1 week ago #10
I keep track of who I want. I know who a few others on here want, either by having similar interests or because they remind everyone on a daily basis, but generally I don't keep track of the collective so I could not say for certain. There might not be a definitive answer.

Personally, since the ballot started with the last game and I noticed a sense of fostering relations with other manufacturers and game companies by using their third parties as advertisements, I started really thinking about who I wanted or would like to see, regardless of the likelihood or current tangibility. My first pick for a while has been Bubblun and Bobblun from Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Islands, Parasol Stars and Bust-a-Move (although in two of those spinoffs they're typically Bubby and Bobby, their human forms, which could work as their temporary "Smash gimmick"), and close behind that is Master Higgins from Adventure Island, with his variety of weaponry as well as the ability to summon the different species of dinosaurs for performing specific attacks, side specials, recovery, efficiency in water, etc.

Both are relatively unlikely given that their previous developers, Taito and Hudson Soft respectively, are now either under different ownership and/or are dissolved almost entirely and their IPs belong in others' hands. I'd say Master Higgins being more unlikely, because Square-Enix still lets Taito operate under their own brand and logo and Bubble Bobble 4 Friends is getting a European release this month, and an international one next year. In the case of Adventure Island, Hudson Soft is completely dissolved and with Konami having control of their properties, I don't see him coming through if their other big name, Bomberman, didn't. That goes for their third big mascot which was Bonk, whose been gone for quite some time now (I wouldn't mind seeing the Turbografx getting some representation through their de facto mascot in a similar way we're seeing Neo Geo now.)
Dirtytwo - Ain't The Way - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvgs6uI0Nfc
Medsound f/ Maria Estrella - Lights Go Out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnJGyOIUn7s

Previous Versions
1 week ago
I keep track of who I want. I know who a few others on here want, either by having similar interests or because they remind everyone on a daily basis, but generally I don't keep track of the collective so I could not say for certain. There might not be a definitive answer.
1 week ago

Personally, since the ballot started with the last game and I noticed a sense of fostering relations with other manufacturers and game companies by using their third parties as advertisements, I started really thinking about who I wanted or would like to see, regardless of the likelihood or current tangibility. My first pick for a while has been Bubblun and Bobblun from Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Islands, Parasol Stars and Bust-a-Move (although in two of those spinoffs they're typically Bubby and Bobby, their human forms, which could work as their temporary "Smash gimmick"), and close behind that is Master Higgins from Adventure Island, with his variety of weaponry as well as the ability to summon the different species of dinosaurs for performing specific attacks, side specials, recovery, efficiency in water, etc.)

Both are relatively unlikely given that their previous developers, Taito and Hudson Soft respectively, are now either under different ownership and/or are dissolved almost entirely and their IPs belong in others' hands. I'd say Master Higgins being more unlikely, because Square-Enix still lets Taito operate under their own brand and logo and Bubble Bobble 4 Friends is getting a European release this month, and an international one next year. In the case of Adventure Island, Hudson Soft is completely dissolved and with Konami having control of their properties, I don't see him coming through if their other big name, Bomberman, didn't. That goes for their third big mascot which was Bonk, whose been gone for quite some time now (I wouldn't mind seeing the Turbografx getting some representation through their de facto mascot in a similar way we're seeing Neo Geo now.)