• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is Geno the only long-term fan request left?

User Info: TekTheNinja

TekTheNinja
1 month ago#111
On a non-western end, hasn't Arle Nadja been wanted in Japan since Melee?
Nep Nep is our goddess and savior.

User Info: DorayakiQs

DorayakiQs
1 month ago#112
ThunderNinja96 posted...
@DorayakiQs

1. We do have an example, in fact it’s a very recent one. Sans is the sole representation of Undertale in Smash despite not being playable in that game in any form. It’s a Mii Costume yes, but given that Frisk is nowhere to be seen nor mentioned in Smash, that means Sakurai thought Sans was the better choice.

2. Geno has been requested since Brawl, that and Waluigi and Toad are never happening, so literally nothing is stopping him from getting in. Banjo and K. Rool had no major appearance before their newcomer reveals yet people were happy to see them again in Ultimate, would it even surprise you that Geno, the character Smash fans have been begging for since the third game, would warrant the same reaction? I sure hope not.

While I understand what you mean with Sans, he is still not a fighter so it's not a solid proof for now. Yet his amount of appearances is at least equivalent with Isabelle in the whole Undertake storyline.

Again, as already said Nintendndo never tried to bring back Geno in Mario franchise to please the long waiting fans. We all know Geno's popularity but Nintendo is the one to decide whether such characters can be promoted. And that doesn't say Mario, Yoshi and other characters exist not to please their fans.

User Info: SmashBurb

SmashBurb
4 weeks ago#113
ThunderNinja96 posted...
That said you cannot deny that if Geno was a Mii Costume, they would have shown it off during the Hero Presentation since both are owned by Square. In my opinion, he’s all but confirmed to be a lock.

Uhhh.....yes, that can be denied, since the Chocobo hat didn't return, and only half of Sega's Mii Costumes returned with Joker.

No, the fact that you don't care about Chocobo (you don't even actually care about Geno either, and never did before about a week ago) doesn't change jack s***, and your point about Akira's being left out because he's an Assist Trophy makes no sense (again, Knuckles' costume came back even though he's an Assist Trophy, and the absence of Akira's costume doesn't explain why Jacky's is still missing). And the idea that Square costumes cannot be shown off with non-Square characters was already disproven by us getting Capcom costumes with Banjo.

There are more exceptions to the "Mii Costumes from 4 return with characters from the same company!" fan rule than there are examples.

User Info: ThunderNinja96

ThunderNinja96
4 weeks ago#114
DorayakiQs posted...
While I understand what you mean with Sans, he is still not a fighter so it's not a solid proof for now. Yet his amount of appearances is at least equivalent with Isabelle in the whole Undertake storyline.

Again, as already said Nintendndo never tried to bring back Geno in Mario franchise to please the long waiting fans. We all know Geno's popularity but Nintendo is the one to decide whether such characters can be promoted. And that doesn't say Mario, Yoshi and other characters exist not to please their fans.
It does matter since the entire thing with Geno is that “HE’S A SIDE CHARACTER SO HE CAN’T BE IN!” Sans despite not being the main character of Undertale was chosen to represent the series over Frisk. Just cause he doesn’t have his own moveset doesn’t mean he can’t count.

Yes and it’s perfectly okay that Microsoft just sat on the Banjo-Kazooie IP and did jack s*** with him until Sakurai asked for them to be in Smash. Also BK in Smash doesn’t promote anything for Nintendo since Sakurai told us to play the game on Xbox. Again, you don’t need to shill anything to be a DLC character.

SmashBurb posted...
Uhhh.....yes, that can be denied, since the Chocobo hat didn't return, and only half of Sega's Mii Costumes returned with Joker.

