• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Mii Costumes DE-confirm Harder than Spirits/Assist Trophies...

User Info: 7NATOR

7NATOR
1 month ago#1
If you are a Character That's Not Already Playable on the roster, and you turn out as a mii costume, you are deconfirmed Harder than an Assist Trophy and Spirit

That's just a guess i have, feel free to discuss
I Am Now 7NATOR the Shadow GOD! Shadow will be in Smash...It is my purpose in Life to Play as Shadow in Smash. No Echo Fighter. Unique Fighter YES

User Info: In_A_Fayz

In_A_Fayz
1 month ago#2
I mean, both are kinda unlikely to get upgraded in the same game so....

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
1 month ago#3
I consider an Assist to be a 100% deconfirmation, so I have trouble seeing how a Mii costume could be stronger.

Oh, but of course, it's because your favorite character is an Assist, isn't it?
Creator of Jay's Journey, including Jay's Journey Reimagined/Jay's Journey 2: Worlds Apart!
https://jaysjourney2016.wordpress.com/

User Info: In_A_Fayz

In_A_Fayz
1 month ago#4
jayman7 posted...

be nice, he's allowed to have hope.

nothing wrong with supporting a character is there? Oh right, this is Gamefaqs, never mind, silly me for believing in freedom of speech around these parts.

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
1 month ago#5
He can want whoever he wants. But he's so obnoxious about wanting this one, and wanting someone doesn't change the odds of him getting in in any significant way unless you're on the dev team. I believe that being an Assist is the strongest way an otherwise-eligible character can be deconfirmed, and 7NATOR wanting Shadow to be playable doesn't change that.
Creator of Jay's Journey, including Jay's Journey Reimagined/Jay's Journey 2: Worlds Apart!
https://jaysjourney2016.wordpress.com/

User Info: 7NATOR

7NATOR
1 month ago#6
In_A_Fayz posted...
I mean, both are kinda unlikely to get upgraded in the same game so....

We'll see about that

Even then though, I don't necessarily believe that a Character that was turned into a Mii Costume is 100 barred from being playable, it could still happen (Most likely with Rex). It's just that i find Spirits and Assist Promotions to be more likely, but we can get all 3

jayman7 posted...
I consider an Assist to be a 100% deconfirmation, so I have trouble seeing how a Mii costume could be stronger.

Well technically Mii Costumes are playable, assist aren't
I Am Now 7NATOR the Shadow GOD! Shadow will be in Smash...It is my purpose in Life to Play as Shadow in Smash. No Echo Fighter. Unique Fighter YES

User Info: Izzy0585

Izzy0585
1 month ago#7
In_A_Fayz posted...
jayman7 posted...

nothing wrong with supporting a character is there? Oh right, this is Gamefaqs, never mind, silly me for believing in freedom of speech around these parts.

That's right, you should want whatever it is you like, even when the outcome looks bleak. It's only when you set yourself up for extreme disappointment with expectations that do not indicate in any way whatsoever that they're happening.

Wanting something on a sliver of a chance for someday is completely different (and more reasonable) than convincing yourself into believing something that's only going to hurt when all is said and done, which unfortunately I think is what is happening here. Some of us don't say these things out of malice, we're trying to curb slim expectations since apparently some people have a hard time with the results; if we all happen to be wrong and they whip out a miracle, good for him.
Yomakomba - On the Beach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSCQjHig2ac
Animus Volt - Sunset Drive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMiNpk-5rng

User Info: DrunkCellist

DrunkCellist
1 month ago#8
Izzy0585 posted...
In_A_Fayz posted...
jayman7 posted...

That's right, you should want whatever it is you like, even when the outcome looks bleak. It's only when you set yourself up for extreme disappointment with expectations that do not indicate in any way whatsoever that they're happening.

Wanting something on a sliver of a chance for someday is completely different (and more reasonable) than convincing yourself into believing something that's only going to hurt when all is said and done, which unfortunately I think is what is happening here. Some of us don't say these things out of malice, we're trying to curb slim expectations; if we all happen to be wrong, good for him.

ok but what if i think brown kirby will get in but i also believe in myself will he get in
(hey. it's me. senok. you know, the sans guy. i haven't changed my sig on this account for a really long time)
haha sans is in smash

User Info: Izzy0585

Izzy0585
1 month ago#9
DrunkCellist posted...
Izzy0585 posted...
In_A_Fayz posted...
jayman7 posted...

Wanting something on a sliver of a chance for someday is completely different (and more reasonable) than convincing yourself into believing something that's only going to hurt when all is said and done, which unfortunately I think is what is happening here. Some of us don't say these things out of malice, we're trying to curb slim expectations; if we all happen to be wrong, good for him.

ok but what if i think brown kirby will get in but i also believe in myself will he get in

Well you're the only one who Sakurai actually scouts out intel about that pertains to your interests, so this does not apply to you naturally.
Yomakomba - On the Beach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSCQjHig2ac
Animus Volt - Sunset Drive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMiNpk-5rng

User Info: DrunkCellist

DrunkCellist
1 month ago#10
Izzy0585 posted...
DrunkCellist posted...
Izzy0585 posted...
In_A_Fayz posted...
jayman7 posted...

Well you're the only one who Sakurai actually scouts out intel about that pertains to your interests, so this does not apply to you naturally.

oh so that's why sans got in.
(hey. it's me. senok. you know, the sans guy. i haven't changed my sig on this account for a really long time)
haha sans is in smash
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Mii Costumes DE-confirm Harder than Spirits/Assist Trophies...
  • Topic Archived