• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. CYOA - Olimar's Alimony Sidestories - Part 1: Prayers in Black and White

User Info: MrFuzz111

MrFuzz111
2 weeks ago#11
A.
“You know, dropping other people off to go fight in a war without you isn’t going to help that problem you have with rumors about a kid in green.”
Not content with cutting popular features from future games, Game Freak has now taken it upon themselves to cut Pokemon from gen 8.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Colette-Brunel

Colette-Brunel
2 weeks ago#12
Thanks jkid!

MrFuzz111 posted...
A.
“You know, dropping other people off to go fight in a war without you isn’t going to help that problem you have with rumors about a kid in green.”

I was trying to think of a reason for him to stay. That just might do it.

User Info: jkid101094

jkid101094
2 weeks ago#13
A. What you said.

Linebeck stammered for a moment trying to find a suitable rebuttal, but after a moment he gave up and simply resigned to a sigh. "OK fine. I'll come with. But you're to protect me at all costs. Understood?"

It took about a half hour for the pair to trek back to the port town. By the time they got there many of the ships had emptied their cargo and left. Linebeck lamented at all the open docking space.

"You know maybe I should head back and get the sh-"

"Oh wow! Is that the real Captain Linebeck? In the flesh?"

A portly, armor plated man with green hair waddled up to the pair and began to eye them both over.

"Uh... and who exactly are you?", Linebeck queried.

"Oh, excuse my rudeness Captain Linebeck sir! I'm Draug! It's a pleasure to finally meet you!"

"Well is that so? Well it's always a pleasure to meet a fan.", Linebeck pushed past Draug. "Come on, Mageus. Let's go see what we're supposed to do here."

"Oh! Captain Linebeck! Are you helping with the war effort as well? I'm sure we'd clean up quickly with a legendary hero like you at our side!"

"Yeah. Something like that...", Linebeck shot a glance at Mageus.

"Well I've been pointing Miis in the right direction all day! If you don't mind I'd be happy to take you where you need to go!"

"Uh I'd rather no-"

"Sounds good, let's go.", Mageus interjected, interrupting Linebeck. Linebeck glanced at Mageus with scorn. Mageus cockily smiled back.

"Well great! Come on. I know this path through the woods that'll get us there in no time at all!"

Two full hours of hiking later and the castle was still nowhere in sight. Linebeck was sweating as he trekked behind Mageus and Draug, who somehow was not slowed even in his heavy armor. Eventually the group came upon a clearing near a stream and decided to rest.

"How much further are we to walk? My footsores are getting footsores!"

"Uh... well by my estimation the capital can't be too much farther... Maybe about a day or two..."

"A day!? You expect us to hike for an entire day without any sort of food or shelter!?", Linebeck shouted, fuming.

"Sure, why not? I do it all the time. Though I did pack these.", Draug presented a linen sack tied wth string. Upon opening it the group was presented with three homemade rice balls. "There's enough for each of us."

"Oh thank you! Thank you!", Linebeck scoffed one down without hesitation. Mageus followed suit.

"AYYYEEEEEEEEEE!"

Suddenly the sounds of screams permeated the forest. The group looked around for the source but saw nothing. That is, until a Mii burst from the bush pursed bu a gaggle of bandits.

"Hey! That guy is in trouble! Let's go, team!", Draug stood and readied his weapon.

"Err... I think I'd rather not.", replied Linebeck.

Mageus considered his options.

A. Attack! (You know the drill.)
B. Sit this one out.

Party
1. Mageus Lastnameus (Mage)
1a. Fire
1b. Thunder
1c. Enlarge Weapon
1d. Reflect
1H: Rock N Roll Helmet - Rechargeable E-Tank (s)
1B: Rock N Roll Armor - Mimic Ability
1W: Rock N Roll Buster - Charge Shot

2. Linebeck
2a. Phantom Sword
2b. Shield
2c. Boomerang
2d. Grappling Hook
2e. Shovel

3. Draug
3a. Spear
3b. Javlin
3c. Body Check
3d. Human Shield
3e. Buckler

Inventory
Mage's Wand
Bloodied Fork
Rock N Roll Gear Set
Party Phil Gear Set
Dried Shroom x3
Fish Sticks x3
Reclass Ticket: Pop-Star
Candy x60
Small Bullion x1
I'm just here for cute fictional girls and dumb memes. Tag me if you want a reply.
Proud lover of Angel_Arle~
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Colette-Brunel

Colette-Brunel
2 weeks ago#14
A.

Have Linebeck use his Grappling Hook on the Mii so he can get to us quicker.

Have the Mii stay behind Draug so he can Human Shield as needed. This turn though have him throw a javelin.

Gonna test the mimic ability by having Mageus throw a spear too. If I misunderstand how this works, have him use Thunder. I advise not using Fire here because we might set the forest on fire.

User Info: CheerUpCrewcut

CheerUpCrewcut
2 weeks ago#15
Draug!!! He's never been one of my favorites, but I welcome him aboard, for now, anyway, sadly I doubt this'll stick, but if we do get to keep him I'll be glad. His name is Guard backwards. He was one of the best parts of Not Enough Fire Emblem on the Forums/Aritian Man, not to mention being pretty entertaining in the OVA.

My vote is to help this Mii, but we should consider some things first.

Bandits usually wield axes, which are good against lances, bad against swords. Draug isn't a particular fast man, being an armor knight and all, Javelin (Or as it's spelled here, Javlin)'s aren't particularly strong, not in Archanea anyway, and aren't very good at hitting compared to other weapons. I assume 'Spear' isn't actually 'Spear' and is just like an Iron or Steel Lance or something like that.

Give me a moment to look up Draug's skills I don't pay attention to 90% of skill names I just assume if I'm fighting Ophelia or Nowi I'm gonna get killed.

I don't think Body Check is an actual skill, as for Buckler it increases Defense for a turn but has a cooldown of like 3 or 4 turns. I have no idea how much of that will translate into battle, but still.

I doubt we need to properly worry about all of these Fire Emblem things but we might want to keep them in mind. Oh boy I just realized we might meet like Wade or something at some point, I adore Wade but god him hitting something is never going to happen why are Sword of Seals axes so bad.

With that out of the way, I think Colette's ideas are good ones. While Javelin's aren't the greatest the bandits are probably distracted.
Official Honey Dakimakura of Smashfaqs
Hi senok, notok, Jedimess, Tinfoil, Cameron, Mace, Merp, Colette, mark, SSP, jkid etc: https://i.imgtc.ws/Hy5HPvb.png

jkid101094
2 weeks ago#16
@CheerUpCrewcut remember this isn't the Archanea games wholesale. You don't have to worry about stats and things like that. Weapon triangle doesn't exist here, for example.

Javlin is a misspelling because I am a dumb and spear is a mislabel. Thank you for calling me out.

Body Check is not an actual skill. I wanted to give Draug something he couldn't do in the games. A check is when you basically throw your body into someone. Think hockey.

Anyway update later when I'm more awake. I sleep a lot.
I'm just here for cute fictional girls and dumb memes. Tag me if you want a reply.

User Info: Crimson_Squid

Crimson_Squid
2 weeks ago#17
Colette-Brunel posted...
A.

Have Linebeck use his Grappling Hook on the Mii so he can get to us quicker.

Have the Mii stay behind Draug so he can Human Shield as needed. This turn though have him throw a javelin.

Gonna test the mimic ability by having Mageus throw a spear too. If I misunderstand how this works, have him use Thunder. I advise not using Fire here because we might set the forest on fire.

Arbiter of Smash Discussion
Switch: 0172-3818-7998

CheerUpCrewcut
2 weeks ago#18
jkid101094 posted...
CheerUpCrewcut remember this isn't the Archanea games wholesale. You don't have to worry about stats and things like that. Weapon triangle doesn't exist here, for example.

Javlin is a misspelling because I am a dumb and spear is a mislabel. Thank you for calling me out.

Body Check is not an actual skill. I wanted to give Draug something he couldn't do in the games. A check is when you basically throw your body into someone. Think hockey.

Anyway update later when I'm more awake. I sleep a lot.

I suppose weapons triangle is a fair assessment, but a Javelin seems like it would be kind of weak regardless, and a bit hard to hit.

I don't know how Hockey works at all but Body Check seems like an interesting tool, fitting for somebody like Draug.
Hi senok, notok, Jedimess, Tinfoil, Cameron, Mace, Merp, Colette, mark, SSP, jkid etc: https://i.imgtc.ws/Hy5HPvb.png

jkid101094
2 weeks ago#19
A. Attack!

"Hey Captain Linebeck! Use your amazing Grappling Hook technique to pull that Mii over here!"

Without moving from his spot on the ground Linebeck aimed the Grappling Hook at the Mii and flung it forward. It managed to travel a great distance before it reached the end of the line. Thankfully this was just far enough to latch onto the Miis color. Draug watched in horror as the Mii was pulled to the dirt and dragged across the forest floor by Linebeck.

"Are you OK?", Draug asked when the Mii had gotten close enough.

"I think my eyes have splinters...", the Mii replied.

Draug marched in front of the Mii and splayed out his arms in an effort to protect it from any incoming attacks.

Mageus activated his armor skill to preform Mimic Ability on Draug. He found himself doing the same motion, arms splayed, for no apparent reason.

The bandits turned their attention to the group and emerged from the trees. The group could now see that there were three of them. Two axe wielders and one sword wielder. While the axe and sword wielder on either side were nothing of note the man in the middle stood tall above them. He wore a menacing oni's mask and armor with spikes on the shoulders.

"We don't appreciate interference from you goody two-shoes vigilantes.", Said one bandit.

"Yeah. We were gonna shake that guy down for everything he had. He's a merchant, ya know. And we like merchants.", replied the other.

The stoic bandit remained silent.

"Ya know it really annoys the crap out of us when people get in our way."

"I guess this means we're going to have to teach you a little lesson..."

"Who are you... to speak for we?", muttered the larger bandit.

"Huh?"

"We need not you to speak for us... We... are not you... We...", the bandit spun his axe in a circle, lopping off not only the heads of the two other bandits but cutting down some close by trees in the process. "...are Legion!", with a might roar. Legion readied his bloody axe.

Mini-Boss: Legion
https://i.imgtc.ws/qx6vw4l.png
"A warrior of dubious origin. It exists as part as a larger hive mind. It is said that where one falls several more will take it's place."

x. Write in what to do.

Party
1. Mageus Lastnameus (Mage)
1a. Fire
1b. Thunder
1c. Enlarge Weapon
1d. Reflect
1H: Rock N Roll Helmet - Rechargeable E-Tank (s)
1B: Rock N Roll Armor - Mimic Ability
1W: Rock N Roll Buster - Charge Shot

2. Linebeck
2a. Phantom Sword
2b. Shield
2c. Boomerang
2d. Grappling Hook
2e. Shovel

3. Draug
3a. Iron Lance
3b. Javelin
3c. Body Check
3d. Human Shield
3e. Buckler

Inventory
Mage's Wand
Bloodied Fork
Rock N Roll Gear Set
Party Phil Gear Set
Dried Shroom x3
Fish Sticks x3
Reclass Ticket: Pop-Star
Candy x60
Small Bullion x1
(edited 2 weeks ago)

CheerUpCrewcut
2 weeks ago#20
My boy Roro in the house, f*** yeah!!!

So, Legion/Roro over here has the gimmick of being one of many. There are a bunch of Legion's, which based on the description, we'll be fighting soon. One of them is the leader Legion, and the others will probably flee if we kill him. Although, this could be set after the War of Heroes, so maybe all of the other Legion are dead. If not, we'll be recruiting Kleine/Clarisse I guarantee.

Draug should be decently skilled with a sword, so if we can grab the sword off the dead bandit, maybe we can use it. If not, Linebeck, maybe, could duel wield or something. The axe might also be useful for something, but we shouldn't focus on it.

Maybe we can try and Enlarge his weapon or something, make it hard for him to swing. I don't think this would work super well, considering how big he is, but it might throw off his aim for a turn as he adjusts to the new size.

Linebeck, if not grabbing the sword on the ground, can dig a hole, I guess. Maybe we can try and trip him, then try and take his weapon away or do some damage.

I'm unsure of how Buckler would work here, but I'll assume we can use Buckler now. If so, let's try that, I guess.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. CYOA - Olimar's Alimony Sidestories - Part 1: Prayers in Black and White
  • Post New Message