• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. CYOA - Olimar's Alimony Sidestories - Part 1: Prayers in Black and White

User Info: Colette-Brunel

Colette-Brunel
4 weeks ago#161
I was hoping for Mageus and Twinrova at some point myself.

User Info: jkid101094

jkid101094
4 weeks ago#162
Since he's a character that's more or less defined by your actions I always worry when I try writing him without your input. I don't want to try to explain why he is the way he is because I feel that'd ruin his appeal, but I suppose there are other things to explore.
I'm just here for cute fictional girls and dumb memes. Tag me if you want a reply.
Proud lover of Angel_Arle~

User Info: Crimson_Squid

Crimson_Squid
4 weeks ago#163
That's fine, it's your character. and you should do what you want with him. You don't need my input.
Arbiter of Smash Discussion
Switch: 0172-3818-7998

Colette-Brunel
4 weeks ago#164
Indeed. Don't want you to do anything you're uncomfortable with. It should be fun on your end too~

jkid101094
4 weeks ago#165
I'll be nice and give you both Jagen and Knight Man *as well as* Mageus and Twinrova tomorrow. I feel like I could write those.
I'm just here for cute fictional girls and dumb memes. Tag me if you want a reply.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

jkid101094
4 weeks ago#166
Bump for life. I didn't try writing these yesterday because I was too tired but I tried today and it's proven harder than I thought to make it worth reading so this might actually take a little bit more effort than I'm used to. I could post Knight Man and Jagen's as is, for example, but I feel like it'd be a let down.

Anyway sorry it's taking so long. I didn't think I'd be sleeping as much as I have been.

Colette-Brunel
4 weeks ago#167
Bump for life. Take your time.

jkid101094
4 weeks ago#168
Colette-Brunel posted...
Bump for life. Take your time.

Sorry I've just had writer's block for the past few days. I could continue the story it's just these supports that are holding me up.

Thank you for the bump, though.

jkid101094
4 weeks ago#169
"Knight Man. What are you doing?"

"Sire Jagen! My apologies for being up so late! I was simply-"

The two had found themselves back in the chasm. Knight Man had gone first unaware that he was being tailed. Jagen had watched as he meticulously tended to his task.

"That is a grave you've built, is it not?" Jagen nodded toward a small slab that sat upon a pile of soil among all the crag.

"Y-yes... Sir Jagen... I meant only to honor those that we have lost today. I did not mean to cause you any alarm."

"You did no such thing. In fact I find your actions admirable."

"You do?"

"Of course. Only a true knight would give his personal time to honor his comrades. For that you have my utmost respect." Jagen gave Knight Man a salute to which he returned; a sign of mutual respect. "Might I join you in a bit of prayer, Knight Man?"

"Of course, Sir Jagen!"

"Wonderful. Though I think the grave could use a little something...", Jagen pulled a flower from his collar and placed it on the plot of dirt. As the two rejoiced in prayer they could feel they had attained a new level of bond.

Mageus (finding himself unable to sleep) stumbled over to the only still lit tent. Without much concern for it's occupant he peered inside before nonchalantly inviting himself in. He was greeted by two old hags he had never seen before who looked on at him in shock and disgust.

"Why, what a brazen young boar this one is! Wouldn't you say, Koume?"

"Sneaking up on two stunning ladies in the middle of the night! He has gull, Kotake!"

"I think I might just freeze this pervert to the bone!"

"Not if I set his soul aflame first!"

The two let out a set of shrill laughs. Mageus simply cocked his his confusedly, wondering how Twinrova's ugly grandmas had gotten into her tent.

"Ahaha... We only kid, dearie... Right, Koume?"

"Yes. Though it's still rude to barge in uninvited, you know."

The two looked to Mageus who still looked puzzled. Then to each other. Then back to Mageus. "Oh, could it be you were expecting someone a bit more..."

"I think he was expecting Ms Twinrova, Kotake."

