• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Sakurai has more input on the DLC characters than he lets on

User Info: Spikyschlong

Spikyschlong
1 week ago#1
So people are convinced that executives at Nintendo selected:

The protagonist of a Sony exclusive M-rated RPG that happens to be Sakurai's GOTY

A dead platforming mascot owned by a rival console manufacturer

The mascot of a recently resurrected fighting game studio that just-so-happens to have played a major role in Sakurai's philosophies as a game designer

Not knocking on Sakurai, I actually like that he's wearing the pants here. But I wonder why he keeps saying otherwise.

User Info: JudgeGeno

JudgeGeno
1 week ago#2
Joker being on the roster proves this

User Info: BasedZamasu

BasedZamasu
1 week ago#3
JudgeGeno posted...
Joker being on the roster proves this
"I'll be in the car, dudes." - Smithers

User Info: Wetterdew

Wetterdew
1 week ago#4
Because it means he doesn't have to take responsibility for decisions that upset fans. Foist it onto a corporate entity instead.
Touch fuzzy get dizzy.

User Info: Ravio-of-Lorule

Ravio-of-Lorule
1 week ago#5
Wetterdew posted...
Because it means he doesn't have to take responsibility for decisions that upset fans. Foist it onto a corporate entity instead.

Not cool if true.
Official Ravio of the Smash Bros. Ultimate Message Board
Most Wanted is Crash Bandicoot. Banjo is in boys! Supporting Tails, Skull Kid and Waluigi
(message deleted)

User Info: Nicobar

Nicobar
1 week ago#7
JudgeGeno posted...
Piranha Plant being on the roster proves this
Aah, so it's like that, huh. I understand everything now. <-(Doesn't get it at all)

User Info: benjiross1

benjiross1
1 week ago#8
What's the difference? Both parties have to be okay with the characters joining anyway, so why does it matter who gets first say?

User Info: RotoTheGolden

RotoTheGolden
1 week ago#9
Nicobar posted...
JudgeGeno posted...

Hey, I hate the s***ty plant as much as the next guy, but we know for a fact Nintendo never had anything to do with him in the first place, so this doesn't help your cause. The Fighter's Pass is a separate matter entirely.
I am the bone of my sword. Steel is my body, and fire is my blood. I have created over a thousand blades.
I have no regrets.

User Info: flygongengar

flygongengar
1 week ago#10
Nicobar posted...
JudgeGeno posted...

Piranha Plant was obviously a character intended for the base game and just not finished in time so released as a "bonus" DLC. His selection process was completely different from the DLC.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Sakurai has more input on the DLC characters than he lets on
  • Topic Archived