• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Sora fans is there something holding your support back?

User Info: JudgeGeno

JudgeGeno
5 days ago#31
Sora ain’t getting in Smash.

Not before Geno.

User Info: pwiggler

pwiggler
5 days ago#32
JudgeGeno posted...

Not before Geno.

I would argue the contrary, at the BARE minimum, sora had a franchise

User Info: 1499

5 days ago#33
Magitek111 posted...
Disney. That is all. Do you want content suddenly yanked away?

How are there so many people quoting this? You'd have to be a dumbf*** to think Nintendo would be okay with putting Sora in with a ridiculous stipulation like this.
Official Richter Belmont of the Smash Ultimate Board.
#1 Supporter of Monster Hunter for Smash Ultimate. https://discord.gg/ddjEsYz

User Info: mew2ds

mew2ds
5 days ago#34
Xfma100 posted...
NintenEdgymaan posted...
Imagine actually liking Kindom Hearts. Goofy is like "Guhhuh Sora we gotta murder Sephiroth!" And Donald is like "Wee gotta stop ztha heartless!" Then Goofy almost dies and Mickey puts on his hood and says "Theyll pay for this" like why?

I enjoy it the same way I enjoy similar trash like Fire Emblem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Kid Icarus, Metal Gear, Pokemon, Persona, Final Fantasy, Star Fox, etc.
Or are you implying all of those series aren't filled with memeworthy or cringeworthy moments?

I think thats just a videogame thing in general
The difference between reality and fiction is that fiction has to make sense

User Info: CrazyDiamondSP

CrazyDiamondSP
5 days ago#35
Lm03 posted...
i hear tons of people hating on Sora just because hes related to Disney, but never specify what exactly is wrong about putting the name Disney in a credits scene in Smash...

that said, realistically speaking, getting Sora in smash is probably the toughest process for Sakurai, because dealing with SE during Cloud and Hero was hard enough, now imagine them + Disney.

Lm03 posted...
i hear tons of people hating on Sora just because hes related to Disney, but never specify what exactly is wrong about putting the name Disney in a credits scene in Smash...

that said, realistically speaking, getting Sora in smash is probably the toughest process for Sakurai, because dealing with SE during Cloud and Hero was hard enough, now imagine them + Disney.

Yeah this is pretty much the most based argument ive heard in regards to the whole difficulty of getting Sora on board, having to get permission from disney to then have SE help on the development side of things must be a hard and lengthy process.
Smash ultimate wishlist: Sora, funky kong echo. Smash dreams come true: Joker, Banjo&Kazooie, Shulk
Nonwanted characters: Geno, Lloyd(alone),Solaire(alone)

User Info: Apolion13

Apolion13
5 days ago#36
OK, I don't know why some people are still saying Disney is the problem if they explicitly said they are ok with Sora in Smash as long as Nintendo approaches them first, arguments like "for this to happen, Disney must buy Nintendo" but what kind of nonsense is that?! It's not the same negotiating for characters in movies with characters in videogames, if that was the case we wouldn't have Sora and more KH characters in other games outside KH, the argument with WOFF, that decision was made by Nomura, not Disney, it was never meant to last forever, Disney has the rights for Sora but they never do something with the character before consulting to Nomura, they wanna stay in good terms with him and I'm pretty sure they know our support for the character with so many polls showing how popular and demanded he is
#Sora4Smash

CrazyDiamondSP
5 days ago#37
Nes_Mettaur posted...
Selt_Jr422 posted...
Tomasagaz14 posted...
Why everyone says that Disney holds it back? It was stated that Disney would like Sora in Smash, and how many Disney games are in Nintendo consoles already but Disney still hasn't bought Nintendo? Why would it change now with Smash?

I'm curious too actually. I'm guessing "cause people said so" or something. When again, Disney said they'd love Sora in Smash.

The main precedent is the Kingdom Hearts content in World of Final Fantasy being DLC that after a time got pulled completely, meaning only the people who already had it can use it.

Aside from that there's also the KH collab stuff in Record Keeper which... well, mobile game crossover stuff in general is always timed but this one sticks out because any screen that used KH assets had Disney's copyright in the corner

Ah yes, this one is also one of the classics ive heard around, this kind of thing is pretty common place too but somehow when related to disney it suddenly means that disney is impossibly hard to deal with or some BS.

For instance Yokai Watch content got pulled from FFXIV(yes another SE franchise) does that mean Level 5 is impossibly difficult to deal with? Not at all, it was just another timed deal, once again citing FFXIV as an example garo content is set to be pulled once we get patch 5.1, does that mean TV tokyo is hard to deal with? Nope, just more timed deals, thats how common place they are.
Smash ultimate wishlist: Sora, funky kong echo. Smash dreams come true: Joker, Banjo&Kazooie, Shulk

User Info: Grunfit

Grunfit
5 days ago#38
JudgeGeno posted...

Not before Geno.

LMAO, Geno fans always say this s***.
"Cloud, or any other SE character is not getting in, not before Geno"
"If we ever get a 2nd SE rep, it will obviously be Geno"
And they always get BTFO.
On topic, I'm surprised people are too afraid of Disney, Sora getting in Smash is not gonna give Disney full control over the game, they would only have authority when it comes to KH content.

User Info: Tomasagaz14

Tomasagaz14
5 days ago#39
JudgeGeno posted...

Not before Geno.
Loool, guess which character is bigger, more relevant, more popular and more requested? Sora.
Official Mr. Who Would Win.

CrazyDiamondSP
5 days ago#40
Grunfit posted...
JudgeGeno posted...

Not before Geno.

LMAO, Geno fans always say this s***.
"Cloud, or any other SE character is not getting in, not before Geno"
"If we ever get a 2nd SE rep, it will obviously be Geno"
And they always get BTFO.

On topic, I'm surprised people are too afraid of Disney, Sora getting in Smash is not gonna give Disney full control over the game, they would only have authority when it comes to KH content.

Pretty much this, apparently no SE character is a threat to Geno in anyway but he's been snubbed twice already, but hey now that DQ and FF are finally out of the way Geno's got his way clear right.....?
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Sora fans is there something holding your support back?
  • Topic Archived