"Oh the poor soul. He doesn't know, does he?"

In a merge of hands and a flash of light Koume and Kotake were no more. The woman who stood before Mageus now was once again the great Mage, Twinrova.

"Hahaha... I suppose my secret is revealed to you now. I, the great Twinrova, am a fusion of the witches Koume and Kotake!"

Mageus thought for a moment, wondering how long this could possibly remain a secret if they were so willing to announce it in a crowded camp in the dead of night.

"Now then. You must have had some reason for coming to see me so late at night..."

Mageus explained that he couldn't sleep and was looking for a way to alleviate boredom to which gave him a piercing glare.

"If you seriously came here in the dead of night for that perhaps I should freeze you solid..."

Mageus readied his fire spell in self defense. A poof of fire spewed from his glove before dissipating a few inches out. A warning shot to prove he was deadly.

"Oh right. You're a mage too are you not? And a pitiful one at that. I'd almost actually feel bad about killing something as harmless as you. Like squashing a cockroach."

Mageus withdrew his spell, happy that he had proven he was the superior mage... clearly.

"Sit down. I may as well try and make you useful. Tell me, do you know of the seven basic principles of magic?"

Long into the night Twinrova tutored Mageus on various spells and tomes. By the time the sun had begun to rise Twinrova had fallen asleep using a tome as a pillow. Mageus had however been carelessly shoved to the floor and now lay face down asleep on the rocks. Never the less the two felt they had achieved a new level of bond.

jkid101094
4 weeks ago#170
The following morning the remaining troops gathered what supplies they could carry and the march began anew. From this point forward the cliffs grew ever more winding and treacherous. As the cliffs grew steeper and the trek grew harder it became increasingly more difficult for Jagen to keep up morale. Often Mageus would find himself glancing into the chasm below which seemed to extend as far as the mountains. Monsters had seemingly taken it up as their new home and the end of the circle of life was a more and more common spectacle as the journey drew on.

Eventually the group arrived at a crossroad.

"The path to the left looks safer. It's wider and will allow for all our troops to cross safely. The right path is far too narrow and risky."

"But look at your map, Jagen. The left path will likely lead us further away from Izumo. The right path will keep us on course."

"And so we should exchange about a day for the safety of our men?"

"I'm simply saying-"

Twinrova was interrupted by the sounds of unfamiliar voices coming from the right path. The group remained quit, eager to avoid detection.

"Selkie, my feet are killing me..."

"You're the one that wanted to play in the mountains, Yarne!"

"No I wasn't! That was YOU!"

"Oh right. It was wasn't it?", the voice laughed.

"Mageus, go scout out those two. The right path should support you easily. See if you can get a read on them." Twinrova whispered to Mageus. He complied for the sake of plot progression and because it's 6 in the morning and I want to go to bed. Upon reaching the end of the narrow path Mageus was just in time to witness disaster.

A purple dinosaur-like creature with a mane jumped from higher up onto the foxgirl. It took her off the edge of the cliff with it's weight though she was luckily able to grab the edge. At the bottom of the chasm awaited several more of the same creatures, waiting for their feast to fall.

"Yarne! I don't like this game!"

"Hang on Selkie, I'm co-", the long eared brunette man was interrupted by yet another creature of the same species. It had landed on his stomach, knocking the wind out of him, and pinning him down to the ground.

Mageus looked on in horror knowing he may only have time to save one or the other.

A. Save the foxgirl, Selkie.
B. Save the bunny man, Yarne.

Edit: Sorry about the quality (or lack thereof) of the supports after such a long wait. I just couldn't write them in a way I was happy with so after a dew days of trying and getting distracted I just gave up and s*** something out using my basic ideas. I'm sorry I couldn't do more and I don't think I'll be trying again. Trying to get two characters to have a meaningful conversation is way harder to write than it is to brainstorm.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. CYOA - Olimar's Alimony Sidestories - Part 1: Prayers in Black and White
  • Post New Message