• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. If Ryu Hayabusa is the 5th character, I want him to be a stance character

User Info: RollerBob

RollerBob
4 days ago#1
That's like the only major fighting game character archetype that we are missing in Smash Bros, so I'm hoping that Hayabusa gets a unique Shield + B special that have him sheathe or draw his sword. If drawn, he has sword attacks and if sheathed, he has his unarmed combat style, paying homage to both Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive. Hey, if Inkling can get a "5th special", so could other characters.
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak French. Yes, I live in Quebec.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Heart-ThROB

Heart-ThROB
4 days ago#2
What is Pokémon Trainer?

For real, though, that'd be cool.
Part-time poster. I'm actually not very busy, but I sometimes have better things to occupy my time than GameFAQs.

User Info: Winturwulf

Winturwulf
4 days ago#3
That sounds pretty awesome. I like the idea of switching between NG and DoA inspired movesets.
Now filming: Dragon Quest (Post-Production)

RollerBob
4 days ago#4
Heart-ThROB posted...
What is Pokémon Trainer?

3 characters sharing the same slot, representing the "tag team" archetype ^^; ?

Zelda and Sheik used to be a stance character until being separated though. The main difference is that it was essentially different characters, not the same character changing movesets on the fly.

RollerBob
4 days ago#5
Winturwulf posted...
That sounds pretty awesome. I like the idea of switching between NG and DoA inspired movesets.

It would also reach more people, as some [old] gamers might have known Ryu since the NES days, while younger ones might have known him since DoA. You can also argue that some players might have known Ryu since his playable cameo in the Warriors Orochi series :P

It's like seeing Guy, Cody, Hugo, Poison, Abigail and Lucia in the Street Fighter: some might know them from Final Fight, while others might not, seeing them as actual SF characters instead.

User Info: WillRojo

WillRojo
1 day ago#6
That would be totally awesome!! People would shut up about not wanting him because "booooo another swordfighter".
I was part of #TeamFake. We won!!!!

User Info: rugahboi

rugahboi
1 day ago#7
RollerBob posted...
3 characters sharing the same slot, representing the "tag team" archetype ^^; ?

Are the Ice Climbers a joke to you bro?

And of course, the Pokemon team is the stance "character" of Smash. Why would you think otherwise?

As for Hayabusa being one? Meh. Most people that know and want Hayabusa, request him for his NG legacy; of which he has 9 games to pull from (more if you count the expansions). The most DOA needs is his costume, and even that is debatable as I'm sure most will prefer the classic blue gi to go along with the black falcon armor; his iconic designs.

Hell, if any DLC character was going to be made into a stance switching character; it would probably be Dante. Maybe not in regards to style switching, but more in him being able to swap between sword and gauntlet mode.
i.imgur.com/KeE1bIk.png?1
(edited 1 day ago)

User Info: Dark_Zoroark

Dark_Zoroark
1 day ago#8
But Koei Tecmo has a beef with Capcom. Think they will allow Ryu in smash?
FC:1633-4315-8950| Official Young Link of the MM3D and SSBU boards
Ban the worst person on gamefaqs: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/user?board=1947548

User Info: rugahboi

rugahboi
1 day ago#9
Dark_Zoroark posted...
But Koei Tecmo has a beef with Capcom. Think they will allow Ryu in smash?

This is also true but in this specific case, I don't think Koei would care as they're not actually working with Capcom.
i.imgur.com/KeE1bIk.png?1

User Info: Eagle_hunter

Eagle_hunter
1 day ago#10
That's exactly what I thought months ago when people speculating about him.
"If you've got enough free time to fantasize about your beautiful death... Why don't you just live your life beautifully to the end"-Sakata Gintoki-
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. If Ryu Hayabusa is the 5th character, I want him to be a stance character
  • Post New Message