No, the fact that you don't care about Chocobo (you don't even actually care about Geno either, and never did before about a week ago) doesn't change jack s***, and your point about Akira's being left out because he's an Assist Trophy makes no sense (again, Knuckles' costume came back even though he's an Assist Trophy, and the absence of Akira's costume doesn't explain why Jacky's is still missing). And the idea that Square costumes cannot be shown off with non-Square characters was already disproven by us getting Capcom costumes with Banjo.

There are more exceptions to the "Mii Costumes from 4 return with characters from the same company!" fan rule than there are examples.
Sonic is the more recognizable series so they got their Mii Outfits back, I think Nintendo saw the sales of their Mii Costumes from 4 and are bringing back the ones people used the most.

That said, Chocobo isn’t needed since Cloud is all the representation Square needs, and Akira is already represented as an AT so it makes sense why they didn’t come back. Nintendo decided against getting costumes from it’s competitors so they showed off some random Mii Costumes for Banjo’s Presentation, but it gave us Sans too so it was the best one.

Terry’s Mii Costumes will be SNK-themed with no Geno costume in sight, cause he will be a playable fighter in the near future. Guaranteed.
GOTY 2020: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
Official GameFAQs Account of The Hypist. Mains Shulk & Banjo

SmashBurb
4 weeks ago#115
ThunderNinja96 posted...
Sonic is the more recognizable series so they got their Mii Outfits back, I think Nintendo saw the sales of their Mii Costumes from 4 and are bringing back the ones people used the most.

You're just trying to find ways to explain around this fan rule being dead.

Aren't you normally against fan rules? You're only clinging on to this one because you think it helps the latest bandwagon you've hitched yourself to.

ThunderNinja96 posted...
Terry’s Mii Costumes will be SNK-themed with no Geno costume in sight, cause he will be a playable fighter in the near future. Guaranteed.

Proto Man and Sans Undertale are my favorite Rare characters.

ThunderNinja96 posted...
That said, Chocobo isn’t needed since Cloud is all the representation Square needs,

Then they wouldn't have added it in the first place.

Or Geno, since he's Square representation, too.

ThunderNinja96 posted...
and Akira is already represented as an AT

Again? Really? After I've eviscerated that excuse three f***ing times now?

Okay, for the fourth time....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM8h2Xyis9M

If you know the words, sing along with me.

HERE I COME!

User Info: Tomasagaz14

Tomasagaz14
4 weeks ago#116
ThunderNinja96 posted...
It does matter since the entire thing with Geno is that “HE’S A SIDE CHARACTER SO HE CAN’T BE IN!” Sans despite not being the main character of Undertale was chosen to represent the series over Frisk. Just cause he doesn’t have his own moveset doesn’t mean he can’t count.

Sans is more important to UT than Geno is to SMRPG, Sans also appeared in Deltarune.

Official Mr. Who Would Win.
Smash Most Wanteds: Phoenix Wright, Bandana Dee, Paper Mario, Terra Branford and Soma Cruz.

User Info: ThunderNinja96

ThunderNinja96
4 weeks ago#117
@SmashBurb

You’ll be seething with rage once Geno is confirmed to be in, and there’s nothing you can do about it! :D
GOTY 2020: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
Official GameFAQs Account of The Hypist. Mains Shulk & Banjo

SmashBurb
4 weeks ago#118
ThunderNinja96 posted...
@SmashBurb

You’ll be seething with rage once Geno is confirmed to be in, and there’s nothing you can do about it! :D

ROUGHER THAN THE REST OF THEM!
THE BEST OF THEM!
TOUGHER THAN LEATHER!

User Info: squarion

squarion
4 weeks ago#119
The roster already has a bunch of weird/obscure characters so might as well add him at this point.
Favorite Game of All Time: Donkey Kong Country 2

User Info: Kaithehedgefox

Kaithehedgefox
4 weeks ago#120
Geno is not iconic enough to get in the game so I do not support him making it in. That would be a heartbreaker. I want sora who is iconic or any other square icon like terra from final fantacy or chrono
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is Geno the only long-term fan request left?
  • Topic Archived