• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What is your opinion on shantae?

User Info: WHATZITUYA

WHATZITUYA
4 days ago#31
MotorBug2005 posted...
PlasmaCannon posted...
Great character from a great series. Would welcome her to Smash Bros anytime.

I am quite tired of all the fuss surrounding this character though, obnoxious fanboys going to extremes to support or saying "I her in Smash for more R34" which is dumb as hell and makes sensible fans look bad. Then on the flipside the detractors who makes wildly incorrect statements about the character, series, or even the fandom doesn't help matters any. This character is one that attracts a lot of negative attention whenever she's discussed and both sides of the coin with Shantae are at fault and should give it a rest.

This. Also, it's possible that if it's still alive, the Milk-BOTASU rumour is hinting at Shantae's inclusion since Nakoruru (who was initially thought to be the character the rumour was refering to) was disconfirmed during Terry Bogard's trailer.

I'm 99.9% certain that "leak" is fake as hell. Shantae's chances are in the DLC beyond the next Fighter Pass character.
My Smash most wanteds: Shantae and Crash Bandicoot
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: redred17

redred17
4 days ago#32
DuranmanX4 posted...
redred17 posted...
I've played all the games, and they are alright. Shes a bad bandwagon choice people hopped on for multiple, generally s***ty reasons. At least Geno showed up in a Mario game and a good game. That's more than you can say for Shantae.

why are the spirit characters fighting?

I find this to be a really shallow argument, as they could just use a new render as their fighter spirit. Even though it's not consistent or thematically correct, they've already shown with Cloud and the other B&K spirits that they will do this if need be to make things work out. There's absolutely no reason they couldn't do it again for new DLC if they wanted to. They would have to make a new render either way so it would take almost no effort to implement it this way.

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
4 days ago#33
redred17 posted...
DuranmanX4 posted...
redred17 posted...
I've played all the games, and they are alright. Shes a bad bandwagon choice people hopped on for multiple, generally s***ty reasons. At least Geno showed up in a Mario game and a good game. That's more than you can say for Shantae.

why are the spirit characters fighting?

I find this to be a really shallow argument, as they could just use a new render as their fighter spirit. Even though it's not consistent or thematically correct, they've already shown with Cloud and the other B&K spirits that they will do this if need be to make things work out. There's absolutely no reason they couldn't do it again for new DLC if they wanted to. They would have to make a new render either way so it would take almost no effort to implement it this way.

key phrase "if they wanted to"

the characters are spirits because they don't want to
The official Dragon Quest VIII Hero of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate boards
My game collection: https://i.imgtc.ws/mDiH2Jc.jpg https://i.imgtc.ws/kfs7GI8.jpg

User Info: MkayRose1

MkayRose1
4 days ago#34
She's cute, I would be delighted to have her in.
https://imgur.com/a/XQ12R71
https://imgur.com/a/LZdIhVi

User Info: SmashBurb

SmashBurb
4 days ago#35
Never played her games, have no interest in the character, but find her fanbase to be one of the most annoying, delusional, and gullible in Smash, and her creators to be douchebags and borderline creeps (I know I'm gonna get "SHANTAES NOT UNDERAGE" replies, but I legit think Matt Bozon is a loli fetishist or an outright pedophile. Shantae's not the only series they make based around scantily-clad younger looking girls).

Her god awful fandom and Wayforward's embarrassing behavior are enough to make Shantae my least-wanted character in Smash, and she has been ever since the SSB4 ballot.
SmashBurb is like the main antagonist of this site. - DOTBHDD
I think you have a vendetta against the world - NicoRobin007
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: WHATZITUYA

WHATZITUYA
4 days ago#36
DuranmanX4 posted...

...Because only the Fighter Pass planned by the time they were done with the base game. With a limit there was priorities to consider and consolations to hand out.

Shantae was not only one of the last spirits to be added. WayForward happened to be the only third party not represented with a fighter or an assist trophy that snagged a Smash Tag Icon. I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch in case she's a Mii Costume. At the same time, assuming that Shantae can't or even won't be a full fledged fighter is just as unwise at this point.
My Smash most wanteds: Shantae and Crash Bandicoot
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: GrooseKirby

GrooseKirby
4 days ago#37
CrazyDiamondSP posted...
Never played her games, indifferent towards her.
Tracer is not in because Sakurai is already Tracer.

User Info: SmashBurb

SmashBurb
4 days ago#38
WHATZITUYA posted...
DuranmanX4 posted...

...Because only the Fighter Pass planned by the time they were done with the base game. With a limit there was priorities to consider and consolations to hand out.

Shantae was not only one of the last spirits to be added. WayForward happened to be the only third party not represented with a fighter or an assist trophy that snagged a Smash Tag Icon. I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch in case she's a Mii Costume. At the same time, assuming that Shantae can't or even won't be a full fledged fighter is just as unwise at this point.

The idea that they'd make Shovel Knight an Assist Trophy but not Shantae, and then go on to make Shantae a fighter but not Shovel Knight, is f***ing stupid, I'm sorry.

Their respective statuses as far as in-game content goes makes it quite clear that Sakurai and company believe Shovel Knight is a more valuable IP, and if either of them were to get in, Shovel Knight would've been the one.
SmashBurb is like the main antagonist of this site. - DOTBHDD
I think you have a vendetta against the world - NicoRobin007

User Info: FaustodeLuna

FaustodeLuna
4 days ago#39
I love her, i want her in... As simple as that. For anyone else that don't share my opiniĆ³n, i invite you to try one of her games (Half Genie Hero is a good choice to start with), they are pretty good. As for me, now Shantae is what Megaman was for the 90's (sadly, the "blue bomber" it's no longer what he used to be...)
What's worse? To be happy for not knowing you suffer or to suffer for not knowing that you're happy?

User Info: ThePirateEli

ThePirateEli
4 days ago#40
Geminosity posted...
Played her games and wouldn't mind her.
Wouldn't go so far as to say I want her, but if she got on the roster I'd definitely buy her fighter pack and play as her.

--
-
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What is your opinion on shantae?
  • Post New Message