• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: BaconPancakes

BaconPancakes
3 weeks ago#51
DarkECOJak posted...
BaconPancakes posted...
Drell posted...
Yea he's in a spirit, now this kind of threads should be banned.

People forget that characters with spirits aren't coming as future playable characters. It's annoying because yee.

You have a citation from Nintendo on that? Because that's pure speculation otherwise.

Yeah, go Google or Bing it. Anyone with a spirit isn't qualified for Smash Ultimate as a playable character.
Super Metroid (Metroid 3). <3

User Info: YoungLink

YoungLink
3 weeks ago#52
Bennett2428 posted...
Can people ever be satisfied with what they currently have? Must be hard liking a game when the inclusion or absence of a single character is what matters most to you about it.

I wanted Isaac, Isaac didn't get in, I moved on. I don't really see the Bandana Dee people storming the gates anymore either with their ridiculous character choice.

Just sit back, play the game, watch when new trailers come out and discuss those. The focus doesn't have to be shifted to dead weight.

If Geno is so important then shut up and let it happen. Apparently his appeal has been noticed, right? So watch the events unfold instead of shouting nothing into the ether.

Wow, I agree with you in some points, and you used beautiful words, that was cool.

DarkECOJak posted...
I don't care for Geno. I don't particularly want Geno. But I'm also not an idiot and I know he's one of the last remaining "most requested in Smash history" characters that hasn't gotten in yet, so yeah, he's probably in.

It's nice to see people who are not a Geno fan acknowledging his importance. I wish the Smash community had more empathy and was kinder to each other. Unfortunately the reality is the opposite.

User Info: MeepleLardicle

MeepleLardicle
3 weeks ago#53
I've yet to see a convincing argument for why Geno should get in. Every argument either is "Because popularity!" which is a metric that can't actually be measured (I've covered this; video game message boards aren't a good indicator, and I could turn around and go "Youtube Video Views tell a very different story") or some kind of twisting of a reason why he shouldn't be into some ridiculous positive. That and "THE SAKURAI LINE!" but so many times do developers mention characters they want to use but never actually do, I can't take it to be meaningful at all; see Nitsuma mentioning he wanted Jon Talbain in MvC3, yet when UMvC3 came out...he still wasn't in it.

Case in point:

I've seen the argument of "Square-enix isn't using him, why would they say no!? They have no reason not too!" This is one of the most ridiculous defenses I've seen because it's a complete twisting of reality to make it seem like it's a positive.

The true scenario is "What incentive does Square-enix have to say yes?" Geno isn't a markettable character for them, ergo they have little to gain.

Cloud and Hero both represent major Square-enix franchises, and both characters have something resembling a future.

Geno doesn't promote any games, ergo little incentive to care, and they have no reason to believe he'd be a big success.

I've made this theory in the past, and I do think it holds weight:

What if the Geno costume was a way to gauge his true popularity? Now yes, I know they didn't expect it to sell as well as a character, that's a given, but what if their metric was how does it compare to OTHER Mii Costumes, in particular the other character ones? This was probably the best way to truly gauge Geno's popularity outside of the vocal message board fanbase. If Geno did not live up to expectations, then there's no convincing them he's popular. They had their metric, they had the best possible way to gauge his true popularity, and he underperformed.

Again, the above is a "What if"; we've gained no indication of it's success, for better or worse, so don't go playing the "You have no proof", since...I wasn't saying that was the case, merely postulating a possible scenario. I do recall someone claiming "He was the Mii Costume that sold the best" though luckily in that very same Discord, someone called that person out (a Geno supporter at that!) saying "Do we have any proof of that? I'd like to see a source" and someone followed up with "We have literally no sales data on Mii Costumes."
Stormblood Abridged: My subpar FF14 Parody!
http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=6929.0

User Info: gee_willikers

gee_willikers
3 weeks ago#54
MeepleLardicle posted...

What if the Geno costume was a way to gauge his true popularity? Now yes, I know they didn't expect it to sell as well as a character, that's a given, but what if their metric was how does it compare to OTHER Mii Costumes, in particular the other character ones? This was probably the best way to truly gauge Geno's popularity outside of the vocal message board fanbase. If Geno did not live up to expectations, then there's no convincing them he's popular. They had their metric, they had the best possible way to gauge his true popularity, and he underperformed.

I definitely think this is a realistic possibility. It makes a lot of sense to gauge interest this way because you can actually see that interest turning into sales rather than votes which can be more easily manipulated.

User Info: DorayakiQs

DorayakiQs
3 weeks ago#55
TohruAdachi260 posted...
Does that mean you're going to flip to hating Geno if he gets announced just like you went from hating Banjo to loving him the second he was announced?

