• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Sora fans is there something holding your support back?

User Info: CrazyDiamondSP

CrazyDiamondSP
5 days ago#21
https://i.imgtc.ws/ZjXP8GC.jpg

This is totally and absolutely disney's fault, people would have you believe this.
Smash ultimate wishlist: Sora, funky kong echo. Smash dreams come true: Joker, Banjo&Kazooie, Shulk
Nonwanted characters: Geno, Lloyd(alone),Solaire(alone)

User Info: Nes_Mettaur

Nes_Mettaur
5 days ago#22
Selt_Jr422 posted...
Tomasagaz14 posted...
Why everyone says that Disney holds it back? It was stated that Disney would like Sora in Smash, and how many Disney games are in Nintendo consoles already but Disney still hasn't bought Nintendo? Why would it change now with Smash?

I'm curious too actually. I'm guessing "cause people said so" or something. When again, Disney said they'd love Sora in Smash.

The main precedent is the Kingdom Hearts content in World of Final Fantasy being DLC that after a time got pulled completely, meaning only the people who already had it can use it.

Aside from that there's also the KH collab stuff in Record Keeper which... well, mobile game crossover stuff in general is always timed but this one sticks out because any screen that used KH assets had Disney's copyright in the corner
Official Dr. Mario of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
5 days ago#23
CrazyDiamondSP posted...

This is totally and absolutely disney's fault, people would have you believe this.

...Do you even listen??
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde/Seth/Linne team (BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle), Goku SS/Vegeta SS (FZ).

User Info: CrazyDiamondSP

CrazyDiamondSP
5 days ago#24
Blayshy posted...
CrazyDiamondSP posted...

...Do you even listen??

Do you? I pretty much acknowledge your point and add to it that the game itself was ass and you rebuke back with the same point, so I show you a picture from a capcom character in the game to try to get my point across that capcom has as much fault for that game being ass.
Smash ultimate wishlist: Sora, funky kong echo. Smash dreams come true: Joker, Banjo&Kazooie, Shulk
Nonwanted characters: Geno, Lloyd(alone),Solaire(alone)

User Info: Gaijin

Gaijin
5 days ago#25
inb4: "It's because Disney lost interest in video games.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/disney-to-sell-one-of-its-last-big-gaming-studios-/1100-6469766/
See?"

User Info: Thr33Stocked

Thr33Stocked
5 days ago#26
The fact that Nintendo has to deal with SE and Disney is a bit iffy

User Info: Pokesamus217

Pokesamus217
5 days ago#27
Blayshy posted...
CrazyDiamondSP posted...
Blayshy posted...
^Disney pulled many games back when they weren't interested. Also, MvCI was a disaster, mostly thanks to them.

Disney's only fault in MvCI stems from characters belonging to them not making it in, the game itself was ass and the fault of that rests with capcom.

Dude, they asked for Capcom to not have THEIR characters being harmed in any of the MvCI trailers. Also, THEY were the ones to choose the Marvel characters, not Capcom.

And it was Capcom who gave the developers a shoe strong budget, which lead to a weak presentation, bad story, and they were the ones who decided to cut characters to add them as DLC.

Only thing Disney did that was detrimental to the game itself was push for the MCU focused Marvel side, everything else was Capcom’s fault.
Unlimited Blade Works. For whenever you need to kill a guy with an ego the size of Canada.

User Info: Slime

Slime
5 days ago#28
Magitek111 posted...
Disney. That is all. Do you want content suddenly yanked away?

I hope that you realize he'd never get in at all if the terms of the contract would allow this to happen
A Slime draws near! Command?

User Info: Lm03

Lm03
5 days ago#29
i hear tons of people hating on Sora just because hes related to Disney, but never specify what exactly is wrong about putting the name Disney in a credits scene in Smash...

that said, realistically speaking, getting Sora in smash is probably the toughest process for Sakurai, because dealing with SE during Cloud and Hero was hard enough, now imagine them + Disney.

User Info: Selt_Jr422

Selt_Jr422
5 days ago#30
Lm03 posted...
i hear tons of people hating on Sora just because hes related to Disney, but never specify what exactly is wrong about putting the name Disney in a credits scene in Smash...

that said, realistically speaking, getting Sora in smash is probably the toughest process for Sakurai, because dealing with SE during Cloud and Hero was hard enough, now imagine them + Disney.

Lol I would love Disney in Smash. Sora should have Donald and Goofy for his final smash doing a Trinity limit and you hear their voices. Just to piss people off who hate Disney.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Sora fans is there something holding your support back?
  • Topic Archived