• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Sakurai was given a list of characters to pick, extra DLC uses same list again.

User Info: SneakyPebbles

SneakyPebbles
4 days ago#11
BanjoBoomer posted...
Can't wait to see how people will contort themselves to argue that Geno and Waluigi still have a chance.

But you see, Waluigi is a very valuable character to Nintendo, as evidenced by facts. And Geno is like their long lost child whom they pine over every day
Slayer of Charizards

User Info: Febrel

Febrel
4 days ago#12
lol

Dunno why they're even bothering with new DLC then. These next 3rd party characters weren't even good enough for Fighter Pass 1. They can't match Banjo. It's just going to be a steady hype decline.

Nintendo should let Sakurai rest.

(btw the Twitter links say nothing about a list)
No quote.

User Info: Kirbulant

Kirbulant
4 days ago#13
Well there goes Bandana Dee... but maybe Steve!
The Keeper of Reaction Images
The mortal enemy of many. Who? I don't know

User Info: Febrel

Febrel
4 days ago#14
Oh wait this topic is clickbait, the article is just saying that Nintendo chose the next set of DLC.

Literally nothing about "Nintendo gave Sakurai a list for the Fighter Pass and now they're using the same list for the next set of DLC."

Fake news.
No quote.

User Info: Vibi

Vibi
4 days ago#15
Metagross15 posted...
Welp, Geno, Rayman, Shantae, Heihachi, Lloyd and Monster Hunter are all dead, again.

We are most likely going to get even more third party characters new to the franchise.

Lloyd isn’t first party.
Make your life better by listening to this: https://youtu.be/IcseamG7ReY

User Info: Jetsurge

Jetsurge
4 days ago#16
Yeah basically the reason Sakurai is continuing is so that he can stuff the game full of the most amount of 3rd parties possible so it can be the biggest gaming crossover probably forever
Switch FC: SW-2536-8732-7990
3DS FC: 2277-6791-0925

User Info: A_Field_Lover

A_Field_Lover
4 days ago#17
Febrel posted...
Oh wait this topic is clickbait, the article is just saying that Nintendo chose the next set of DLC.

Literally nothing about "Nintendo gave Sakurai a list for the Fighter Pass and now they're using the same list for the next set of DLC."

Fake news.

Still though, there's major news from this. Sakurai wants collaborations and the "new worlds will come to Smash and I want to improve upon this record" in his video presentation basically confirms 90% of the DLC content is third parties.
Nerd girl who's passionate, Bandana Dee for Smash!
#1 Assist Trophy, Galeem, Lonato & FE Echoes Lover! F to Geno, BWD + Isaac. Hero's in!

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
4 days ago#18
Vibi posted...
Metagross15 posted...
Welp, Geno, Rayman, Shantae, Heihachi, Lloyd and Monster Hunter are all dead, again.

We are most likely going to get even more third party characters new to the franchise.

Lloyd isn’t first party.

none of those are first party
The official Dragon Quest VIII Hero of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate boards
My game collection: https://i.imgtc.ws/mDiH2Jc.jpg https://i.imgtc.ws/kfs7GI8.jpg

User Info: Duli7

Duli7
4 days ago#19
Febrel posted...
lol

Dunno why they're even bothering with new DLC then. These next 3rd party characters weren't even good enough for Fighter Pass 1. They can't match Banjo. It's just going to be a steady hype decline.

Nintendo should let Sakurai rest.

(btw the Twitter links say nothing about a list)

Yet banjo was the most boring pick for me, while all other 3rd parties where really great picks. But i agre3 sakurai needs rest

User Info: SenselessBreak

SenselessBreak
4 days ago#20
A_Field_Lover posted...
Febrel posted...

Fake news.

Still though, there's major news from this. Sakurai wants collaborations and the "new worlds will come to Smash and I want to improve upon this record" in his video presentation basically confirms 90% of the DLC content is third parties.

Pushdustin confirmed thats not what Sakurai said in Japanese. Here is a better translation.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1169409252403769344

"just by adding one character, we can expand the world of Smash".

So 1st parties of existing series are 100% viable
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Sakurai was given a list of characters to pick, extra DLC uses same list again.
  • Topic Archived