• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What is your opinion on Assist Trophies?

User Info: IceHammer

IceHammer
4 days ago#1
Well?

What is your opinion?
Triggering people since June 2019
(message deleted)

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
4 days ago#3
They're... neat?
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde/Seth/Linne team (BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle), Goku SS/Vegeta SS (FZ).

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
4 days ago#4
they're a good addition though i feel like sometimes they can dominate the fight a bit too much

obviously they should have an effect but some of them are practically a whole extra fighter and suddenly going 2-on-1 is a bit ridiculous
Welcome to the world of idiots.

User Info: PlasmaCannon

PlasmaCannon
4 days ago#5
One of the worst things introduced into the series.
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.

User Info: MagnusDJL

MagnusDJL
4 days ago#6
Their gameplay function is fine. They're a ****ty way to represent characters though. Ideally they would have been kept to minor characters/enemies like Metroids, Darknuts and, you know...pirahna plants......

or if not that, characters that would be much harder to translate into a full playable fighter, like the pong paddles or Andross.

User Info: kirbyakaZ

kirbyakaZ
4 days ago#7
They're fun, but I feel don't sit right.
They aren't fit for competitive play due to how random they are and all, but they also aren't fit for super casual play either as noobs already struggle with understanding what's going on and suddenly having an extra character to worry about just adds onto the confusion.

<("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)
Kirby Dance

User Info: Speedshocker

Speedshocker
4 days ago#8
I love assist trophies. It's always fun to see what's inside and see how they can just wreck everything, especially if it's a character you happen to love.

User Info: CharizardFire

CharizardFire
4 days ago#9
I think it's silly that there are people that think AT characters can't be post-Fighter Pass DLC.

Unless it turns out that the additional DLC characters were decided upon prior to release (which is unlikely at best), this is just a made-up fan rule to keep characters out.
http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/

User Info: Exodecai

Exodecai
4 days ago#10
Other

They're good for characters like Thwomp or Andross but they’re a downer for characters like Waluigi or Issac
Check out my bead page on Instagram! @Jemzos
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What is your opinion on Assist Trophies?
  • Post New Message