• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why people are so sure that Geno would appear in spin offs if wasn't for Square?

User Info: Slime

Slime
4 days ago#41
square releases multiple games per year for nintendo then decides to work with sony on their biggest release to date

key square employee says nintendo was mad and told them not to come back

square doesn't release another nintendo game for many years

no split here guys
A Slime draws near! Command?
ganjo posted...
Slime posted...
https://www.ign.com/articles/1996/12/12/sony-officially-announces-alignment-with-square

1996 article originally published in IGN's physical magazine talking about how Square signed an exclusivity deal with Sony for their next several games

this literally confirms that they were no longer seeking to work with nintendo at that time and for the foreseeable future

curious how that is not a split from nintendo, plz let me know lmao
Hopefully that one will make CrazyDiamonds shut up. But as we know him he will try to twist facts again after that. Best to just ignore him then.

As I pretty much told slime, how do you translate dropping a project for technical difficulties into hate and bad blood? Nintendo wanted to do cartridges, which make development difficult for everyone, Sony offered CDs instead which made it possible to realize Square's vision.
Smash ultimate wishlist: Sora, funky kong echo. Smash dreams come true: Joker, Banjo&Kazooie, Shulk
Nonwanted characters: Geno, Lloyd(alone),Solaire(alone)

Slime
4 days ago#43
Slime posted...
square releases multiple games per year for nintendo then decides to work with sony on their biggest release to date

key square employee says nintendo was mad and told them not to come back

square doesn't release another nintendo game for many years

no split here guys

please explain how this doesn't qualify as a split without trying to explain it away by talking about the original reasons why square chose to do ff7 for sony because that is literally not evidence that disproves these events

do this and i'll respond to further inquiries
Another little quote from the interview:

Hiroshi Kawai [Character programmer, Square Japan]: I'll say this. I'm impressed with what Nintendo [was] able to do with the 64 hardware. Mario, Zelda — their devs must be top notch to be able to do that. But that's essentially the extent of what you can do with the hardware. And you would get nowhere near anything like a Final Fantasy running on it.

What do you guess? Square literally couldnt get their games running it on it.

Slime: No! ThEy HaTeD eAcH oThEr!
Smash ultimate wishlist: Sora, funky kong echo. Smash dreams come true: Joker, Banjo&Kazooie, Shulk

User Info: Lyncario

Lyncario
4 days ago#45
What I have done.
My weab power is greater than yours
-Me

Slime
4 days ago#46
so far i've heard that square continued to work eith nintendo (false)

they released multiple games after the supposed split under the square banner (false since one is not multiple)

this game was released before square was absorbed by enix (also false since that process started in 2000 and was done in all but the final details prior to development of the game even starting)

there was no bad blood between nintendo and square (key employee says nintendo told them to not come back)
Like slime hou are clearly seeing that the one generation square is completely absent from nintendo is the one generation they cant get their games to run on their flagship console yet you attribute this to bad blood, even in your best case scenario if there were such thing is bad blood it would only stem from yamauchi alone.

Slime
4 days ago#48
CrazyDiamondSP posted...
Another little quote from the interview:

Hiroshi Kawai [Character programmer, Square Japan]: I'll say this. I'm impressed with what Nintendo [was] able to do with the 64 hardware. Mario, Zelda — their devs must be top notch to be able to do that. But that's essentially the extent of what you can do with the hardware. And you would get nowhere near anything like a Final Fantasy running on it.

What do you guess? Square literally couldnt get their games running it on it.

Slime: No! ThEy HaTeD eAcH oThEr!

i said over and over that this is the reason that square moved to sony

i said that this move is what caused the division because it made nintendo mad

are you even replying to what i actually say or will you keep claiming i said square hated nintendo and that's why they didn't release ff7 on the 64? since you keep saying that i said it lmao
Lyncario posted...
What I have done.

Not much really, this is just me diving head in first into an argument, I know slime aint a Geno fan, and this whole argument of ours doesnt really pertain to geno so no need to feel that you brought up this on us.

Slime
4 days ago#50
i'm not even sure how you could possibly see me say that square moved to sony to release a game and then nintendo got mad about it as "square hated nintendo so they released ff7 on the ps1"

please reply to what i actually said or don't bother
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why people are so sure that Geno would appear in spin offs if wasn't for Square?
  • Post New Message