• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Do you like the characters from Smash Flash 2 that are not yet in Ultimate?

User Info: Chaos-15

Chaos-15
4 weeks ago#41
TheAbyss posted...
Nope it's ruined by the presence of the non video game characters that obviously don't belong.

I refuse to touch that game for that reason alone.

It's fan game. It should not be limeted by thing such a integrity.
Accept Madoka as your new God.

User Info: Twirlerena

Twirlerena
4 weeks ago#42
ExpendableRound posted...
Here come the trolls saying it’s better than Sma5h all because of Waluigi.

Ssf2 > Ultimate
Waluigi supporter. A member of the WAHrriors!

User Info: JigglySmash

JigglySmash
4 weeks ago#43
Chaos-15 posted...
@Zakawer3 posted...
Have never played SSF2 at all (and likely won't), but the roster is kinda lackluster, and needs a few more characters in it. Diddy Kong, King K. Rool, Sheik (assuming that Zelda isn't Zelda/Sheik), Mewtwo, Charizard, Ganondorf, Toon Link, King Dedede, Wolf, either Roy or Ike, Ridley, Lucas, Snake and Banjo & Kazooie seem like the most glaring omissions from the roster to me.

I mean. It is still on Beta.
This pic is not even the current full roster. It is missing Krytsal, Walugi, Simon, Rayman, and Pichu. And I'm pretty sure I'm fotgetting someone.

Ryu and Lucario

Also Sandbag
Finished (100%): KH1, Re:CoM, KH2, 358/2 Days, BBS, Re:coded, KHx
Working on: KHUx

User Info: Camc10

Camc10
4 weeks ago#44
Zakawer3 posted...
Have never played SSF2 at all (and likely won't), but the roster is kinda lackluster, and needs a few more characters in it. Diddy Kong, King K. Rool, Sheik (assuming that Zelda isn't Zelda/Sheik), Mewtwo, Charizard, Ganondorf, Toon Link, King Dedede, Wolf, either Roy or Ike, Ridley, Lucas, Snake and Banjo & Kazooie seem like the most glaring omissions from the roster to me.

I've seen a lot of people say the opposite, saying Flash 2 needs more new and fresh characters that haven't appeared in official Smash games. Also Zelda is Zelda/Sheik. If you're wondering why it's the transformation, the game has been in dev since Brawl.
https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/profile/Cam10_84
https://psnprofiles.com/Cam10__84

User Info: AarturoSc

AarturoSc
4 weeks ago#45
No and it serves as an example of what you get when you don't have a vision of what the crossover is about and instead just add characters from all over the place. A cheap MUGEN game with random stuff.
Simba hangs himself in the bootleg Lion King 5 game over screen.
Yeeh!

User Info: kirbyakaZ

kirbyakaZ
4 weeks ago#46
Having played quite a bit of Smash Flash 2, I absolutely love what they did with Black Mage's smash attacks. It's very unique and I wholeheartedly hope some mage character in Ultimate gets the same treatment.
<("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)
Kirby Dance

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
4 weeks ago#47
AarturoSc posted...
No and it serves as an example of what you get when you don't have a vision of what the crossover is about and instead just add characters from all over the place. A cheap MUGEN game with random stuff.
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde/Seth/Linne team (BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle), Goku SS/Vegeta SS (FZ).

User Info: ThePirateEli

ThePirateEli
4 weeks ago#48
I don't advocate for Goku to be added to the actual series, but I enjoy playing SSF Goku.
--
-

User Info: Chaos-15

Chaos-15
4 weeks ago#49
AarturoSc posted...

https://i.imgtc.ws/QdLnjDG.jpg

Also implying that Smash hasn't reached MUGEN level already.
Accept Madoka as your new God.

User Info: l33t_iRk3n_Rm33

l33t_iRk3n_Rm33
4 weeks ago#50
I don’t and never will understand the perspective that SSF2 doing things the regular Smash never would is a bad thing. What’s the point of a fangame that just does exactly what the real Smash does?

SSF2 doesn’t have shareholders or hype culture to cater to, which grants it all sorts of creative freedom. They can add Goku and still go right back to adding Bandana Dee, knowing that both characters appeal to people and can be fun to play as despite one of them clearly having more popularity overall. Meanwhile Nintendo still hasn’t shown any sign of climbing back up the slippery slope they started sliding down with Joker, and if they ever do add Goku, you can kiss your favorite video game character’s chances goodbye forever, first party or not.

Look at it this way. Where else can you play a competently made platform fighter featuring Ichigo Kurosaki and Rayman? Nowhere else, that’s where. To be honest, I find the announcements of characters already in the real Smash far less interesting than that of those who weren’t, which makes it a bit unfortunate that Simon was revealed while MG was also developing him, lol.

If I made a Smash game, it would consist entirely of characters not in Smash at the time they were developed, with the occasional character who is in the real Smash but with their movesets changed beyond recognition. Anything Smash has already done, it’s doing better than I can; it’s just a question of what I’m willing to do that Nintendo is not.

The point of a fangame isn’t to just make the real thing but uglier but free. The point is to take the idea given by such a fantastic game and do something distinct with it. That’s what SSF2 accomplishes with its roster of both wacky impossible characters and popular first party requests.
Supporting Ashley for Smash til the day I die. Or the day she's added. So basically the day I die.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Do you like the characters from Smash Flash 2 that are not yet in Ultimate?
  • Topic Archived