• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Midna : Deuteragonist Perfected, "The" Twilight Princess for Smash !

User Info: Zero_Suit_Vi

Zero_Suit_Vi
4 weeks ago#21
Xx_Ozma_xX posted...
This is marvelous! I must say I'm a bigger supporter of Midna now thanks to you, TC, I think you've done well here

Aw! Really? That means a lot to me! If I managed to make people want Midna even more than before, it's a huge mission success!
I'm glad I did so well hehe!
Still hoping and cheering up for my Twilight Princess ! Bandana Dee for the win as well !

User Info: Nightfire2512

Nightfire2512
4 weeks ago#22
ZenithianHero posted...
Nightfire2512 posted...
Nah. Not until other, more important, Zelda characters get in at least.

Such as who? That competition section in this thread makes a good point, but outside the main three there is a drop off in importance to the overall franchise. Midna is one of the most important characters in her game and represents a piece of Zelda lore. That means a lot for how this series is structured.

Classic, blue, trident wielding Ganon. He’s been in 6.5 games (he’s not technically in Link’s Awakening, but a Nightmare Ganon alt costume would still work) several of which have nearly zero representation within Smash. Plus he’d have a unique moveset to boot.

Vaati. Main antagonist of 3 canon games, all of which have, again, been largely ignored in Smash. Plus he’s the first character to inherit Demise’s hatred, which has to count for something if “Being a Twili” somehow makes Midna important to the series. Unique moveset, and would represent another race within the series (the minish), same as Midna.

Impa. A variation of her has played a role in several of the games dating back to the original. If it was her SS incarnation, it would give that game the playable representation it’s been missing (and is something that TP already had two games worth of). And would be an actual Sheikah—who are far more important to the overall lore than the Twili are.

Tingle. No, I don’t actually want him, but the fact is, he was popular enough to get his own spin off series. And he’s been in more games.

User Info: Yosuke_Erdrick

Yosuke_Erdrick
4 weeks ago#23
I've said it before and I'll say it again . This is the type of content the board needs more of
kaishin no ichigeki

User Info: ZenithianHero

ZenithianHero
4 weeks ago#24
Nightfire2512 posted...
Classic, blue, trident wielding Ganon. He’s been in 6.5 games (he’s not technically in Link’s Awakening, but a Nightmare Ganon alt costume would still work) several of which have nearly zero representation within Smash. Plus he’d have a unique moveset to boot.

Vaati. Main antagonist of 3 canon games, all of which have, again, been largely ignored in Smash. Plus he’s the first character to inherit Demise’s hatred, which has to count for something if “Being a Twili” somehow makes Midna important to the series. Unique moveset, and would represent another race within the series (the minish), same as Midna.

Impa. A variation of her has played a role in several of the games dating back to the original. If it was her SS incarnation, it would give that game the playable representation it’s been missing (and is something that TP already had two games worth of). And would be an actual Sheikah—who are far more important to the overall lore than the Twili are.

Tingle. No, I don’t actually want him, but the fact is, he was popular enough to get his own spin off series. And he’s been in more games.

Pig Ganon would be cool. I just thinking he would be another large villain type for Smash (against Bowser, K. Rool) he obviously doesn't fight like those two.

Vaati wasn't even in Hyrule Warriors. But he did have two games adapted into manga.

The problem with Impa is everybody is expecting her to be a Shiek clone. That is the last thing Zelda rep needs.

Yeah no thanks to Tingle. Glad to see you didn't make much a fuss about him either. He's a case where being in multiple games doesn't really make him more important but it does increase his reach in spotlight. Too bad he's still on the controversial side.

If we had some luck on our side we could have gotten nearly all of these playable by now. I would still like to see Midna but don't mind anybody else too.
My blog | http://zenithianhero.tumblr.com/
Sega news site | http://www.segalization.com/

Zero_Suit_Vi
4 weeks ago#25
Nightfire2512 posted...
ZenithianHero posted...
Nightfire2512 posted...
Nah. Not until other, more important, Zelda characters get in at least.

Such as who? That competition section in this thread makes a good point, but outside the main three there is a drop off in importance to the overall franchise. Midna is one of the most important characters in her game and represents a piece of Zelda lore. That means a lot for how this series is structured.

Mhm, as I said before when we talked, Ganon is a good choice, one that wouldn't be so important to the representation if Ganondorf was represented correctly ... Unfortunatly as it is, Ganon is pretty much needed if we want a good representation of the main vilain

I kinda forgot that Vaati was in 3 games to be completly honest haha, but he's a cool character that I would really like, it's such a shame that both Smash Ultimate and Hyrule Warriors totally skipped his human form over ... But yeah, he is a good character, but he represent something completly different than Midna, so once again, Zelda could warrant one of those two with Midna

Impa and Tingle, I adressed it in the OP I believe, they aren't technically the same person, Impa is even the less consistant character of the series, apart from her name, and even that can change sometimes (Like with Impaz), her design, role and even age can change completly from one game to another, so they are such different character, that it's pretty hard to pin point "The" Impa you know ? I don't know if that put her above the likes of Midna due to that fact
And Tingle, it's the same thing to a lesser extant, he's a different character everytime, he share a name and a design that's true, but, as I said in those sort of discussions in the past ... I don't know which is worse, being a one off character that people want to see more, or being a recurent character that stopped being recuring due to the hate he recieved ? I do believe Tingle is in a worse spot all things considered
Still hoping and cheering up for my Twilight Princess ! Bandana Dee for the win as well !

