• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: AttackUp

AttackUp
4 weeks ago#1
is a pretty cool game
Favorite RPGs are the Chrono, Earthbound, and Lunar series. Also a huge fan of Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie/DK64 and many other games.

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
4 weeks ago#2
yea
Welcome to the world of idiots.

User Info: MoneyMan1000

MoneyMan1000
4 weeks ago#3
It's a masterpiece.
"What if I were to purchase fast food and disguise it as my own cooking?"

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
4 weeks ago#4
MoneyMan1000 posted...
It's a masterpiece.

Eh, it still has some pretty bad flaws (go f*** yourself, Beak Bomb), but both N64 games and GBA game are pretty fun.
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde/Seth/Linne team (BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle), Goku SS/Vegeta SS (FZ).

User Info: CaptainPeepsi

CaptainPeepsi
4 weeks ago#5
weird... mini-mod was supposed to say he reported this post for being off-topic six minutes ago
objectively bad.
rip Ohmygosh_Josh - 22/9/19

User Info: Slime

Slime
4 weeks ago#6
CaptainPeepsi posted...
weird... mini-mod was supposed to say he reported this post for being off-topic six minutes ago

@Gargomon251

also b-k is p good but overhyped

i played it when it was new btw
A Slime draws near! Command?

User Info: AttackUp

AttackUp
4 weeks ago#7
CaptainPeepsi posted...

It's not off-topic if Banjo-Kazooie was on N64 and is currently in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. I suppose I could have used the community tag though
Favorite RPGs are the Chrono, Earthbound, and Lunar series. Also a huge fan of Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie/DK64 and many other games.

User Info: RoIIaRova

RoIIaRova
4 weeks ago#8
It's insanely good. I would say it's better at what does than Super Mario Odyssey, but if I said that, a bunch of people would get mad at me, so I'm not going to say that.
Official Rex & Pyra of the Smash Ultimate board
Last Game Beaten: Final Fantasy VI

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
4 weeks ago#9
To think a bunch of reviewers are kinda trying to downplay what made the games so good, especially Tooie for not being a copy-paste of B-K...
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde/Seth/Linne team (BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle), Goku SS/Vegeta SS (FZ).

User Info: coconutarmy1

coconutarmy1
4 weeks ago#10
I don't mind it, but I think without the incredible success of Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie wouldn't be as popular. I mean, after Mario 64, collect-a-thon platformers were the big thing for the N64.

However, Banjo Kazooie has some flaws.

Banjo's movements are kind of slow and don't flow well together. There's a lot of stopping his momentum in animations. Mario 64 was very fluid in that regard, something that Mario has held onto to this day. Even in Odyssey, there are very few points where Mario has to stop running to do something. Posession even grants you forward motion.

Swimming mechanics aren't great, and they're typically overshadowed by one of the many different varieties of toxic water. That's like the go-to hazard of Banjo Kazooie. The only level you can really swim in is the first one. There's another level with water later, but you're given a huge hazard in the form of a strict time limit and inability to breathe on the surface, so it's better to just avoid the water when possible.

Transformations are aesthetically different, but functionally the same. Just a short character with normal movement. In Banjo Kazooie, I think only one of them can actually attack.

You lose the final level if you didn't listen to and memorize flavor text. There is no earlier hint about this.

Pushing "quit" results in a game over.

Dying in a level resets your progress. This makes sense in a game like Mario 64 where there is one thing to collect, but BK has 100 notes, several jiggies, five jinjos, a few special moves, and some health bonuses, lives, ect. All of that goes away from staying in the water slightly too long.

Certain features were not implemented.
Official Emperor of this board. Bow before me, peasants.
  • Topic Archived