• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. CYOA - Olimar's Alimony Sidestories - Part 1: Prayers in Black and White
jkid101094 posted...
Crimson_Squid posted...
jkid101094 posted...
A wise man once said, "Do not presume."

Do we have one?

If you'd have someone inspect the army you'd find you have several. :P
You also have:
-Mercenaries
-Fighters
-Archers
-Cavaliers
-Thieves
-Armored Knights
-Priests
-Mages

And yes some of those priests have rescue staves.

Any particular characters or are they all just literal generics because if we have any named FE characters amongst this group I'm sacrificing Olimar over a cliff and taking his pamphlets to give to all of them.
Official Honey Dakimakura of Smashfaqs
Hi senok, notok, Jedimess, Tinfoil, Cameron, Mace, Merp, Colette, mark, SSP, jkid etc: https://i.imgtc.ws/Hy5HPvb.png

User Info: Crimson_Squid

Crimson_Squid
5 days ago#112
Well, if that's the case I'd say we can go ahead and sacrifice a Pegasister as bait(and if they actually escape the Rathalos, all the better) while we sneak past.
Arbiter of Smash Discussion
Switch: 0172-3818-7998

User Info: jkid101094

jkid101094
5 days ago#113
CheerUpCrewcut posted...
Any particular characters or are they all just literal generics because if we have any named FE characters amongst this group I'm sacrificing Olimar over a cliff and taking his pamphlets to give to all of them.
Just generics. If there are any named characters I'll introduce them like everyone else.

Crimson_Squid posted...
Well, if that's the case I'd say we can go ahead and sacrifice a Pegasister as bait(and if they actually escape the Rathalos, all the better) while we sneak past.
But the bridge is out.
I'm just here for cute fictional girls and dumb memes. Tag me if you want a reply.
Proud lover of Angel_Arle~

User Info: Crimson_Squid

Crimson_Squid
5 days ago#114
Now I know how you guys feel.
Arbiter of Smash Discussion
Switch: 0172-3818-7998

jkid101094
5 days ago#115
Crimson_Squid posted...
At least I've accomplished something.
I'm just here for cute fictional girls and dumb memes. Tag me if you want a reply.
Okay at the moment I'm sold on impaling Rathalos with like the fork or something, then Enlargening it. Alternatively putting the mushrooms on it, tossing it at Rathalos, then Enlargening it.
Hi senok, notok, Jedimess, Tinfoil, Cameron, Mace, Merp, Colette, mark, SSP, jkid etc: https://i.imgtc.ws/Hy5HPvb.png
Please do character supports. I was going to implement a similar concept if I ever grew the confidence to try my hand at a CYOA actually. I think the system has real potential.

Crimson_Squid posted...

Indeed.

What about Twinrova's Frost Terrain? Does anybody think it would hold up long enough to get some people across it? Probably not wise of me, but if it's terrain I think we should be able to walk across it in theory imo.

I guess if we wanted we could trick Rathalos to get it on the Frost Terrain and then use Volcanic Terrain to have it fall to its doom too...
(edited 5 days ago)
Colette-Brunel posted...
Please do character supports. I was going to implement a similar concept if I ever grew the confidence to try my hand at a CYOA actually. I think the system has real potential.

Crimson_Squid posted...

Indeed.

What about Twinrova's Frost Terrain? Does anybody think it would hold up long enough to get some people across it? Probably not wise of me, but if it's terrain I think we should be able to walk across it in theory imo.

I guess if we wanted we could trick Rathalos to get it on the Frost Terrain and then use Volcanic Terrain to have it fall to its doom too...

It can just fly, we'd need to throw off its' balance first. Maybe with... I dunno... Enlarge Weapon is all I can think of.

jkid101094
5 days ago#119
The idea with the Terrain moves is that they're supposed to work like these:
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Misty_Terrain_(move)

Morphing the surrounding terrain rather than creating new land.
I will allow you to create an bridge of ice using Ice Beam, however.

jkid101094
4 days ago#120
x. Do nothing.

Monita perked up from Mageus' hand. "If I may make a suggestion, Sir Jagen.", she said. "You seem to have the tools you need available to you."

"What on Earth is that!?" Jagen inquired, inspecting the phone, "And how can it speak?"

"I'm Monita OS, Mage's virtual assistant. I serve as his guide and knowledge base."

"Well it seems you have an idea. Out with it."

"This Rathalos is quite strange, is it not? Waiting to ambush it's prey rather than hunting it down."

"What's your point?" Twinrova rolled her eyes at Monita for repeating what she had said earlier.

"Well let's break the situation down into what we know. We need to get our troops from this side of the chasm to the other. The bridge is out and below us is a hungry monster. It also has an odd style of hunting which could imply several things. Sir Jagen, were you to guess, why would that be?"

"Well I suppose it could be hunting this way due to an injury."

"There's also the possibility that it is simply too young and was raised apart from it's parents.", added Twinrova.

"Is that even possible!?"

"Yes, actually. There are two sides to every coin as you know. If one side was monster hunters, people who slay monsters out of fear, then the other would be monster riders. People that raise and domesticate them."

"I had no idea such a thing was even possible..."

"Well said, Twinrova.", Monita perked up again. "Of course these are only theories."

"Still I fail to see how this gets us across the chasm."

"Sir Jangen look to your troops. Think about possible modes of transport. Remember that weapon durability is not an issue here."

"Hmm..." Jagen furrowed his brow, deep in thought. "We have Pegasus Knights, but sending one across the chasm will just get it mauled by the beast. And assuming we do get it over the chasm. That doesn't directly help us any."

"Then perhaps the Pegasus Knight alone is not the answer.", Monita suggested. "Perhaps it will require a combination of both units and actions."

"Sir Jagen!", a Pegasus Knight galloped forward. "If it would help I believe I could pair-up with another unit by allowing them a seat on my pegasus."

"Perhaps...", though Jagen, "But there is still the issue of the Rathalos..."

"It may help to tackle the issue in small chunks, Sir Jagen. Our first priority should be the Rathalos."

Jagen considered his options:

A. "I have a plan!" (Write-In)
B. "I'm stumped." (Have Monita do it.)

Party
1. Mageus Lastnameus (Mage)
1a. Fire
1b. Thunder
1c. Enlarge Weapon
1d. Reflect
1H: Rock N Roll Helmet - Rechargeable E-Tank (s)
1B: Rock N Roll Armor - Mimic Ability
1W: Rock N Roll Buster - Charge Shot

2. Jagen
2a. Iron Sword
2b. Silver Lance
2c. Javelin
2d. Trample

3. Knight Man
3a. Knight Crusher
3b. Shield Throw
3c. High Jump
3d. Reflect
3e. Counter

4. Twinrova
4a. Flame Beam
4b. Ice Beam
4c. Volcanic Terrain
4d. Frost Terrain
4e. Split (Creates Koume and Kotake)

Inventory
Mage's Wand
Bloodied Fork
Rock N Roll Gear Set
Party Phil Gear Set
Dried Shroom x3
Fish Sticks x3
Candy x60
Small Bullion x1
SmartPhone?
-Sa. Take Photo
-Sb. Record Video
-Sc. Call Someone
-Sd. Download Apps
-Se. Switch Monita OS to OFF
(edited 4 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. CYOA - Olimar's Alimony Sidestories - Part 1: Prayers in Black and White
  • Post New Message