• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why people are so sure that Geno would appear in spin offs if wasn't for Square?

User Info: Tomasagaz14

Tomasagaz14
1 week ago#1
That's absurd, i've seen many saying "if SE didn't own him, he would totally appear in Kart or Party games!"...
Despite more important and easier to use RPG characters still aren't in the spin offs games, no way that Geno gets in Kart or Party before Fawful or freakin Paper Mario.
Official Mr. Who Would Win.
Smash Most Wanteds: Phoenix Wright, Bandana Dee, Paper Mario, Terra Branford and Soma Cruz.

User Info: -N3ON-

-N3ON-
1 week ago#2
Sakurai woulda put him in Brawl, at which point getting overlooked from Mario spin-offs seems unlikely.

User Info: CrazyDiamondSP

CrazyDiamondSP
1 week ago#3
There are 2 important key factors that pretty much tear that entire argument apart:

1.There are massive amounts of Nintendo owned characters that made their debut in mario games tjat essentially share their one off and done role with Geno, many of them never see the light of day again despite being nintendo owned.
2.SE has made several other Mario games which are supervised by nintendo and even in those neither company shows any interest in bringing Geno back in any shape or form.

I'd like to add that when it comes to Mario staples nintendo seems to have an absolute strong arm when it comes to who gets famous and who doesnt, they felt like bringing Pauline back and they did so in full force, they wanted toadette relevant and she has been featured in tons of mario games. Rosalina has also had a bunch of playable appearences and she's even playable in mainline mario platforming games.

If Nintendo really wanted to push Geno they would stop at nothing to do so, but its clear they dont care about him, and to that extent the bulk of mario fans dont either, instead they care about characters like Waluigi and Toad. Its just the extremely vocal minority that still keeps Geno on life support in hopes that he'll one day also feature a similar role as the few mario characters which have become staples over the the years.
Smash ultimate wishlist: Sora, funky kong echo. Smash dreams come true: Joker, Banjo&Kazooie, Shulk
Nonwanted characters: Geno, Lloyd(alone),Solaire(alone)

User Info: Zero_Suit_Vi

Zero_Suit_Vi
1 week ago#4
I have to admit that I was thinking the same before being reminded of Fawful and Paper Mario not being in... It doesn't make much sense indeed that Geno would appear in there before those two, even if he was owned by Nintendo...
I do hope to see the RPG characters joining one day though!
Still hoping and cheering up for my Twilight Princess ! Bandana Dee for the win as well !

CrazyDiamondSP
1 week ago#5
-N3ON- posted...
Sakurai woulda put him in Brawl, at which point getting overlooked from Mario spin-offs seems unlikely.

Ah yes tell me in how many mario games spinoff or otherwise have you seen Giga bowser in? Heck tell me how many zelda games actually feature Ganondorf or sheik for that matter? Nintendo will always do its own thing without giving a single f*** about what sakurai does.
Smash ultimate wishlist: Sora, funky kong echo. Smash dreams come true: Joker, Banjo&Kazooie, Shulk

User Info: aman541

aman541
1 week ago#6
I don't think an OC from any of the Mario RPGs (RPG, Paper, M&L) have made a proper appearance outside of their games (besides cameos). Baby Peach I guess but I don't think a baby version of a character counts as an OC.

User Info: DisketDance

DisketDance
1 week ago#7
Remember when the Millennium Star from Mario Party 3 appeared in other games?
Yeah, me neither.

User Info: Lyncario

Lyncario
1 week ago#8
From what I've heard, Geno and Mallow were considered mainstay when SMRPG came out, but due to the Square split, rpg characters only apearing in the rpg games aparently became an unwritten rule in Nintendo.
My weab power is greater than yours
-Me

User Info: stinkycat

stinkycat
1 week ago#9
aman541 posted...
I don't think an OC from any of the Mario RPGs (RPG, Paper, M&L) have made a proper appearance outside of their games (besides cameos). Baby Peach I guess but I don't think a baby version of a character counts as an OC.

The stars from paper Mario are in Mario party 5
The names Woody Wiiiiiiiild Woody

CrazyDiamondSP
1 week ago#10
Lyncario posted...
From what I've heard, Geno and Mallow were considered mainstay when SMRPG came out, but due to the Square split, rpg characters only apearing in the rpg games aparently became an unwritten rule in Nintendo.

Uh yeah such split never happened, thats one of the most BS lies I often hear Geno fans spew out, Nintendo made the 64 and Square like many other companies simply jumped ship into the system which would afford them better business, if you see the gba and stuff Square still developed games for those even after ceasing support for nintendo consoles, there was never really a fallout or anything of the sort.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why people are so sure that Geno would appear in spin offs if wasn't for Square?
  • Topic Archived