• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I think Rex is actually gonna get in.

User Info: RoIIaRova

RoIIaRova
1 month ago#401
SenselessBreak posted...
RoIIaRova posted...
Xac351 posted...
RoIIaRova posted...
WHATZITUYA posted...
RoIIaRova posted...
I also think we'll get the Astral Chain MC.

Considering how long it took Inkling to be playable and Springman's current status. I think it's a far safer assumption to assume brand spanking new IPs just don't see fighters straight out of the womb.

Yeah, maybe not, we just don't know much about these new fighters, when we'll see the first of them, how long they've been planned for, etc.

ChaosKintrol posted...
Byleth

Yuck.

Also, we are 100% going to get more third-party characters, mark my words.

Imagine wanting a bland, emotionless anime character but saying "yuck" to another bland, emotionless anime character.

Any Xenoblade character is immediately more expressive and emotional than any Fire Emblem character.

What pisses me off about JRPGs lately are silent protags.

Joker, Luminary, Byleth, Akira, etc.

All are silent and its frustrating since the rest of the cast fully speak. Rex having a full speaking role and developed personality makes him stand out so much.

Yeah, I totally get this. I grew up playing Pokemon and Mario and got so used to silent protagonists, I think the only game I really played when I was a kid where the protagonist spoke was Professor Layton. Xenoblade Chronicles was when I started getting used to talking protagonists, I think, and it's so much better.
Official Rex & Pyra of the Smash Ultimate board
Last Game Beaten: Final Fantasy VI

User Info: CoolRed

CoolRed
1 month ago#402
SenselessBreak posted...
RoIIaRova posted...
Xac351 posted...
RoIIaRova posted...
WHATZITUYA posted...
RoIIaRova posted...
I also think we'll get the Astral Chain MC.

Considering how long it took Inkling to be playable and Springman's current status. I think it's a far safer assumption to assume brand spanking new IPs just don't see fighters straight out of the womb.

Yeah, maybe not, we just don't know much about these new fighters, when we'll see the first of them, how long they've been planned for, etc.

ChaosKintrol posted...
Byleth

Yuck.

Also, we are 100% going to get more third-party characters, mark my words.

Imagine wanting a bland, emotionless anime character but saying "yuck" to another bland, emotionless anime character.

Any Xenoblade character is immediately more expressive and emotional than any Fire Emblem character.

What pisses me off about JRPGs lately are silent protags.

Joker, Luminary, Byleth, Akira, etc.

All are silent and its frustrating since the rest of the cast fully speak. Rex having a full speaking role and developed personality makes him stand out so much.

It's a shame that Rex's personality is basically shonnen archetype #101.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I think Rex is actually gonna get in.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers