• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. CYOA - Olimar's Alimony Sidestories - Part 1: Prayers in Black and White
MrFuzz111 posted...
CheerUpCrewcut posted...
Birdbrain posted...
all we need now is Tomas with shovel and gun

"Are there any other notable people we should know of?"

If we ask this question and we don't get the names of every single playable character from FE1, 3, 11, and 12 I will riot.

May as well throw Echoes in there as well since we’re going to Rigel and it’s the only game in the series I’ve played besides Awakening and Heroes.

I specifically was naming characters from Marth Emblem games being my favorites, but Est, Palla, Catria, and Camus all show up in Echoes and by extent Gaiden so I suppose FE2 and FE15 characters must also be named.
Official Honey Dakimakura of Smashfaqs
Hi senok, notok, Jedimess, Tinfoil, Cameron, Mace, Merp, Colette, mark, SSP, jkid etc: https://i.imgtc.ws/Hy5HPvb.png
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: jkid101094

jkid101094
6 days ago#82
"Have you heard about the decision by Reggie Fils-Aime to send Miis to assist Altea and Elibe?"

"Of course I have. It was a joint decision between our three kingdoms. The extra troops will come in handy for both attending to the needs of the citizens as well as defending the castle."

"Do you believe an imposter could have stolen the Dark Sphere instead?"

"It's certainly more than possible. That's why I'm choosing to send a small group rather than a large force."

"Do you know anything about Elibian Knight Roy?"

"You mean King Roy of Elibe? Absolutely.", Marth couldn't help but smile as he spoke of his friend. "We go way back. About 18 years if I had to guess."

"What were relations with Ylisse like before this incident?"

"Ylisse has always been kind to the other kingdoms. I'd say it was in good standing with all of them. I've never really gotten to chance to talk King Chrom outside the field of battle, however, so I suppose I can't very much be a judge of his character."

"Do you recall anything about the Masked Warriors, Legion?"

"Though I've never crossed blades with one myself I've heard rumors. Apparently they showed up around the same time as the Insurgence. I feel the two may somehow be connected."

"Are King Mostyn of Talys and the King of Aurelis alive at this current day?"

Caeda perked up at the mention of Mostyn and turned her attention to Mageus. "How is it you know about my father!?"

"He was a great king and an excellent knight. It shouldn't surprise you our allies have heard of him."

"Unfortunately neither King Mostyn nor the King of Aurelis are with us any longer.", said a Jagen with a face as stern as his voice. "May they rest in peace."

"What experience do you have with Hoshido?"

"Though I'm told both Ryoma and Xander are capable leaders and respectable men it's been hard to get so much as to have an audience with either of them. As such, and due in no small part to their bickering, their relationship with most kingdoms has become strained. That includes ours."

"Are there any other notable people we should know of?"

"Many. Far too many for me to name at the moment. I'm sure you'll meeting most of them soon anyway."

"BUT MAAAAAAARS. You didn't forget about us, did you?"

A green haired boy with a bow and a purple haired girl with a tome stepped out from a door on the opposite side of the room.

"Gordin, how many times have I told you not to call me that? My name is Marth. I don't even know where you got Mars from."

"Heh, sorry. I just couldn't resist.", the green haired boy smiled, rubbing the nape of his neck. "Enough about us though. Who are all these guys?"

"Ah yes I suppose introductions are in order."

Marth made quick work of introducing the group to one another. Mageus learned that the energetic green haired boy was apparently named Gordin and that the timid, purple haired tome wielder was named Katarina. In addition the party was also introduced to the posy accompanying Jagen; a self proclaimed hero who wielded a laser axe known as Massimo. The robotic knight aptly named Knight Man. The former champion of the Unova region, Alder and finally the schizophrenic spell caster, Twinrova.

Once introductions were out of the way Jagen make a point to clear his throat as loudly as possible. "Well m'lord? Perhaps it is time to explain our duties."

I'm just here for cute fictional girls and dumb memes. Tag me if you want a reply.
Proud lover of Angel_Arle~

User Info: jkid101094

jkid101094
6 days ago#83
"The twelve of you will be split into the three groups.", Marth began. "The first group, which we'll call Group A, will begin the march with a larger group to the Crimean-Hoshidan border to prepare for our assault. While Crimea itself has chosen to abstain from the war it has allowed anyone to move through it's territory. Once you arrive you will meet up with the Elibian forces as well as the Greil Mercenaries. You will be briefed from there once you arrive.

The second group, Group B, will begin the march to Rigel. Unlike Group A we've arranged convoys that will be able to ferry you to the eastern border of Elibe. Once there you will investigate the disappearance of the Dark Sphere and discover Ylisse's involvement in it. Clive and Matilda will also be returning with this group.

