did pop up from time to time as well. It always was one of the first things I saw mentioned when searching for RPGs.

Banjo Kazooie I knew of because a youtube channel I watched some time ago constantly used music from it; so when I checked the music credits, I saw the name frequently pop up.

King of Fighters was part of my childhood, and Fatal Fury actually came later. I remember being more used to KoF than FF, especially with the plane switching and all that, so FF was a bit difficult to get used to at first, and that memory has sort of stuck with me.
I can be your girl girl girl~ girl girl girl~ But would you love me if I ruled the world world world~?
SmashFAQs' resident Jill Valentine supporter!

User Info: Slime

Slime
1 week ago#9
MartyMcfly2019 posted...
Persona - played it
Dragon Quest - played it
Banjo Kazooie - saw it in nintendo power
Fatal Fury - played it

A Slime draws near! Command?

User Info: ganjo

ganjo
1 week ago#10
Persona: because of Persona 3 music: an unpleasant Premonition
Dragon Quest: read about it in a videogame magazine that they had a grave where "Here lies Link" is written on and that Nintendo teased back in the Japanese version of Zelda 2 with a grave that says "Here lies Erdrick"
Banjo Kazooie: back when i got Diddy Kong Racing and Banjo was included there and later saw commercials about their own game
Fatal Fury: played it with friends who had it ages ago (could have been King of Fighters too, but i recognize most characters)
My most wanteds: #1 Heihachi, #2 Rayman, #3 a new Zelda rep, #4 Waluigi, #5 Shadow, #6 Geno, #7 Ryu Hayabusa, #8 Crash Bandicoot, #9 Doom Slayer, #10 Diablo
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Where did you first hear of the franchises that were added as DLC
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers