• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Aren't FE16 Axe girl, Tracer, 2B, Rex/Pyra, Astral Chain and Spring man too new?

User Info: PamPam5

PamPam5
4 weeks ago#21
Slime posted...
where exactly does it say characters have to have an extensive legacy in order to be in smash? clearly it has never worked that way even during the 64 era

also

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78020363

tc you should answer my question here since it's obvious that you've barely touched the series

Characters should have a legacy to join smash.

DQ11 and Joker are examples of characters that have no place in smash.

User Info: Slime

Slime
4 weeks ago#22
PamPam5 posted...
Characters should have a legacy to join smash.

DQ11 and Joker are examples of characters that have no place in smash.

according to who?
A Slime draws near! Command?

User Info: Raiu

Raiu
4 weeks ago#23
PamPam5 posted...
My point is when Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Xenoblade 2, Nier Automata, Overwatch, ARMS are 20 years old, then maybe it's the time they should start getting requested, but for now they have no legacy.

At the time of SSB 64, Pikachu and Jigglypuff were only three years old, Ness was only five, Fox six, Kirby seven, Yoshi eight, Captain Falcon nine, Samus and Link thirteen, Luigi sixteen, and Mario and DK eighteen. Not a single one of them was over twenty years old, and a full quarter of the cast had existed for five years or less.

At the time of SSB Melee, Peach and Bowser were only fifteen years old, Dr. Mario and Marth only eleven, Ice Climbers sixteen, Mewtwo five, Pichu two, Roy zero (his game wasn't out yet when SSBM released)... and I'm not going to list them all for every game, you get the idea.

Smash Bros has always been as much about promoting new games as it has been about having decades-old "legacy". (And I don't think that word means what you think it means)

The only character who could be remotely said to be over twenty years old when added to the series was Mr. Game and Watch (and he's not even an actual character from the old G&W handhelds, but an amalgamation of all their different nameless heroes; he barely resembles most of them).

So where did you get this "a character must be over 20 years old to be added to Smash" idea from?
-Raiutaryuu-

User Info: Kirbulant

Kirbulant
4 weeks ago#24
Because nostalgia isn't the only factor, you fossil
The Keeper of Reaction Images
Firm supporter of: Bandana Dee, Axel Stone, Gallade, and Steve

User Info: PamPam5

PamPam5
4 weeks ago#25
Kirbulant posted...

Legacy =/= Nostalgia.

Terry and Banjo had Legacy, DQ11 Hero and Joker doesn't.

User Info: Kirbulant

Kirbulant
4 weeks ago#26
PamPam5 posted...
Kirbulant posted...

Legacy =/= Nostalgia.

Terry and Banjo had Legacy, DQ11 Hero and Joker doesn't.

What exactly was Banjo's legacy? Being a good game 2 decades ago?
The Keeper of Reaction Images
Firm supporter of: Bandana Dee, Axel Stone, Gallade, and Steve

User Info: NinoTheSage

NinoTheSage
4 weeks ago#27
"Should" is a magic word that can be applied to any user-made rule without needing to justify it.

Apparantly, Sakurai and Nintendo doesn't agree with the "legacy only" statement, and the opinions of a single GameFaqs user doesn't amount to much in the greater scale. So, people are free to support such characters without worrying about conforming to arbitrary GameFaqs user rules.

User Info: Slime

Slime
4 weeks ago#28
I noticed that TC refuses to answer my questions in every topic he makes
A Slime draws near! Command?

User Info: CrazedCavalier

CrazedCavalier
4 weeks ago#29
guydude21 posted...
PamPam5 posted...
None of them deserve to be in the roster.

Splatoon is a brand new ip.

Dragon Quest is a 30 year old franchise...that doesn't mean DQXI should get a rep, the game itself has 0 legacy, it came out 2 years ago.

Persona about the same as DQ, SMT has a legacy but Persona 5 is just 3 years old it doesn't have a legacy.
ok boomer
"Something deep inside, keeping me alive/Fusing into the unknown, losing my own control"
--Dark Hero

User Info: guystarwind

guystarwind
4 weeks ago#30
There are several characters in Smash with no "legacy", yet here they are.
Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Aren't FE16 Axe girl, Tracer, 2B, Rex/Pyra, Astral Chain and Spring man too new?
  • Topic Archived