• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Which had a worst community reaction after they were revealed, Hero or Terry?

User Info: ColdIce

ColdIce
1 month ago#1
Both Hero and Terry didn't get a great reaction from the Smash community after they were revealed. With both not being big in the U.S. and not known by everyone, many have called them "irrelevant" or "a waste of a slot". But in your opinion, which got it worse?
lol

User Info: Nes_Mettaur

Nes_Mettaur
1 month ago#2
From what I've heard Hero, which was a shining example of the western Smash community's inability to accept anything that they don't want (and almost immediately was made to look even sillier when Banjo happened forty minutes later.)

Terry got backlash but he also had a not-insignificant number of people that were happy to see him, and in general when an SNK character leaked a lot of people seemed eager to just have someone from that company at all.
Official Dr. Mario of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board
(Also a girl, just to prevent any future confusion)

User Info: Grizzexploder

Grizzexploder
1 month ago#3
Nes_Mettaur posted...
From what I've heard Hero, which was a shining example of the western Smash community's inability to accept anything that they don't want (and almost immediately was made to look even sillier when Banjo happened forty minutes later.)

Terry got backlash but he also had a not-insignificant number of people that were happy to see him, and in general when an SNK character leaked a lot of people seemed eager to just have someone from that company at all.

User Info: LeonMitarashi

LeonMitarashi
1 month ago#4
Terry, and for the wrong reasons.
Videogames that need to be made:
Mega Man X9, Guilty Gear x BlazBlue, F-Zero Switch, Nintendo vs Capcom.

User Info: A_Field_Lover

A_Field_Lover
1 month ago#5
Grizzexploder posted...
Nes_Mettaur posted...

Nerd girl who's passionate, Bandana Dee for Smash!
#1 Assist Trophy, Galeem, Lonato & FE Echoes Lover! F to Geno, BWD + Isaac. Hero's in!

User Info: CrazedCavalier

CrazedCavalier
1 month ago#6
Grizzexploder posted...
Nes_Mettaur posted...

"Something deep inside, keeping me alive/Fusing into the unknown, losing my own control"
--Dark Hero

User Info: A_Field_Lover

A_Field_Lover
1 month ago#7
There's a reason "Hoes Mad" was spammed so hard with Hero

You had users like Mudkip in Space nonstop seething over Erdrick when he was leaked.
Nerd girl who's passionate, Bandana Dee for Smash!
#1 Assist Trophy, Galeem, Lonato & FE Echoes Lover! F to Geno, BWD + Isaac. Hero's in!

User Info: Donut007

Donut007
1 month ago#8
After reveal, maybe Terry. But Hero had an overall way worse reaction due to being leaked for so long and everyone doing all they could to mudsling and bring others down and refuse to believe that Erdrick could ever get in and how bad of an inclusion it would be if he was, so on and so forth. So overall, I'd say Hero by a lot. After reveal specifically, idk, maybe Terry but even then, it'd still be close.
*doodle, doodle*

User Info: Psystrike95

Psystrike95
1 month ago#9
Terry got it worse. I didn't see much Hero hate, besides the usual idiotic and immature nickname for swordfighters here and there on various threads.
Smash Player, RPG Master, and Shiny Pokemon Hunter.

User Info: Deadly_Rave

Deadly_Rave
1 month ago#10
Got to go with Hero. Had tons of clowns throwing a fit at a representative of one Japan's most famous JRPG franchise's ever simply because they had no clue of DQ's history or didn't like/want Hero. It was pretty bad. Some people hate Hero even more now thanks to his gameplay. The reaction to Terry wasn't that good afterwards, but I found more positive reactions to him than negative upon his reveal, and I doubt nothing in Terry's arsenal (Would love to see Rising Beat or Power Stream get in) will make people nearly as salty as Thwack does when he's finally released.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Which had a worst community reaction after they were revealed, Hero or Terry?
  • Topic Archived