• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What "history" does Golden Sun have that makes it worthy of Smash?

User Info: mew2ds

mew2ds
5 days ago#21
Dragonage2ftw posted...
SmashBurb posted...
No disrespect to Banjo, but GS' "history" is pretty much the same.

Fondly-remembered series that was around for a brief period of time.

If Banjo could get in, there's no real, valid argument against Isaac.

Banjo represents Rare, one of the biggest companies in gaming history.

Next.

Yeah... because that's why he got in smash, and no other reason. Hahaha
The difference between reality and fiction is that fiction has to make sense

User Info: MagnusDJL

MagnusDJL
5 days ago#22
I mean, the first 2 games sold pretty well on the GBA, both being a million sellers, and both are probably some of the more fondly remembered games on the system. The Golden Sun games were a significant part of the GBA, and were even advertised on the back of GBA boxes.

The way I see it, if we can get characters that were significant from really old systems such as the NES, G&W, or N64, or significant to more recent systems with the 3DS, Wii U, or Switch, then why not a character/series that was significant to a more "inbetween times" system like the GBA?

User Info: mew2ds

mew2ds
5 days ago#23
MagnusDJL posted...
I mean, the first 2 games sold pretty well on the GBA, both being a million sellers, and both are probably some of the more fondly remembered games on the system. The Golden Sun games were a significant part of the GBA, and were even advertised on the back of GBA boxes.

The way I see it, if we can get characters that were significant from really old systems such as the NES, G&W, or N64, or significant to more recent systems with the 3DS, Wii U, or Switch, then why not a character/series that was significant to a more "inbetween times" system like the GBA?

This
The difference between reality and fiction is that fiction has to make sense

User Info: Spikyschlong

Spikyschlong
5 days ago#24
Dragonage2ftw posted...
SmashBurb posted...

Next.

maximum cope

User Info: SmashBurb

SmashBurb
5 days ago#25
Dragonage2ftw posted...
SmashBurb posted...

Next.

lmfao

Rare wasn't even one of the "biggest companies in gaming history" when they were in their prime. What the f*** are you talking about, man?
SmashBurb is like the main antagonist of this site. - DOTBHDD
I think you have a vendetta against the world - NicoRobin007

User Info: Dragonage2ftw

Dragonage2ftw
5 days ago#26
mew2ds posted...
Dragonage2ftw posted...
SmashBurb posted...

Next.

Yeah... because that's why he got in smash, and no other reason. Hahaha

It’s a part of it.
Official Yu Narukami, Incineroar, Parasoul, Sombra, Black Widow, RE5 Jill, Kaede Akamatsu, Kamala Khan, Rehgar, Orisa, R.Mika, 2B, and Power Girl everywhere.

User Info: SirRobX

SirRobX
5 days ago#27
Dragonage2ftw posted...
You missed the Sakurai interview where he said it's a celebration of gaming as a whole, huh?

@SirRobX

Speaking of, I got Dark Dawn the other day.

Holy f***, is it a slog. Like, the gameplay is fun-it's braindead easy, but fun-but holy s***, is there a lot of talk about nothing and needless padding.
Smash is VERY far from being a 'celebration of gaming as a whole' even if that's what Sakurai believes the game to be. It's a Nintendo game first and foremost and it will ALWAYS be a Nintendo game because Nintendo is the company that is funding it. The games are exclusively on Nintendo consoles. The vast majority of the cast is Nintendo characters. Characters from less popular Nintendo titles have been included. Ice Climbers, F-Zero, Star Fox, Fire Emblem, none of those pale in comparison to games like Call of Duty or Need for Speed, and yet the former were included in the game while the latter have zero acknowledgement. Because the former are Nintendo series. And it is absolutely unfair to say that Golden Sun doesn't deserve to be represented on the roster, because it is a Nintendo brand that arguably the majority of Nintendo fans have had exposure to and has a sizable fan base.
Pokemon GO: 8973-4950-4215 / Fire Emblem Heroes: 193-150-4677
Switch: https://i.imgtc.ws/q82EzDw.jpg

User Info: Dragonage2ftw

Dragonage2ftw
5 days ago#28
SirRobX posted...
Dragonage2ftw posted...
You missed the Sakurai interview where he said it's a celebration of gaming as a whole, huh?

@SirRobX

Speaking of, I got Dark Dawn the other day.

Holy f***, is it a slog. Like, the gameplay is fun-it's braindead easy, but fun-but holy s***, is there a lot of talk about nothing and needless padding.

I know better than the creator of Smash, guys! Totally!

FTFY.
Official Yu Narukami, Incineroar, Parasoul, Sombra, Black Widow, RE5 Jill, Kaede Akamatsu, Kamala Khan, Rehgar, Orisa, R.Mika, 2B, and Power Girl everywhere.
Since when does a character need to turn the entire industry upside down to get in Smash? Joker didn’t do that.
Supporting Ashley for Smash til the day I die. Or the day she's added. So basically the day I die.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg

User Info: Bob-omb-omb

Bob-omb-omb
5 days ago#30
It revolutionized the JRPG genre. If you can't see that, then you're dead to me.
10th enemy has the bomb.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What "history" does Golden Sun have that makes it worthy of Smash?
  • Post New Message