• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. It's time to stop pretending Ultimate will be "the next Melee."

User Info: CrimsonSmasher

CrimsonSmasher
1 month ago#1
In more ways than one. But today I’m talking about how everybody thinks the next Smash will die for Ultimate, like Brawl and Melee.

That’s just not true. People went back to Melee because it was more fun to play. Ultimate... It’s not hard to top lol. Some people will whine about lost characters but the gameplay improvements will be too significant to ignore. Ultimate’s online is awful for even Nintendo’s standards too, and it’s very apparent that it’s not going to be improved any time soon, if ever.

All this “just port Ultimate forever” crap isn’t going to happen either. It’s time to stop with the bargaining, next game will have substantially fewer characters than Ultimate. Nintendo is doing everything in their power to tell you that Ultimate 2 or Ultimate DX is never happening ever.

User Info: WiiFitTrainer_

WiiFitTrainer_
1 month ago#2
I love how they nerfed Pichu despite the character not winning any tournaments
Your niche opinion is irrelevant and won't affect the sales of the series you hate. People will buy games from it and it'll thrive whether you like it or not.

User Info: SmashBurb

SmashBurb
1 month ago#3
Go to a Melee-focused community instead of using an Ultimate board, then.

Problem solved.
SmashBurb is like the main antagonist of this site. - DOTBHDD
I think you have a vendetta against the world - NicoRobin007

User Info: Kingslime304

Kingslime304
1 month ago#4
I sort of agree, but you say people as if the Smash community in general went back to Melee, and only some of them are in Ultimate, which isn’t true.

Maybe your just saying it for example though, so I don’t know.

CrimsonSmasher
1 month ago#5
WiiFitTrainer_ posted...
I love how they nerfed Pichu despite the character not winning any tournaments

Yeah they don’t care about tournaments lol

SmashBurb posted...
Go to a Melee-focused community instead of using an Ultimate board, then.

Problem solved.

I think you’re misunderstanding. I don’t care for Melee either, but there’s at least some reason to prefer it over other games.

People aren’t gonna go back to Ultimate after the next game rolls around.
Kingslime304 posted...
I sort of agree, but you say people as if the Smash community in general went back to Melee, and only some of them are in Ultimate, which isn’t true.

Maybe your just saying it for example though, so I don’t know.

For example yeah.

User Info: LeonMitarashi

LeonMitarashi
1 month ago#6
I literally just started seeing it today. But I agree. Melee is an overrated game full of annoying elitists troglodytes.
Videogames that need to be made:
Mega Man X9, Guilty Gear x BlazBlue, F-Zero Switch, Nintendo vs Capcom.

User Info: SparkyForce

SparkyForce
1 month ago#7
People will come back to Ultimate when their main is cut, which will likely be a bunch of people. Melee? I give it maybe another game. But if they keep up with these release Windows between games, Melee won't have any room to breathe.

Nevermind the fact that Melee will be instantly killed the second Nintendo actually starts to invest in the scene.

I like Melee, but I think it's just getting old.
I play Smash Ultimate and main Captain Falcon.
"There hasn't been a greater combination than bear and bird since dog and duck"-Izzy0585

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
1 month ago#8
Melee isn't as great as people proclaim it to be. Ultimate is far better.

User Info: Heart-ThROB

Heart-ThROB
1 month ago#9
CrimsonSmasher topic.
I'm a rather cunning linguist.
Seriously, ask me about language.

CrimsonSmasher
1 month ago#10
SparkyForce posted...
People will come back to Ultimate when their main is cut, which will likely be a bunch of people. Melee? I give it maybe another game. But if they keep up with these release Windows between games, Melee won't have any room to breathe.

Nevermind the fact that Melee will be instantly killed the second Nintendo actually starts to invest in the scene.

I like Melee, but I think it's just getting old.

Melee isn’t going to last forever, but it’s stronger now, three sequels later, than Ultimate will be one game later.

As long as Sakurai exists I don’t see Nintendo supporting the competitive scene beyond retweets, sadly.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. It's time to stop pretending Ultimate will be "the next Melee."
  • Topic Archived