• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What is your opinion on shantae?

User Info: Phrase-of-Eve

Phrase-of-Eve
4 days ago#61
Geminosity posted...
Played her games and wouldn't mind her.
Wouldn't go so far as to say I want her, but if she got on the roster I'd definitely buy her fighter pack and play as her.

Yep, same with me. She's not really someone I'm actively rooting for, but hey, if she gets in, I'd be cool with it.
The worst foe lies within the self.
The official Mitochondria Eve on every board ever.

User Info: SmashBurb

SmashBurb
4 days ago#62
WHATZITUYA posted...
Had it ever occurred to you that Shantae would have been much more complex as an Assist Trophy? Or that Shovel Knight is not as consistently demanded, unlike the misinformation that you've been spreading around that Shantae peaked during the ballot for own agenda?

P.S. Calling people "f***ing stupid" followed by an insincere apology? Really?

Or maybe it's just that you're wrong and Shantae isn't as popular? Even if she'd be "more complex", they still decided against putting the effort into making her an Assist Trophy (pretty sure your theory's wrong, anyway. We have other Assists who do the exact same s*** she could've done. Look at Sable Prince and Tiki; two characters that transform!), and still decided to give her 2 Spirits while Shovel Knight got 4.

There's more evidence to support that Shovel Knight was placed above Shantae. Assist trophy + double the spirits. Your conspiracy theories and your personal taste mean absolutely-f***ing-nothing.

Grasp at all the straws you want, but what I'm saying is supplied by facts and evidence.
SmashBurb is like the main antagonist of this site. - DOTBHDD
I think you have a vendetta against the world - NicoRobin007
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: SmashBurb

SmashBurb
4 days ago#63
JoseJGC posted...
SmashBurb posted...
Never played her games, have no interest in the character, but find her fanbase to be one of the most annoying, delusional, and gullible in Smash, and her creators to be douchebags and borderline creeps (I know I'm gonna get "SHANTAES NOT UNDERAGE" replies, but I legit think Matt Bozon is a loli fetishist or an outright pedophile. Shantae's not the only series they make based around scantily-clad younger looking girls).

Her god awful fandom and Wayforward's embarrassing behavior are enough to make Shantae my least-wanted character in Smash, and she has been ever since the SSB4 ballot.
But she is obviously at least a teenager... How that makes her creators a bunch of pedophiles? Why only english speaking people uses "pedophile" to refer to people liking teenagers? Pedophiles are the people attracted to children. Shantae is out of that range.
Also, how is Shantae's fandom supossed to be god awful?

Okay, Matt Bozon is an ephebophile. Better?

Oh and Shantae's fanbase sucks because they're delusional, take EVERYTHING as a clue that Shantae will be playable in Smash Bros, exaggerate the hell out of her popularity and her series' importance, and are in denial about how sexualized all the characters in the games are.
SmashBurb is like the main antagonist of this site. - DOTBHDD
I think you have a vendetta against the world - NicoRobin007

User Info: Stun427

Stun427
4 days ago#64
To put it simply: Great series, dumbass fanbase.
Fun fact: Playing the nostalgia goggles card shows you have nothing of value to say and are grasping at straws to argue with someone.

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
4 days ago#65
Stun427 posted...
To put it simply: Great series, dumbass fanbase.

I honestly feel it's been outclassed by recent indie platformers

Maybe it was a big deal when the most well known indie platformer was Braid

Now with games like Shovel Knight and Hollow Knight, it's no longer a top recommendation
The official Dragon Quest VIII Hero of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate boards
My game collection: https://i.imgtc.ws/mDiH2Jc.jpg https://i.imgtc.ws/kfs7GI8.jpg
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: JoseJGC

JoseJGC
3 days ago#66
SmashBurb posted...
Okay, Matt Bozon is an ephebophile. Better?

Oh and Shantae's fanbase sucks because they're delusional, take EVERYTHING as a clue that Shantae will be playable in Smash Bros, exaggerate the hell out of her popularity and her series' importance, and are in denial about how sexualized all the characters in the games are.
Yes, because accusing someone of pedophilia is a serious thing.

About the delusional thing, you mean the "window theory"? Because that was a joke, I follow many Shantae pages and all were using the window as a joke. It was kind of obvious because that window has always been there and people barely noticed it was similar to the smash logo.
Also, nobody denies how sexualised are the characters XD, is pretty obvious that Wayforward likes making games with sexy girls to attract new players, and some stay because they like the games.

User Info: WHATZITUYA

WHATZITUYA
3 days ago#67
SmashBurb posted...
WHATZITUYA posted...
Had it ever occurred to you that Shantae would have been much more complex as an Assist Trophy? Or that Shovel Knight is not as consistently demanded, unlike the misinformation that you've been spreading around that Shantae peaked during the ballot for own agenda?

