• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. CYOA - Olimar's Alimony Sidestories - Part 1: Prayers in Black and White

User Info: jkid101094

jkid101094
6 days ago#101
"Cowards.", Jagen murmured. Rathalos had finished off it's catch at the floor of the chasm and gulped it down with glee. It then readied itself for whatever was next to fly into it's territory.

"Sir Jagen, I've read about the Rathalos in my studies. This one's feeding habits are highly unusual for it's species." Twinrova stood stoically, arms crossed, seeming unphased by what had transpired. "Rathalos is a born predator. Ambush tactics are very out of it's norm."

"Then how do you suppose we tackle this situation? Anyone we send to the other side will be ambushed and fighting that thing would risk far too many casualties."

"I agree that our best bet is to avoid it, but we still need to cross the chasm."

The party looked around. At the other end of the chasm was a small camp though their end was nothing but crag and rock formations. The stone bridge had collapsed most of the way however some remained jutting out from the cliffs where it once sat.

"It seems that village is our best bet, but I cannot fathom how we would get to the other side without a distraction..."

Jagen formulated a plan...

Party
1. Mageus Lastnameus (Mage)
1a. Fire
1b. Thunder
1c. Enlarge Weapon
1d. Reflect
1H: Rock N Roll Helmet - Rechargeable E-Tank (s)
1B: Rock N Roll Armor - Mimic Ability
1W: Rock N Roll Buster - Charge Shot

2. Jagen
2a. Iron Sword
2b. Silver Lance
2c. Javelin
2d. Trample

3. Knight Man
3a. Knight Crusher
3b. Shield Throw
3c. High Jump
3d. Reflect
3e. Counter

4. Twinrova
4a. Flame Beam
4b. Ice Beam
4c. Volcanic Terrain
4d. Frost Terrain
4e. Split (Creates Koume and Kotake)

Inventory
Mage's Wand
Bloodied Fork
Rock N Roll Gear Set
Party Phil Gear Set
Dried Shroom x3
Fish Sticks x3
Candy x60
Small Bullion x1
SmartPhone?
-Sa. Take Photo
-Sb. Record Video
-Sc. Call Someone
-Sd. Download Apps
-Se. Switch Monita OS to OFF
I'm just here for cute fictional girls and dumb memes. Tag me if you want a reply.
Proud lover of Angel_Arle~
Let's bet which 'random generic' Rathalos just killed, as well as whoever just tumbled into that chasm when Jagen halted the army.

Lively Pegasus, eh... Karin? Est? Farina? Thany/Shanna? Fee? Femina/Hermina? Probably not Karin, she ain't stupid enough of a cookie, I don't think the description really fits Hermina, and I doubt Est would just die like that. Fee, Farina, or Thany. Probably Thany because she's my favorite.

The soldier is easier to figure out. Probably Matthis because everyone who isn't me hates him, because all of my favorite random Fire Emblem characters wil inevitably die. I mean it could be Vyland or Roberto or Leiden or whoever who would also suck, or it could be like Kain or Alba or Robert from Thracia 776, and... Even I couldn't defend them, they have one line of dialogue a piece, it's a two word death quote for each of them, and they all have bare bones endings comparable to the ones from FE1 where everyone went to repair villages.

Mageus will enlargen the bloody fork, stick the dried mushrooms on it, and we'll try and toss it to another area of the chasm. Hopefully Rathalos likes Goomba.

Wish we had some meat... Uh... Do we have any donors willing to sacrifice arms for our cause?
Official Honey Dakimakura of Smashfaqs
Hi senok, notok, Jedimess, Tinfoil, Cameron, Mace, Merp, Colette, mark, SSP, jkid etc: https://i.imgtc.ws/Hy5HPvb.png

jkid101094
6 days ago#103
CheerUpCrewcut posted...
Let's bet which 'random generic' Rathalos just killed, as well as whoever just tumbled into that chasm when Jagen halted the army.
That later part didn't actually happen but I love the idea and I'm retconning it into existence.
I'm just here for cute fictional girls and dumb memes. Tag me if you want a reply.
Is there a limit on how far away Koume and Kotake can be from each other to merge back together into Twinrova? And if they can be notably split away from each other, can they choose whether they'd rather be where Koume or Kotake once stood once fused back together?

jkid101094
5 days ago#105
Colette-Brunel posted...
Is there a limit on how far away Koume and Kotake can be from each other to merge back together into Twinrova? And if they can be notably split away from each other, can they choose whether they'd rather be where Koume or Kotake once stood once fused back together?

They have to be besides each other to fuse.

Also two things I'd like to bring up: the first being while I don't always know where the story is going to go for puzzles like this I like to not give you guys all the pieces you need. This is both so I can adapt things more freely and to promote creative thinking in you guys. As a hint for this try asking yourselves: if the abilities your party have can't accomplish your goal, what would you need? And could that thing possibly be in the nearby area?

The second is that I have an idea of how I could work in character supports. It'll give us something to do when the groups have to inevitably retire for a night. I want to know if this is something you'd be interested in before I get too excited about it, though.

User Info: Crimson_Squid

Crimson_Squid
5 days ago#106
My inclination is to sacrifice some Pegasus user but we don’t have one.
Arbiter of Smash Discussion
Switch: 0172-3818-7998
jkid101094 posted...
Colette-Brunel posted...

They have to be besides each other to fuse.

Also two things I'd like to bring up: the first being while I don't always know where the story is going to go for puzzles like this I like to not give you guys all the pieces you need. This is both so I can adapt things more freely and to promote creative thinking in you guys. As a hint for this try asking yourselves: if the abilities your party have can't accomplish your goal, what would you need? And could that thing possibly be in the nearby area?

The second is that I have an idea of how I could work in character supports. It'll give us something to do when the groups have to inevitably retire for a night. I want to know if this is something you'd be interested in before I get too excited about it, though.

I would kill for Jagen support conversations with literally anyone, yes please.

Anyway, that seems to imply we should check around. Let's send Mageus around the nearby area, I guess? Or maybe Jagen can look through the soldiers we have.

Another idea is to try and stick a weapon into Rathalos and then Enlarge it, I suppose.
Official Honey Dakimakura of Smashfaqs
Hi senok, notok, Jedimess, Tinfoil, Cameron, Mace, Merp, Colette, mark, SSP, jkid etc: https://i.imgtc.ws/Hy5HPvb.png
(edited 5 days ago)

jkid101094
5 days ago#108
Crimson_Squid posted...
My inclination is to sacrifice some Pegasus user but we don’t have one.

A wise man once said, "Do not presume."

User Info: Crimson_Squid

Crimson_Squid
5 days ago#109
jkid101094 posted...

Do we have one?
Arbiter of Smash Discussion
Switch: 0172-3818-7998

jkid101094
5 days ago#110
Crimson_Squid posted...
jkid101094 posted...

Do we have one?

If you'd have someone inspect the army you'd find you have several. :P
You also have:
-Mercenaries
-Fighters
-Archers
-Cavaliers
-Thieves
-Armored Knights
-Priests
-Mages

And yes some of those priests have rescue staves.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. CYOA - Olimar's Alimony Sidestories - Part 1: Prayers in Black and White
  • Post New Message