People have the right to like or hate things as long have they have legit points. Not that people must accept every single decision Nintendo made and cannot have any critiques.

Yet again Geno's franchise has been much presented, it makes enough reason for people to be against him like they thought about plant piranha.

VictorDamazio posted...
Geno will happen someday.

they just need the right opportunity, and add other characters first.

I'm very sure there are tons of video games that provide more opportunities fir Geno to return. Not that he is still out of any recent video game despite of fan demand.

MeepleLardicle posted...

What if the Geno costume was a way to gauge his true popularity? Now yes, I know they didn't expect it to sell as well as a character, that's a given, but what if their metric was how does it compare to OTHER Mii Costumes, in particular the other character ones?
Optimistically, that'd be a nice outcome. Just what makes concern is that Geno still appears in none of the video games released after Smash 4 to prove that Nintendo did take that into consideration.

User Info: VictorDamazio

VictorDamazio
3 weeks ago#56
Bennett2428 posted...
Can people ever be satisfied with what they currently have? Must be hard liking a game when the inclusion or absence of a single character is what matters most to you about it.

I wanted Isaac, Isaac didn't get in, I moved on. I don't really see the Bandana Dee people storming the gates anymore either with their ridiculous character choice.

Just sit back, play the game, watch when new trailers come out and discuss those. The focus doesn't have to be shifted to dead weight.

If Geno is so important then shut up and let it happen. Apparently his appeal has been noticed, right? So watch the events unfold instead of shouting nothing into the ether.

Nintendo never stops giving us more characters, therefore, it's ok to never stop asking for new characters.

Plus, while characters like Geno, Isaac, Waluigi and Bandana Waddle Dee didn't make the cut, they just announced more DLC, it's possible that this new DLC was approved after the game launched and sold well, therefore, many characters who didn't join the first time, may get a second chance.

But yeah, while I agree that many fanbases like Waluigi and Geno never seem to give up, people claiming up that Geno will never ever join Smash are setting up for disappointment, the same thing that again, happened with Ridley haters, K. Rool haters and Banjo haters and will happen again with more characters in the future.

User Info: YoungLink

YoungLink
3 weeks ago#57
VictorDamazio posted...
But yeah, while I agree that many fanbases like Waluigi and Geno never seem to give up, people claiming up that Geno will never ever join Smash are setting up for disappointment, the same thing that again, happened with Ridley haters, K. Rool haters and Banjo haters and will happen again with more characters in the future.

This.

User Info: DorayakiQs

DorayakiQs
3 weeks ago#58
VictorDamazio posted...

Plus, while characters like Geno, Isaac, Waluigi and Bandana Waddle Dee didn't make the cut, they just announced more DLC, it's possible that this new DLC was approved after the game launched and sold well, therefore, many characters who didn't join the first time, may get a second chance.

I thought this has been replied to you? As Waluigi is a npc in the base game he is not eligible for this round. More specifically it would be the next Smash game where he is eligible again like Isabelle. You're allowed to support characters doesn't mean you can force Nintendo to take your wish.
Yet, Geno and Waluigi's mutual issue is never going to Mario mainstream games, Nintendo should go deal with that issue first if they really notice their fan demand.

The newcomers are sharing the same issues with other unchosen characters they shared, nor the reason that made they not chosen in Smash 4 all the same. Not like the newcomers made direct relevance to prove that your wanted characters is garunteed.

It's simply that the newcomer slots are never enough for all wanted characters, we may support characters we like but cannot think Nintendo must do everything we want. The only thing we can criticize is whether Nintendo made correct decisions within the given and limited game contents and resource they provide.

User Info: ganjo

ganjo
3 weeks ago#59
DorayakiQs posted...
I thought this has been replied to you? As Waluigi is a npc in the base game he is not eligible for this round. More specifically it would be the next Smash game where he is eligible again like Isabelle. You're allowed to support characters doesn't mean you can force Nintendo to take your wish.
Yet, Geno and Waluigi's mutual issue is never going to Mario mainstream games, Nintendo should go deal with that issue first if they really notice their fan demand.
Yeah i totally remember too when Piranha Plant was a plot-important character in a main Mario game and not just an obstacle.

My most wanteds: #1 Heihachi, #2 Rayman, #3 a new Zelda rep, #4 Waluigi, #5 Shadow, #6 Geno, #7 Ryu Hayabusa, #8 Crash Bandicoot, #9 Doom Slayer, #10 Diablo

User Info: Lyncario

Lyncario
3 weeks ago#60
ganjo posted...
DorayakiQs posted...
Yeah i totally remember too when Piranha Plant was a plot-important character in a main Mario game and not just an obstacle.

I totaly remember when Geno was in every single Mario platformers, not just in one rpg.
My weab power is greater than yours
-Me
  • Topic Archived