P.S. Calling people "f***ing stupid" followed by an insincere apology? Really?

Or maybe it's just that you're wrong and Shantae isn't as popular? Even if she'd be "more complex", they still decided against putting the effort into making her an Assist Trophy (pretty sure your theory's wrong, anyway. We have other Assists who do the exact same s*** she could've done. Look at Sable Prince and Tiki; two characters that transform!), and still decided to give her 2 Spirits while Shovel Knight got 4.

There's more evidence to support that Shovel Knight was placed above Shantae. Assist trophy + double the spirits. Your conspiracy theories and your personal taste mean absolutely-f***ing-nothing.

Grasp at all the straws you want, but what I'm saying is supplied by facts and evidence.

For starters, Tiki only straight up transforms doing only a single breath attack. Let not forget those oh so hard to animate frog and snake attacks Sable pulls. Shantae would of been hair whipping and using at least one, if not not multiple transformations via dance at that.

Next off, okay Shovel Knight likely beat Shantae during the ballot. Yet it was not by the landslide you delude yourself into believing. The nearly 45,000 unofficial ballot ran parallel to the real deal. Shovel Knight ranked 8th wedge between Bandana Dee and Paper Mario. While Shantae ranked 11th wedged between Bayonetta and Ice Climbers. They all ranked above Geno, who you've recently said is possible. Oh and did I forget to mention Bandana Dee out performed every f***ing Assist Trophy aside from Isaac who ranked over Banjo?

See how that "logic" falls apart? As if it wasn't bad enough you're gatekeeping your least wanted with an AT from not only a different series, but a different company. An indie who's fallen waaay out of the top 10 requests this past year while Shantae just kept climbing according to every ballot with at least several thousand votes since last year, even when she was deconfirmed.

Face the music Burb. If anyone is grasping at straws for their own agenda, it's you. Think I'm delusional?

Then put your money where your mouth is.

A year long sig bet. I prepose that she WILL be playable by at the very LEAST a Mii costume before Smash Ultimate's entire DLC is concluded. Winner gets to choose what to put in the loser's sig which they have to use for a full year from the day he lost. Your alt(s) included.

Deal? Or are you scared like some sort of small tasty bird?
My Smash most wanteds: Shantae and Crash Bandicoot

User Info: Lord Lizard

Lord Lizard
3 days ago#68
Played all her games.
The first one has it's problems, mainly because it's a GBC game that's not aged very well. However, I still loved it. You can tell they had a lot of great ideas, it was very ambitious and the game as a whole smells of the love they put into it.
The second one, Risky's Revenge, was kinda the inverse for me. It solved a lot of the problems of the first one, made the gameplay much more modern, but at the same time it was extremely short and felt more like a tech demo.
The third game, Pirate's Curse, is the best of the bunch IMO. I really can't say much against it, it got what made the other two good and worked on it.
The fourth game, 1/2 Genie Hero, is a weird case in which they tried to change the formula of the series, making more linear levels and removing dungeons. As a platforming game it's really good, but as a Shantae game I will say I prefer the previous formula. Also, while the game was good, it also felt rushed.

So for me it's 3 > 1 > 4 > 2.

As for the original question, she's currently my #1 most wanted character. So... Yeah.
I need a signature...

User Info: AarturoSc

AarturoSc
3 days ago#69
587Deathking posted...
Her games are kinda dull and ,despite how much fanboys argue, very horny

That's basically every Way Forward game that isn't outsource to them. It's like they took the old saying of "Sex Sales" extremely seriously.
Simba hangs himself in the bootleg Lion King 5 game over screen.
Yeeh!

User Info: JoseJGC

JoseJGC
3 days ago#70
Lord Lizard posted...
Played all her games.
The first one has it's problems, mainly because it's a GBC game that's not aged very well. However, I still loved it. You can tell they had a lot of great ideas, it was very ambitious and the game as a whole smells of the love they put into it.
The second one, Risky's Revenge, was kinda the inverse for me. It solved a lot of the problems of the first one, made the gameplay much more modern, but at the same time it was extremely short and felt more like a tech demo.
The third game, Pirate's Curse, is the best of the bunch IMO. I really can't say much against it, it got what made the other two good and worked on it.
The fourth game, 1/2 Genie Hero, is a weird case in which they tried to change the formula of the series, making more linear levels and removing dungeons. As a platforming game it's really good, but as a Shantae game I will say I prefer the previous formula. Also, while the game was good, it also felt rushed.

So for me it's 3 > 1 > 4 > 2.

As for the original question, she's currently my #1 most wanted character. So... Yeah.
Same opinion, but I consider 4 to be in the same range as 1, is a fun game by itself, just dissapointing in many areas after we got Pirate's curse, and also very short and the recycled plot don't helps.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What is your opinion on shantae?
  • Post New Message