• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Any unpopular opinions regarding 3rd party reps?

User Info: Kingslime304

Kingslime304
5 days ago#1
Here’s mine:

I personally prefer a Toukiden Rep over a Ninja Gaiden rep.

Seriously, that Rifle weapon is soo much fun.

I know it’s like MH but still

User Info: Cameron1058

Cameron1058
5 days ago#2
Crash is an incredibly annoying and overrated character. There’s mine
Bomberman was robbed this game, Gdi Nintendo! Bomberman for Smash!
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: jtrevor99

jtrevor99
5 days ago#3
Not a third party opinion, but a valid one nonetheless:

Instead of being set up as a partial clone of Mario, Luigi should be set up so that he usually wins by doing absolutely nothing.

User Info: CheerUpCrewcut

CheerUpCrewcut
5 days ago#4
A protagonist from Silent Hill would actually be more interesting then Pyramid Head to play as, I think. Based on the quality of (most. Little Mac) movesets nowadays I think a protagonist would likely draw from more various abilities and ideas than Pyramid Head would if a protagonist were added, having to make do with whatever weapons they could find in Silent Hill. It would almost certainly be Harry, and if not him, definitely James, but Murphy or Henry would probably provide the most interesting ideas, then maybe Travis.

Jill is the worst of the Resident Evil options, Chris is the best, among options regularly talked about at any rate. To clarify this is who I like more, I think Chris and Jill are about tied in terms of 'deservingness', along with Leon and Wesker, maybe Ada, and Claire right behind them.

Kazuya should be the Tekken rep, and it would most likely be Jin.

Snake is the best third party character.
Official Honey Dakimakura of Smashfaqs
Hi senok, notok, Jedimess, Tinfoil, Cameron, Mace, Merp, Colette, mark, SSP, jkid etc: https://i.imgtc.ws/Hy5HPvb.png

User Info: stinkycat

stinkycat
5 days ago#5
I like yo-kai watch and think it should be in the game
The names Woody Wiiiiiiiild Woody
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: CrazyDiamondSP

CrazyDiamondSP
5 days ago#6
Cameron1058 posted...
Crash is an incredibly annoying and overrated character. There’s mine

Personally I dont dislike crash but people who want him and dislike Master Chief are pretty big hypocrites tbh.
Smash ultimate wishlist: Sora, funky kong echo. Smash dreams come true: Joker, Banjo&Kazooie, Shulk
Nonwanted characters: Geno, Lloyd(alone),Solaire(alone)

User Info: ZenithianHero

ZenithianHero
5 days ago#7
I rather see Bub and Bob or Lara Croft over another JRPG Square-Enix rep.
My blog | http://zenithianhero.tumblr.com/
Sega news site | http://www.segalization.com/

User Info: PlasmaCannon

PlasmaCannon
5 days ago#8
Master Chief, Lloyd Irving, Yuri Lowell, Yoshimitsu, Ryu Hayabusa, Geralt, Noctis, Leon S Kennedy, Phoenix Wright, Dante, Heihachi, 2nd Sonic rep, and anything from Dark Souls, Skyrim, Monster Hunter, Minecraft, or Mortal Kombat would all be zero hype inclusions to me.
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.

User Info: Stun427

Stun427
4 days ago#9
Sales, iconic, and "hype factor" should never be factored in when deciding 3rd parties for Smash.
If you aren't a direct fan of a series don't accept characters because "they make sense"
Fun fact: Playing the nostalgia goggles card shows you have nothing of value to say and are grasping at straws to argue with someone.
Stun427 posted...
Sales, iconic, and "hype factor" should never be factored in when deciding 3rd parties for Smash.
If you aren't a direct fan of a series don't accept characters because "they make sense"

This but replace "direct fan of a series" with "direct fan of the character".
"If the world won't accept you, the fault lies with it, not you!" - Tear Grants
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Any unpopular opinions regarding 3rd party reps?
  • Post New Message