• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Who would win: Ike vs Palutena

User Info: NinoTheSage

NinoTheSage
4 weeks ago#41
JoseJGC posted...
Ok, I think you are right.
Palutena is basically a glass cannon, because you can hurt her and even kill her even if you are not a god, but her offensive powers are a bit too much for a human. I played KIU many years ago, so, I forgot a lot of things about that game.
There was a full chapter devoted to obtaining an eons-old artifact, the Lightning Chariot, just to pierce through that super barrier she put around her domain that not even Viridi could break through. Pit couldn't even touch her otherwise.

I think she's plenty tanky.

Plus, it wasn't just Pit at the time. It's Pit armed with Viridi's arsenal and helped by Viridi herself. It's not unthinkable to assume that Viridi's powers are comparable to hers (super barrier aside).

She's weaker than end game Hades, though that was also Hades after he's been powering up on human souls for a long time, so it's probably expected.

User Info: Nonoyura

Nonoyura
4 weeks ago#42
NinoTheSage posted...
JoseJGC posted...
Ok, I think you are right.
Palutena is basically a glass cannon, because you can hurt her and even kill her even if you are not a god, but her offensive powers are a bit too much for a human. I played KIU many years ago, so, I forgot a lot of things about that game.
There was a full chapter devoted to obtaining an eons-old artifact, the Lightning Chariot, just to pierce through that super barrier she put around her domain that not even Viridi could break through. Pit couldn't even touch her otherwise.

I think she's plenty tanky.

Plus, it wasn't just Pit at the time. It's Pit armed with Viridi's arsenal and helped by Viridi herself. It's not unthinkable to assume that Viridi's powers are comparable to hers (super barrier aside).

She's weaker than end game Hades, though that was also Hades after he's been powering up on human souls for a long time, so it's probably expected.

Not to mention everyone is saying she was weak in her fight while being controlled, but there are some key things here:

1) She was basically held hostage by the Chaos Kin for a LONG time that it basically draines her over time. We can see such when she makes her appearance prior to the fight against her in Uprising, she could hardly walk and had to uae her powers to move around. And in the battle itself..

1a) The Chaos Kin's hold in her drained her power and thus her powers were predictable and easy to defend against, lacking in their presumed speed and lethality had she been in prime shape and poise.

1b) Assuming she still had potent control of her power in her will tug o'war with the CK, her powers could intentionally slowed out of not wanting to actually kill Pit.

1c) We're judging her powers from the medium of a game in a battle we were facing against her, so of course the devs had to make it playable and not one-sided. Same with the "Ike defeated a god in one of his games" comments.

Those are just my 2 cents, though. I think if both were alone and in their prime, Palutena would win.
Official TS Sakura Haruno of the Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution Board!
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Who would win: Ike vs Palutena
  • Topic Archived