• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why people are so sure that Geno would appear in spin offs if wasn't for Square?
Slime posted...
oh and please tell me how hiroshi kawai saying this is clickbait in that article you claim is such

Hiroshi Kawai: What I heard was Nintendo said, "If you're leaving us, never come back."

there's the title of the article right in his quote, learn what clickbait is plz

Why dont you post the other quotes in said article then? Or do you want me to go and fetch them for you?
Smash ultimate wishlist: Sora, funky kong echo. Smash dreams come true: Joker, Banjo&Kazooie, Shulk
Nonwanted characters: Geno, Lloyd(alone),Solaire(alone)
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Slime

Slime
4 days ago#32
CrazyDiamondSP posted...
I was pretty clear Ganjo, if your whole argument rests on an article that clickbaited you and you took out of context then you have no place in this argument, like do you want me to show it to you or will you go in and realize it yourself?

read the post where i literally quoted the guy from squaresoft saying what the title of the article says and explain how that's clickbait lmao
A Slime draws near! Command?

Slime
4 days ago#33
CrazyDiamondSP posted...
Why dont you post the other quotes in said article then? Or do you want me to go and fetch them for you?

wow different people heard different things? radical concept that doesn't change what hiroshi kawai heard

User Info: NamelessShame

NamelessShame
4 days ago#34
CrazyDiamondSP posted...
NamelessShame posted...
CrazyDiamondSP posted...
Slime posted...
CrazyDiamondSP posted...
Uh yeah such split never happened, thats one of the most BS lies I often hear Geno fans spew out, Nintendo made the 64 and Square like many other companies simply jumped ship into the system which would afford them better business, if you see the gba and stuff Square still developed games for those even after ceasing support for nintendo consoles, there was never really a fallout or anything of the sort.

Squaresoft didn't develop a single game for a Nintendo system from the N64 era until after they were absorbed by Enix. The last games they did on a Nintendo system before 2003 were released in 1996.

Here's a list of every Squaresoft release:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Square_video_games

Enix has never had a bad relationship with Nintendo, so it's unsurprising that they continued to release games with Nintendo during every era and also that Squaresoft titles returned to Nintendo after they took over.

Factually wrong though:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/712ZZr5BIfL._AC_SL1083_.jpg

Here you can see FFTA promotional japanese artwork which still had the squaresoft logo, the game came out shortly before they merged with enix, since the NA release already features the new Square Enix logo, but considering that the game released in february of 2003 under the squaresoft name its proof that the game was already in development during 2002 and perhaps planned earlier than that too.

For someone who claims "damage control" on so many Geno supporters, that's some nice damage control.

Wow

Facts=DC now? Lol!
Oh wait, its closeted Geno fan namelessshame, no surprise he'd think that.

Lol, I'm not closeted at all about my Geno support, brah. I'm also not hiding that I've been huge supporters of Hero and Banjo far before their speculation and impending debuts were officially announced, which is something apparently no Geno fans do because we're all entitled boomers or some s*** that hate everything else.

But you keep doing your shtick. This place definitely wouldn't be the same without your shining input.
Where did dinosaurs come from?
Where did they go? Will we ever have answers to these mysteries? Hopefully we'll find out... today.

User Info: ganjo

ganjo
4 days ago#35
CrazyDiamondSP posted...
As explained multiple people give different versions as they want it to stay out of public as those were internal matters. But when you see one speaking up, you realize the matter already is disputed and not as clear. The conclusion is obvious
My most wanteds: #1 Heihachi, #2 Rayman, #3 a new Zelda rep, #4 Waluigi, #5 Shadow, #6 Geno, #7 Ryu Hayabusa, #8 Crash Bandicoot, #9 Doom Slayer, #10 Diablo

Slime
4 days ago#36
https://www.ign.com/articles/1996/12/12/sony-officially-announces-alignment-with-square

1996 article originally published in IGN's physical magazine talking about how Square signed an exclusivity deal with Sony for their next several games

this literally confirms that they were no longer seeking to work with nintendo at that time and for the foreseeable future

curious how that is not a split from nintendo, plz let me know lmao
At the very least, we can probably all agree that the only reason why he didn't cameo in the Mario & Luigi remake was because of rights.
Current Super Smash Bros. Ultimate dream roster:
https://i.imgur.com/yz6Mini.png
Slime posted...
CrazyDiamondSP posted...
I was pretty clear Ganjo, if your whole argument rests on an article that clickbaited you and you took out of context then you have no place in this argument, like do you want me to show it to you or will you go in and realize it yourself?

read the post where i literally quoted the guy from squaresoft saying what the title of the article says and explain how that's clickbait lmao

Hironobu Sakaguchi [creator of Final Fantasy]: When we made our decision, the president of Square [Masafumi Miyamoto], our lead programmer [Ken Narita] and I went to a meeting with Yamauchi-san. There is an old cultural tradition where, in Kyoto, someone will welcome you with tea, but you're not supposed to really drink that tea. It's just polite to have it there. And Yamauchi-san welcomed us with a very expensive bento meal and beer, and gave us a very nice welcome and basically patted us on the back to say, "I wish you the best." No bitter feelings or anything.

Also from your own article:
However, when Nintendo decided to stick with cartridges for its N64 system, it created something of a problem for Square. The company had already shown off a Final Fantasy SGI tech demo which seemed to indicate that it was about to commit to the N64 - a logical move given how close the two firms had been during the 8 and 16-bit eras - but development of what would eventually become Final Fantasy VII shifted to the Sony PlayStation when it became apparent that the game's incredible scope simply wouldn't have been achievable without the use of CD storage.

Like the article pretty much spells it out for you that Square tried but couldnt because of technical limitations, how do you translate that to bad blood and hate is beyond me, were they supposed to stay in and tried to make it work out of love for nintendo or something? God forbid a business takes decisions that involve them making money right?
Smash ultimate wishlist: Sora, funky kong echo. Smash dreams come true: Joker, Banjo&Kazooie, Shulk
Nonwanted characters: Geno, Lloyd(alone),Solaire(alone)

User Info: ganjo

ganjo
4 days ago#39
Slime posted...
https://www.ign.com/articles/1996/12/12/sony-officially-announces-alignment-with-square

1996 article originally published in IGN's physical magazine talking about how Square signed an exclusivity deal with Sony for their next several games

this literally confirms that they were no longer seeking to work with nintendo at that time and for the foreseeable future

curious how that is not a split from nintendo, plz let me know lmao
Hopefully that one will make CrazyDiamonds shut up. But as we know him he will try to twist facts again after that. Best to just ignore him then.
My most wanteds: #1 Heihachi, #2 Rayman, #3 a new Zelda rep, #4 Waluigi, #5 Shadow, #6 Geno, #7 Ryu Hayabusa, #8 Crash Bandicoot, #9 Doom Slayer, #10 Diablo

Slime
4 days ago#40
nobody said that square was the company that initiated their parting ways

kawai's commentary basically defines nintendo as the ones who caused it in response to their decision to move to sony's system over nintendo

what you're posting does not prove otherwise
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why people are so sure that Geno would appear in spin offs if wasn't for Square?
  • Post New Message