The third and final group will remain here and help defend the castle. With all our forces spread so thin between monsters and The Insurgence we require a few capable hands here at home. Caeda and I will be staying with this group. It is only right."

"But Marth", Gordin began, "how come you're just gonna sit here and hang out? Wouldn't you rather be on the field with the rest of us?"

"Unfortunately I won't let that happen.", Caeda announced smugly. "The king is a symbol of hope for all of Altea. Heck, for all of Archanea! If something happened to him who knows what could happen? I refuse to let it. Marth will stay right here."

Marth let out a sigh. He had talked to Caeda about this several times already. There was no way she was backing down.

"Anyway... as for who's assigned to which groups..."

Marth considered his options:

Mageus
Linebeck
Draug
Jagen
Massimo
Knight Man
Alder (w/ Volcarona, Escavalier and Accelgor.)
Twinrova
Gordin
Katalina

Group A:

Group B
x. Clive
x. Matilda

Group C
x. Marth
x. Caeda
I'm just here for cute fictional girls and dumb memes. Tag me if you want a reply.
Proud lover of Angel_Arle~
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: MrFuzz111

MrFuzz111
6 days ago#84
Some thoughts before thinking too hard about specific teams:
-Mageus should be teamed up with some heavy hitters who can both take advantage of Enlarge and give him good attacks to copy.
-I don’t fully trust Twinrova, we may not want to send her (or is it technically them since they’re two people combined together?) to Rigel in case she’s after the Darksphere.
Not content with cutting popular features from future games, Game Freak has now taken it upon themselves to cut Pokemon from gen 8.
GORDINNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Aww... Caeda's just being overprotective. I suppose I can understand, her father is dead, and Ogma, Barst, Bord, Cord, and Castor are god knows where, maybe also dead, Marth is really all she has left, and she is right, a figurehead is extremely important.

Alright, first things first, based on Marths' comment this is indeed set either not in New Mystery of the Emblem but rather Mystery of the Emblem, if so RIP Michalis, or before the War of Heroes entirely, since he should know about Legion in more detail that or he just let Horace die and plz no which does revitalize my hope for Kleine/Clarisse, which was already present because jkid but still. We need Marth's alimony, dammit.

Also, Katarina is spelled wrong in the party list at the end.

Mageus, Jagen, Draug, Knight Man

Alder, Gordin

Linebeck, Massimo, Katarina, Twinrova
Hi senok, notok, Jedimess, Tinfoil, Cameron, Mace, Merp, Colette, mark, SSP, jkid etc: https://i.imgtc.ws/Hy5HPvb.png

User Info: Crimson_Squid

Crimson_Squid
6 days ago#86
Group A:
1. Mageus
2. Draug
3. Twinrova
4. Massimo

Group B
x. Clive
x. Matilda
1. Jagen
2. Knight Man

Group C
x. Marth
x. Caeda
1. Linebeck
2. Alder
3. Gordin
4. Katalina

Mostly I just want to see Marth deal with Linebeck's bulls***.

But also maybe we can learn some abilities from Twinrova.
Arbiter of Smash Discussion
Switch: 0172-3818-7998
(edited 6 days ago)
As long as:

Twinrova is with Mageus and not Team B.

Linebeck is with Marth.

Mageus can take advantage of his Enlarge ability somehow.

I'm cool with whatever. I don't really know much about Marth's group besides Caeda is Marth's sister and protective of him and apparently Jagen starts out strong at the beginning of their game but ends up weak by the end.
Colette-Brunel posted...
As long as:

Linebeck is with Marth.

I'm cool with whatever. I don't really know much about Marth's group besides Caeda is Marth's sister and protective of him and apparently Jagen starts out strong at the beginning of their game but ends up weak by the end

Correction, Caeda is Marth's wife, Marth's sister is named Elice, pronounced Ellis, not to be confused with Elise which is pronounced like it's spelled and she has nothing to do with any game Marth is in other than one of Leo's servants (Odin, an alias, his real name is Owain, he's Lucina's cousin and Chrom's nephew) being Marth's descendant.

As for Jagen, that is sorta true. Jagen starts the tradition of early game paladins, aptly called Jeigans, Jeigan being the original translation of Jagen. The most common variant of Jeigan and arguably the most useful, are Jeigans who have decent but not amazing base stats, basically every Jeigan except Seth, Frederick, and Titania. Most of the common Jeigans have poor growths, Jagen included, so they won't level many stats, which is good for using them up through the mid to early end game to weaken opponents for other units to get the kill, or to finish of enemies due to their high starting weapon levels (Jagen can use every lance except one at base, and he has okay sword skills as well). Jagen in the original FE1 falls off quick due to how jank that games' balance is, while in the Remake FE11, balance is slightly less jank and also there is a reclassing function that lets him become a healer instead so stats be damned he's useful throughout basically the whole game, especially so since most of the units in Shadow Dragon suck ass, and all of the good ones except Palla, Xane, Tiki, Jake, and Beck, maybe Catria, you all get in the first seven chapters.

