• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Today I discovered that I have an actual lag switch for online.

User Info: KamikazePotato

KamikazePotato
1 month ago#1
I was getting really frustrated with my online experience on my home wifi, which was very good sometimes but would randomly stutter like crazy. At first I thought my connection was just inherently poor, but then I realized that whenever I watched youtube videos (or videos on any streaming site on any website) in the background my connection would tank. Apparently my wifi can handle Smash Ultimate, or youtube videos, but not both at the same time. I can make any match I'm in laggier just by clicking play.

This is too much power for one person to have. Ness is calling to me.
Black Turtle did a pretty good job.

User Info: pwiggler

pwiggler
1 month ago#2
KamikazePotato posted...
I was getting really frustrated with my online experience on my home wifi, which was very good sometimes but would randomly stutter like crazy. At first I thought my connection was just inherently poor, but then I realized that whenever I watched youtube videos (or videos on any streaming site on any website) in the background my connection would tank. Apparently my wifi can handle Smash Ultimate, or youtube videos, but not both at the same time. I can make any match I'm in laggier just by clicking play.

This is too much power for one person to have. Ness is calling to me.

why would you watch youtube videos in the background?

KamikazePotato
1 month ago#3
Why not?

User Info: GearRandom

GearRandom
1 month ago#4
but won't that lag switch also put just as much of a strain on you as on your opponent? i can't see it being used for any sort of tactical advantage
it's as though every time you open your mouth, you become less likable.

pwiggler
1 month ago#5
KamikazePotato posted...
Why not?

your playing a game.

KamikazePotato
1 month ago#6
GearRandom posted...
but won't that lag switch also put just as much of a strain on you as on your opponent? i can't see it being used for any sort of tactical advantage

I get to *control* the lag, though. He gains the advantage or I get put into a corner? I press Play and his timing/gameplay gets thrown off while mine isn't because I know exactly when the lag is coming. Or even just make it happen when he's trying to recover...

pwiggler
1 month ago#7
KamikazePotato posted...
GearRandom posted...

I get to *control* the lag, though. He gains the advantage or I get put into a corner? I press Play and his timing/gameplay gets thrown off while mine isn't because I know exactly when the lag is coming. Or even just make it happen when he's trying to recover...

congrats, thats scumbag thinking, lose like everyone else.

User Info: SpaceDetective

SpaceDetective
1 month ago#8
when are we getting a fighting game that has an in-game lag switch as a feature
https://i.imgur.com/ebULMPv.png
Official Ashley of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board - I was wrong it was fake

KamikazePotato
1 month ago#9
SpaceDetective posted...
when are we getting a fighting game that has an in-game lag switch as a feature

Would make for a frustrating - I mean, fun, ability for a character to have.

Or just sell it as DLC.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
1 month ago#10
pwiggler posted...
KamikazePotato posted...
Why not?

You're playing a game.

So what? I do it all the time. Some games don't require me to watch at all times, and even if they do, I can still mute the game and listen to a let's play or tv shows. That said, I try not to do anything that could mess up my connection while I'm specifically playing online games.
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Today I discovered that I have an actual lag switch for online.
  • Topic Archived