• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Sakurai was given a list of characters to pick, extra DLC uses same list again.

User Info: _LouieG_

_LouieG_
4 days ago#51
SneakyPebbles posted...
Did it say it was the same list?

The article and translation said nothing about it, OP is trying to stir drama and/or push their own agenda. Fact of the matter is we have no idea, and there's nothing directly here that contradicts the idea of first party characters or series.

I would say that based on the direction Sakurai and presumably Nintendo want to take it's less likely that a character would be added from a series already represented in Smash. That being said, nothing confirms it to be entirely out of the picture. Personally if there was a first party character I would assume it be from an unrepresented series like Rhythm Heaven or a bankable new IP like Astral Chain (which is like, second party kinda? It's a weird case isn't it).

User Info: gee_willikers

gee_willikers
4 days ago#52
That collaborations part sounds like more third party to me.

User Info: WHATZITUYA

WHATZITUYA
4 days ago#53
Vibi posted...
Metagross15 posted...
Welp, Geno, Rayman, Shantae, Heihachi, Lloyd and Monster Hunter are all dead, again.

We are most likely going to get even more third party characters new to the franchise.

Lloyd isn’t first party.

None of them are.
My Smash most wanteds: Shantae and Crash Bandicoot

User Info: WeaverSerawl

WeaverSerawl
4 days ago#54
*sigh*....

Well I'm not buying the DLC
Bertha Hippo for Super Smash Bros. on Switch!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCZQHxDZmCk&t=3s
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Sakurai was given a list of characters to pick, extra DLC uses same list again.
  • Topic Archived