• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Sakurai has more input on the DLC characters than he lets on

User Info: aman541

aman541
1 week ago#21
The_Korey posted...
So with Persona and Dragon Quest both getting definitive/exclusive games on Switch, there's just no way Nintendo themselves wanted to drive the hammer harder. Klearly the main beneficiary, and thus driving force, is Sakurai hands down. Just when I had forgiven him for turning the frogs gay, he pulls something like this, smh.

Persona isn't getting an exclusive game on Switch. P5 Scramble is on PS4 as well and I doubt Nintendo would put in Joker to promote a low budget spinoff mosou game that doesn't come out until next year.

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
1 week ago#22
Neospartan posted...
Why do so many people here have this idea that Sakurai is constantly lying to us? It's like, I understand that people aren't 100% honest, but people here would have you believe he's 0% honest, which doesn't make sense.

Also, is it so hard to believe that Nintendo would choose these characters? I mean, Reggie seemed proud of the fact that they're be left field choices. Moreover, even if you think that these are un-Nintendo choices, Nintendo straight up has a department dedicated to doing un-Nintendo things so it's not improbable for these choices to be made.
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde/Seth/Linne team (BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle), Goku SS/Vegeta SS (FZ).

User Info: wolfxslash

wolfxslash
1 week ago#23
Blayshy posted...
Neospartan posted...
Why do so many people here have this idea that Sakurai is constantly lying to us? It's like, I understand that people aren't 100% honest, but people here would have you believe he's 0% honest, which doesn't make sense.

Also, is it so hard to believe that Nintendo would choose these characters? I mean, Reggie seemed proud of the fact that they're be left field choices. Moreover, even if you think that these are un-Nintendo choices, Nintendo straight up has a department dedicated to doing un-Nintendo things so it's not improbable for these choices to be made.

User Info: Kantiran

Kantiran
1 week ago#24
wolfxslash posted...
Blayshy posted...
Neospartan posted...

User Info: demon_cleaner

demon_cleaner
1 week ago#25
Whoever made the choices has made a good job so far. I like to think it was Sakurai. The passion put in the movesets and in the stages doesn't strike me as something that was "forced" on him.

User Info: WeaverSerawl

WeaverSerawl
6 days ago#26
Spikyschlong posted...
So people are convinced that executives at Nintendo selected:

The protagonist of a Sony exclusive M-rated RPG that happens to be Sakurai's GOTY

A dead platforming mascot owned by a rival console manufacturer

The mascot of a recently resurrected fighting game studio that just-so-happens to have played a major role in Sakurai's philosophies as a game designer

Not knocking on Sakurai, I actually like that he's wearing the pants here. But I wonder why he keeps saying otherwise.

It's almost as if he's adding from his own personal wishlist with no regard for what the fans actually want!

So far only Banjo's felt like a good addition out of everyone in the Fighter Pass... with Joker and Hero, there's no style or variety, they're exactly what they look like. And we already know there will be nothing special about Terry except for punching and kicking. Banjo is crazy, varied, and fits in with Smash's fast paced cartoony world.
Bertha Hippo for Super Smash Bros. on Switch!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCZQHxDZmCk&t=3s

User Info: MaKoTiS_MoN

MaKoTiS_MoN
6 days ago#27
Yeah, 'cos Nintendo TOTALLY chose Joker and Terry out of all possible people.
ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

User Info: RyderEibon777

RyderEibon777
6 days ago#28
MaKoTiS_MoN posted...
Yeah, 'cos Nintendo TOTALLY chose Joker and Terry out of all possible people.

Your statement means nothing without proof. There's no reason to think Nintendo wouldn't want to work with Atlus or SNK.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Sakurai has more input on the DLC characters than he lets on
  • Topic Archived