• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. It has now been 12 years since Sonic was first announced for Brawl. Time flies.

User Info: Need2KnowLion

Need2KnowLion
4 days ago#1
Did you watch that reveal live?

https://youtu.be/8PgxEQuFp2c
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: estejor

estejor
4 days ago#2
Need2KnowLion posted...
Did you watch that reveal live?

no, because I had no internet back then
"A JUMP INTO THE SKY TURNS INTO A RIDER KICK"

User Info: ruldoph_cloud

ruldoph_cloud
4 days ago#3
I remeber checking the dojo that day and seeing the "New Challenger" banner. I savoured it as usual before scrolling down the page.

One of the very few times something like this made me jump out my chair and yelp with excitement.

The others were the Cloud reveal trailer (made me hyperventailate,) and "EVERYBODY IS HERE"

Yeah, I'm a nerd.
No, because
1) i wasn't really into video games, let alone Nintendo and Smash Bros.
2) i loved cartoons more than anything else
3) i didn't know what the hell the internet was until 2012
FC: 4554-0551-0272 | IGN: TheHungryBox
The Offical Kommo-o of Smash Bros. boards + Ganondorf and Daisy main. The corporations are stupid and corrupted AF
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
4 days ago#5
I almost jumped out my dad's chair, at the time. (I didn't have my own computer yet.)
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde/Seth/Linne team (BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle), Goku SS/Vegeta SS (FZ).

User Info: mew2ds

mew2ds
4 days ago#6
The one that really killed me was megaman announcement, he was my most wanted since this trailer dropped
The difference between reality and fiction is that fiction has to make sense

User Info: PlasmaCannon

PlasmaCannon
4 days ago#7
I do remember that trailer which was met with a facepalm and a long sigh at yet another zero hype inclusion not to mention the awful music in the trailer.
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.

User Info: joecorp

joecorp
4 days ago#8
Yes and I remember thinking the reveal felt kinda mundane compared to Snake.

Still a cool moment though
Waiting for: Metroid Prime 4

User Info: bearmedal

bearmedal
4 days ago#9
I was checking the Dojo like I did every morning since its creation.

I saw the "Challenger Approaching" banner and my heart leapt with excitement and anticipation.

I scrolled down, saw who it was, then stared agog at my laptop for several minutes.

Then, because I couldn't fully process the ramifications of this, I just started laughing.

User Info: DrOrpheus42

DrOrpheus42
4 days ago#10
I watched the reveal trailer three times that day.

The first time, just staring in amazement unable to process anything.

The second time, paying attention to what attacks he'd actually do and how way past cool he looked doing it.

The third time, because the synchronization with Live and Learn was just so friggin' epic.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76947934
^The saga of me beating a game from each series in Smash Ultimate within 100 Days
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. It has now been 12 years since Sonic was first announced for Brawl. Time flies.
  • Post New Message