• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. "Tales of" news coming, says Sabi's NoA source. Is it Smash, Vergeben?

User Info: Nuachro7

Nuachro7
4 weeks ago#1
Sabi confirmed today that he has heard from his source that "tales of news" are coming. Is it related to Smash? or is it some sort of port / remake of a certain "Tales of" game coming to Switch ? It wouldn't be mobile nor Arise, since those things are disconnected from Nintendo and this source is connected to Nintendo. So something is coming to the Switch, we just don't know what it is. Plus those trademarked logos, a "Tales of Series" logo and a book + quill icon (which people are jumping too fast on the conclusion of being a save button when nothing official states that it is…), that just popped up by Bamco is like too much of a coincidence to be nothing. Also Arise and the mobile game already got logos, so these trademarks are instantly not related to those. And I doubt they are making a second new game with Arise still on its way… So, either a Port/Remake, or Lloyd in smash, which is it?

… there's also that tweet by the first VA Lloyd had, who teases he is in a project he is very excited about, and he didn't come out saying it was definitely the Robin role in that cartoon, he hasn't confirmed the tease was about that…

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
4 weeks ago#2
if it was smash news it'd be smash news not tales news
Welcome to the world of idiots.

User Info: Slime

Slime
4 weeks ago#3
DiogenesKC posted...

if it was a tales character, it would be both

that said, i'm not claiming to know one way or the other
A Slime draws near! Command?
(message deleted)

User Info: iMACobra

iMACobra
4 weeks ago#5
Do you think a Tales of rep would be part of Challenger Pack 5 when a series logo was trademarked this late?
Anyone with eyes can see that.

User Info: Nuachro7

Nuachro7
4 weeks ago#6
DiogenesKC posted...

If you read what I wrote you would see that I'm looking for Verge to confirm whether it's connected to Smash or just Tales of specifically. The way the source said news about it is too vague imo, and nothing eliminates the possiblity that there is a game coming + character reveal a la Isabelle + AC game style happening.

User Info: Galcian

Galcian
4 weeks ago#7
Lloyd Irving confirmed

User Info: Drell

Drell
4 weeks ago#8
I have a bet with a friend that Lloyd is going to be the 5th fighter pass. If I win he has to pay me a meal in an expensive restaurant so I hope it's him.
Geno, Goku and Bandana Waddle Dee NOT for smash
Reimu, Lloyd and Phoenix Wright for Smash!

User Info: perfectchaos83

perfectchaos83
4 weeks ago#9
Nuachro7 posted...
which people are jumping too fast on the conclusion of being a save button when nothing official states that it is…

It's literally what save points are in Tales of. Namco wouldn't have trademarked it if it was an icon made for Smash.

It's 100% not going to be Smash related.
Blazblue Main and Subs
http://i.imgur.com/05lRF8f.png

User Info: VeridisQuo

VeridisQuo
4 weeks ago#10
Nuachro7 posted...
DiogenesKC posted...

If you read what I wrote you would see that I'm looking for Verge to confirm whether it's connected to Smash or just Tales of specifically. The way the source said news about it is too vague imo, and nothing eliminates the possiblity that there is a game coming + character reveal a la Isabelle + AC game style happening.

I just need to say it again, because it for some reason bares repeating. Whether you believe him or not, Verge isn't a slave to people's leak questions. You can't just summon him like a genie and get all the answers you want.
You're gonna carry that weight.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. "Tales of" news coming, says Sabi's NoA source. Is it Smash, Vergeben?
  • Topic Archived