Considering the remarks about King Mostyn and the King of Aurelis being deceased, it is likely that Jagen is probably up there in years. During the War of Heroes, AKA Marth's second War, Jagen played the role of tactician and not warrior, so it may be best to keep him off the field, but at the same time his prowess isn't to be ignored despite potentially throwing out his back.
CheerUpCrewcut posted...
Colette-Brunel posted...
As long as:

Linebeck is with Marth.

I'm cool with whatever. I don't really know much about Marth's group besides Caeda is Marth's sister and protective of him and apparently Jagen starts out strong at the beginning of their game but ends up weak by the end

Correction, Caeda is Marth's wife, Marth's sister is named Elice, pronounced Ellis, not to be confused with Elise which is pronounced like it's spelled and she has nothing to do with any game Marth is in other than one of Leo's servants (Odin, an alias, his real name is Owain, he's Lucina's cousin and Chrom's nephew) being Marth's descendant.

As for Jagen, that is sorta true. Jagen starts the tradition of early game paladins, aptly called Jeigans, Jeigan being the original translation of Jagen. The most common variant of Jeigan and arguably the most useful, are Jeigans who have decent but not amazing base stats, basically every Jeigan except Seth, Frederick, and Titania. Most of the common Jeigans have poor growths, Jagen included, so they won't level many stats, which is good for using them up through the mid to early end game to weaken opponents for other units to get the kill, or to finish of enemies due to their high starting weapon levels (Jagen can use every lance except one at base, and he has okay sword skills as well). Jagen in the original FE1 falls off quick due to how jank that games' balance is, while in the Remake FE11, balance is slightly less jank and also there is a reclassing function that lets him become a healer instead so stats be damned he's useful throughout basically the whole game, especially so since most of the units in Shadow Dragon suck ass, and all of the good ones except Palla, Xane, Tiki, Jake, and Beck, maybe Catria, you all get in the first seven chapters.

Considering the remarks about King Mostyn and the King of Aurelis being deceased, it is likely that Jagen is probably up there in years. During the War of Heroes, AKA Marth's second War, Jagen played the role of tactician and not warrior, so it may be best to keep him off the field, but at the same time his prowess isn't to be ignored despite potentially throwing out his back.

I stand corrected; I know less than I thought. Even better reason I shouldn't give advice on this one haha.
Colette-Brunel posted...
I stand corrected; I know less than I thought. Even better reason I shouldn't give advice on this one haha.

Well abilities aside we should consider the tasks at hand. One group is going to war, one group is going on what should be an investigation that if we don't f*** up should probably result in little combat, and one group with the task of defending Marth and Caeda. If that helps your decision any, that should help.

Draug is an armor knight, good at tanking physical attacks, but slow. He's quite large, so he's a giant target for enemy attacks, which is both good and bad.
Gordin is an archer, usually best served for dealing with threats to armor knights (Magical f***ers) and dealing slight amounts of damage to physical units, probably best used for distractions rather than actually harming physical units, at least in the context of a CYOA.
Jagen rides a horse, and is good at dishing out damage but will probably not have a good time taking it.
Katarina is a mage, nuff said, squishy, hurls fire at people, yada yada Also she was raised with Legion in an orphanage turned assassin's guild so she might be a traitor but she is also recruitable in New Mystery after Legion and another person, her adopted sister Kleine/Clarisse, both die. might want to keep an eye on her but she isn't a bad person.

For completionists sake even though we don't have any say in where they're going...

Clive and Matilda both also ride horses and wield lances. Matilda is the better fighter, Clive is... A tactician, I guess. I admit my Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia knowledge isn't the best. I know Matilda is a damn good Paladin, Clive is not as good a Paladin but he led a resistance for a time, before handing the reigns off to Alm, believing morale to be better served under his leadership.
Marth... He has a sword. He probably has Falchion at the moment, which is good against dragons' hides. He might also have a Rapier, which cuts through horses and heavy armor quickly.
Caeda rides atop a Pegasus, and also wields lances. She most likely has her personal weapon, the Wing Spear, which is basically a Rapier but as a Lance.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. CYOA - Olimar's Alimony Sidestories - Part 1: Prayers in Black and White
  • Post New Message