• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Which had a worst community reaction after they were revealed, Hero or Terry?

User Info: Kingslime304

Kingslime304
4 weeks ago#21
In my opinion, despite Hero being more negative, Terry’s is more depressing because he was seemingly overshadowed by a Mii costume.

Then again, there’s a reason why, and I think Terry would rise up once Sans is fully settled down.

User Info: Unknown Force

Unknown Force
4 weeks ago#22
MaKoTiS_MoN posted...
Unknown Force posted...
bidas100 posted...
SmashBurb posted...
Hero, especially in the brief period between their reveal and Banjo's.

This thread is a perfect representation of what that was like: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77779663

I wonder how old TC's account was before he deleted it.

That thread was exactly why I yelled "GET f***ED SMASH FANS!" when Hero was revealed and I don't even like DQ.

How petty.

And I like Hero.

🤷🏾‍♂

I have no pity for people throwing tantrums just because they personally didn't get what they wanted.
MvCI Team: Capcom Function/ Marvel Function
#FreeCustomPalutena

User Info: Lyncario

Lyncario
4 weeks ago#23
Gargomon251 posted...
The difference is that Hero is actually from a hugely popular franchise, both in Japan and in the west, that goes all the way back to the NES days. It's basically the third most popular RPG series after Final Fantasy and Pokemon.

It bothered me, so I fixed it.
My weab power is greater than yours
-Me

User Info: SmashBurb

SmashBurb
4 weeks ago#24
Kingslime304 posted...
In my opinion, despite Hero being more negative, Terry’s is more depressing because he was seemingly overshadowed by a Mii costume.

Then again, there’s a reason why, and I think Terry would rise up once Sans is fully settled down.

Unless we get a repeat and Terry's wave comes with another major Mii costume.

Like, imagine if they released the Geno costume then. 100% guaranteed to overshadow Terry.
SmashBurb is like the main antagonist of this site. - DOTBHDD
I think you have a vendetta against the world - NicoRobin007

User Info: epik_fail1

epik_fail1
4 weeks ago#25
Hero, but Terry got it pretty bad too.
Primrose for smash

User Info: ExpendableRound

ExpendableRound
4 weeks ago#26
Everything about the west’s reactions to the Hero Quartet is one of hate: the initial reveal, the reaction to their mechanics, how they are sword users, how they apparently snap the game in two, all the talks of branding them as illegal in the competitive scene...

Whereas the worst thing that came out of Terry Bogard (so far) was “Huh? Who’s this loser?”

It’s no contest, westerners straight up hate the Hero Quartet, and will likely hate on Dragon Quest as much, if not more, then Fire Emblem due to their inclusion in Sma5h.
Insanity ahead, expect delays.

SmashBurb
4 weeks ago#27
ExpendableRound posted...
and will likely hate on Dragon Quest as much, if not more, then Fire Emblem due to their inclusion in Sma5h.

That's a bit of an exaggeration, lol.

Corrin's reaction was even worse than Hero's. There's no way DQ is going to wind up being more hated than FE is in the Smash community in the long run.

User Info: SparkyForce

SparkyForce
4 weeks ago#28
SmashBurb posted...
and will likely hate on Dragon Quest as much, if not more, then Fire Emblem due to their inclusion in Sma5h.

That's a bit of an exaggeration, lol.

Corrin's reaction was even worse than Hero's. There's no way DQ is going to wind up being more hated than FE is in the Smash community in the long run.

Pretty sure that is literally impossible at this point. XD

Also, people don't hate on Dragon Quest. And I don't like how Hero is in smash(RNG, not his inclusion in general) but I've got to say, after playing the DQ11 demo I am much more fond of him.
I play Smash Ultimate and main Captain Falcon.
"There hasn't been a greater combination than bear and bird since dog and duck"-Izzy0585

User Info: ExpendableRound

ExpendableRound
4 weeks ago#29
@SmashBurb

Corrin didn’t prove to be a character that could win a match at practically a moment’s notice.
Insanity ahead, expect delays.

SmashBurb
4 weeks ago#30
@SmashBurb

Corrin didn’t prove to be a character that could win a match at practically a moment’s notice.

Pretty sure people are still complaining about Corrin 4 years later.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Which had a worst community reaction after they were revealed, Hero or Terry?
  • Topic Archived