• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Sakurai wants to keep adding characters as long as there's an opportunity

User Info: God0t

God0t
1 week ago#1
https://twitter.com/nokoloc/status/1171820788367986689

Alright boys, how many characters do you think we'll be getting? I think another 5 is a pretty safe bet, but we could actually be getting all 10 placeholder slots filled with how well Ultimate's been doing
Godot (guh-doh)
"The world is filled with those who have said, 'I wish I had never asked that.'" - Diego Armando

User Info: UberPyro64

UberPyro64
1 week ago#2
Yep. There's definitely a second Fighter Pass and perhaps even a third.
Video Games are pretty cool.

User Info: Padraigo52

Padraigo52
1 week ago#3
Considering this will be the last time we will have such a huge and iconic roster. I think they should milk this for as long as possible.
"I didn't think they would eat MY face off"
- Women who voted for Tigers that eat people's faces off.

User Info: sephiroth068

sephiroth068
1 week ago#4
Padraigo52 posted...
Considering this will be the last time we will have such a huge and iconic roster. I think they should milk this for as long as possible.

Agreed.

Doom Slayer for Smash plz. Do that and I'm satisfied with anyone else they add. Isaac, Dante, and Sora would also be awesome to have as well but Doom Slayer is my most wanted
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean - Celestial Damnation

User Info: MrVaidd

MrVaidd
1 week ago#5
is this translator translating something sakurai actually said or is he just saying this himself?
Pick a god and pray.
GT: Cap7ain Ahab | PSN: MrVaidd | NNID: MrVaidd

User Info: UberPyro64

UberPyro64
1 week ago#6
MrVaidd posted...
is this translator translating something Sakurai actually said or is he just saying this himself?

It's from today's Famitsu column. It's from Sakurai himself.
Video Games are pretty cool.

User Info: MrVaidd

MrVaidd
1 week ago#7
UberPyro64 posted...
MrVaidd posted...
is this translator translating something Sakurai actually said or is he just saying this himself?

oh there seem to be two translators then? i saw the first guy PushDustIn, but then this other guy Kody is the one who made the specific tweet TC is talking about.
Pick a god and pray.
GT: Cap7ain Ahab | PSN: MrVaidd | NNID: MrVaidd

User Info: God0t

God0t
1 week ago#8
MrVaidd posted...
UberPyro64 posted...
MrVaidd posted...

oh there seem to be two translators then? i saw the first guy PushDustIn, but then this other guy Kody is the one who made the specific tweet TC is talking about.

Pushdustin and this guy translated the article together.
Godot (guh-doh)
"The world is filled with those who have said, 'I wish I had never asked that.'" - Diego Armando

User Info: uberking422

uberking422
1 week ago#9
MrVaidd posted...
UberPyro64 posted...
MrVaidd posted...

PD said he was working with the other guy to translate the article.

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
1 week ago#10
At the very most, we'll reach 100 Fighters. So 20 more at the most.

Realistically, maybe around 5-10. The Switch isn't going to die anytime soon and they're not gonna make another Smash for the console. So they'll keep supporting this one till Nintendo decide to announce the Switch U or something.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Sakurai wants to keep adding characters as long as there's an opportunity
  • Topic Archived