• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What is your opinion on shantae?

User Info: haladapted

haladapted
4 days ago#51
AarturoSc posted...
Meh.
Small fry character that isn't even that big in its own niche (Shovel Knight and Undertake are bigger indie icons).
Yeah but she's a lot cuter than Shovel Knight and Undertrash.

User Info: MetaKirb7

MetaKirb7
4 days ago#52
Reno_Ragestar posted...
No, I know what she looks like but I have no f***ing clue who she is.
She’s basically half genie half human who was born and raised in the genie realm trying to grow accustomed to human life. She is the genie gaurdian of a desert town, Skuttle Town.

Blah blah blah.

User Info: Reno_Ragestar

Reno_Ragestar
4 days ago#53
MetaKirb7 posted...
Blah blah blah.

All I needed to know.

User Info: JoseJGC

JoseJGC
4 days ago#54
SmashBurb posted...
Never played her games, have no interest in the character, but find her fanbase to be one of the most annoying, delusional, and gullible in Smash, and her creators to be douchebags and borderline creeps (I know I'm gonna get "SHANTAES NOT UNDERAGE" replies, but I legit think Matt Bozon is a loli fetishist or an outright pedophile. Shantae's not the only series they make based around scantily-clad younger looking girls).

Her god awful fandom and Wayforward's embarrassing behavior are enough to make Shantae my least-wanted character in Smash, and she has been ever since the SSB4 ballot.
But she is obviously at least a teenager... How that makes her creators a bunch of pedophiles? Why only english speaking people uses "pedophile" to refer to people liking teenagers? Pedophiles are the people attracted to children. Shantae is out of that range.
Also, how is Shantae's fandom supossed to be god awful?

User Info: haladapted

haladapted
4 days ago#55
JoseJGC posted...
But she is obviously at least a teenager... How that makes her creators a bunch of pedophiles? Why only english speaking people uses "pedophile" to refer to people liking teenagers? Pedophiles are the people attracted to children. Shantae is out of that range.
Also, how is Shantae's fandom supossed to be god awful?
Everyone that isn't solely into girls that are exactly 18 according to the laws of the United States of America, land of the free unless you commit wrongthink is a pedo. A second earlier and you're pedo. That's just the way things work around here. I remember vomiting at the sight of 17.99 year old girls. Disgusting, but a second later they were attractive.

User Info: MetaKirb7

MetaKirb7
4 days ago#56
Reno_Ragestar posted...
All I needed to know.
https://i.imgtc.ws/QsoqoLR.gif

User Info: JoseJGC

JoseJGC
4 days ago#57
haladapted posted...
Everyone that isn't solely into girls that are exactly 18 according to the laws of the United States of America, land of the free unless you commit wrongthink is a pedo. A second earlier and you're pedo. That's just the way things work around here. I remember vomiting at the sight of 17.99 year old girls. Disgusting, but a second later they were attractive.
I laughed too hard XD.
Anyways, people should stop being afraid of finding young girls attractive. Being a pedo and liking teenagers (I think is called ephebofilia) are different things.

User Info: Shinjin

Shinjin
4 days ago#58
BikdipOnABus posted...
I remember seeing ads for Shantae on GBC back in old issues of Game Informer, and then when the game finally came out, it got a pretty mediocre/bad review. I then never thought about it again for years until the character started getting mentioned on the Smash 4 boards. I was totally unaware that there was ever a revival otherwise, and probably wouldn't have known if not for the Smash fanbase.

Naw see Game Infomer was like the one source that s*** on Shantae in its debut.

Smash Switch NEEDS all the waifus.

User Info: 587Deathking

587Deathking
4 days ago#59
Her games are kinda dull and ,despite how much fanboys argue, very horny
Reading internet jokes- http://tinyurl.com/qdxttnh
Reading a poorly written argument- http://tinyurl.com/o3f3nne

User Info: WHATZITUYA

WHATZITUYA
4 days ago#60
Shinjin posted...
BikdipOnABus posted...
I remember seeing ads for Shantae on GBC back in old issues of Game Informer, and then when the game finally came out, it got a pretty mediocre/bad review. I then never thought about it again for years until the character started getting mentioned on the Smash 4 boards. I was totally unaware that there was ever a revival otherwise, and probably wouldn't have known if not for the Smash fanbase.

Naw see Game Infomer was like the one source that s*** on Shantae in its debut.

And they did it by comparing a GBC title to Super Mario World.
My Smash most wanteds: Shantae and Crash Bandicoot
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What is your opinion on shantae?
  • Post New Message