Zero_Suit_Vi
4 weeks ago#26
Yosuke_Erdrick posted...
I've said it before and I'll say it again . This is the type of content the board needs more of

Aw ! I'm glad that people seem to be really enjoying this content I produce then hehe, I was more than happy to make it, and I would actually be happy to continue making that for other characters in the future if people really like it here .... I'll see how it goes !

Zero_Suit_Vi
4 weeks ago#27
Bump !

User Info: Nightfire2512

Nightfire2512
4 weeks ago#28
ZenithianHero posted...
Pig Ganon would be cool. I just thinking he would be another large villain type for Smash (against Bowser, K. Rool) he obviously doesn't fight like those two.

Vaati wasn't even in Hyrule Warriors. But he did have two games adapted into manga.

The problem with Impa is everybody is expecting her to be a Shiek clone. That is the last thing Zelda rep needs.

Yeah no thanks to Tingle. Glad to see you didn't make much a fuss about him either. He's a case where being in multiple games doesn't really make him more important but it does increase his reach in spotlight. Too bad he's still on the controversial side.

If we had some luck on our side we could have gotten nearly all of these playable by now. I would still like to see Midna but don't mind anybody else too.

Fair enough. I don’t even hate the idea of Midna, it’s just that I think her time has passed. The Zelda series has moved on and doesn’t seem interested in doing anything else with the Twili, so it’s largely a blip on the map in the grand scheme of things.

Zero_Suit_Vi posted...
Impa and Tingle, I adressed it in the OP I believe, they aren't technically the same person, Impa is even the less consistant character of the series, apart from her name, and even that can change sometimes (Like with Impaz), her design, role and even age can change completly from one game to another, so they are such different character, that it's pretty hard to pin point "The" Impa you know ? I don't know if that put her above the likes of Midna due to that fact
And Tingle, it's the same thing to a lesser extant, he's a different character everytime, he share a name and a design that's true, but, as I said in those sort of discussions in the past ... I don't know which is worse, being a one off character that people want to see more, or being a recurent character that stopped being recuring due to the hate he recieved ? I do believe Tingle is in a worse spot all things considered

Glad we agree about Ganon and Vaati.

That’s a fair point about Impa. But at the same time, there’s been a ton of different Links and Zeldas throughout the series. So just do what they did with them: take one of their most recent incarnations (HW’s version of Impa, for instance) and give her abilities that she’s used from the other ones. Give her some of Sheik, some of the magic she used in SS, the giant blade or Naginata, and she’s set.

And yes, I do believe that a reoccurring character from a tribe who has become a central part of the series is above a one off in terms of importance.

As for Tingle? Just don’t add him.

User Info: albertojz356

albertojz356
4 weeks ago#29
A way better choice than Dull Kid
Here we go, off the rails.

Zero_Suit_Vi
4 weeks ago#30
Nightfire2512 posted...
ZenithianHero posted...

Fair enough. I don’t even hate the idea of Midna, it’s just that I think her time has passed. The Zelda series has moved on and doesn’t seem interested in doing anything else with the Twili, so it’s largely a blip on the map in the grand scheme of things.

Zero_Suit_Vi posted...

Glad we agree about Ganon and Vaati.

That’s a fair point about Impa. But at the same time, there’s been a ton of different Links and Zeldas throughout the series. So just do what they did with them: take one of their most recent incarnations (HW’s version of Impa, for instance) and give her abilities that she’s used from the other ones. Give her some of Sheik, some of the magic she used in SS, the giant blade or Naginata, and she’s set.

And yes, I do believe that a reoccurring character from a tribe who has become a central part of the series is above a one off in terms of importance.

As for Tingle? Just don’t add him.

The difference with Link & Zelda, is that they at least have the same recuring "role", which was my argument about what could be repped in a series like Zelda that have a rotating cast, Impa do not even have a recuring role ... She have a loooot of different roles through the whole series, and I guess that "Sheikah Tribe Member" would qualify as her role ? But then again, Sheik already fill that then ... Impa could still get in, but I dunno, she's a pretty weird case actually

As for not wanting to do anything with Midna or the Twili ... That's kinda the opposite of what actually happened, TP2 was gonna be a thing two times already, and well ... This whole thing about BOTW2 being connected to them that we already discussed, plus the fact that she got a remake, plus the fact that they made her the sole character of the TP Spin Off, they don't seem to be that "done" with Midna IMO
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Midna : Deuteragonist Perfected, "The" Twilight Princess for Smash !
  • Topic Archived