• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is there a non-video game character you'd make an exception for?

User Info: Linkisahero

Linkisahero
4 weeks ago#11
Geralt if he counts as one.

User Info: Lord__Xander

Lord__Xander
4 weeks ago#12
Characters that originated from a different media but are mainly known for their video games. Only character I know who fits this though is Geralt

User Info: _LouieG_

_LouieG_
4 weeks ago#13
battletreewoes posted...
I'd make an exception for Hatsune Miku.

User Info: PacificFun

PacificFun
4 weeks ago#14
I wanna see Kiki The Witch beat the s*** out of Inkling. I also wanna see Arrittey beat the living s*** out of Olimar.
FYI: I'm a downer.

User Info: LeonMitarashi

LeonMitarashi
4 weeks ago#15
So far, only a Marvel superhero. Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine or Spidey would fit well.
Videogames that need to be made:
Mega Man X9, Guilty Gear x BlazBlue, F-Zero Switch, Nintendo vs Capcom.

User Info: quinfordmac

quinfordmac
4 weeks ago#16
DarkECOJak posted...
Having a non-gaming character kind of defeats the purpose a game about gaming icons. The whole point is video game worlds colliding, not universes from everywhere crossing over.
At this point I don't really care about what the "point" of Smash is. People used to have this arbitrary rule of it being exclusive to "Nintendo's Greatest", a rule that lost any value the moment Solid Snake debuted. And the series has definitely benefited from going away from that.

For that reason, I'm not opposed to the "video game character only" rule being taken away. Spider-Man for Smash
What would $1,000 do for you? Yang 2020

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
4 weeks ago#17
quinfordmac posted...
People used to have this arbitrary rule of it being exclusive to "Nintendo's Greatest", a rule that lost any value the moment Solid Snake debuted

you mean when Ice Climbers and Roy debuted
The official Dragon Quest VIII Hero of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate boards
My game collection: https://i.imgtc.ws/mDiH2Jc.jpg https://i.imgtc.ws/kfs7GI8.jpg

User Info: Kirbulant

Kirbulant
4 weeks ago#18
Whats-his-face from Yu-Gi-Oh!
The Keeper of Reaction Images
Firm supporter of: Bandana Dee, Axel Stone, Gallade, and Steve

User Info: CheerUpCrewcut

CheerUpCrewcut
4 weeks ago#19
Any Vocaloids, and Clippy from Microsoft Word. If Geralt counts, him too. My most wanted list would probably eventually hit a point where s*** like Ken Midori, Bobby Singer, and Nepeta Leijon would be on it but I don't think they should ever be in objectively speaking, I just personally think it'd be cool.

DuranmanX4 posted...
quinfordmac posted...
People used to have this arbitrary rule of it being exclusive to "Nintendo's Greatest", a rule that lost any value the moment Solid Snake debuted

you mean when Ice Climbers and Roy debuted

You mean Ness
Official Honey Dakimakura of Smashfaqs
Hi senok, notok, Jedimess, Tinfoil, Cameron, Mace, Merp, Colette, mark, SSP, jkid etc: https://i.imgtc.ws/Hy5HPvb.png

User Info: ObeseCity

ObeseCity
4 weeks ago#20
I think the one that would make the most sense would be a Nintendo bigwig, but Iwata is Dead, Reggie retired, Miyamoto is losing influence at Nintendo, and Sakurai himself would probably feel he would be blowing himself if he added himself (ow my head)

I guess I could accept any non-video game character if they were proven to be a one-and-done thing. I’d choose Spongebob, Popeye (I wanna f***ing clap some cheeks with Spinach power), James Bond, Darth Vader, Spider-Man, Batman, and the like. DBZ doesn’t do anything for me.

When it comes to actual historical figures I say it kinda depends. Oda Nobunaga could kinda pass but he would be obscure everywhere besides Japan. They also seem to want Saber, who is female King Arthur. Also Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, Muhammad Ali, and Gandhi would be too OP.

If anything I think any character that kinda fits this bill is some kind of video game adaptation of a mythological figure.

Odin for Smash!
Official Dunban Rojo and Herobrine of the Smash Ultimate Board
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is there a non-video game character you'd make an exception for?
  • Topic Archived