• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Anybody else play Tatsunoko vs Capcom?

User Info: Atmaboy

Atmaboy
1 week ago#1
I feel like this game is virtually an urban legend as no one I’ve ever met has played it besides me, but I absolutely love that game. For those who aren’t familiar its part of the capcom vs series, but is essentially a slightly simplified MvC3 with a 2v2 format and a batsh** insane roster of sentai and early anime Shōnen heroes and villains along with the usual capcom suspects: Ryuu, Chunli, Mega Man (Legends), Morrigan, VJ, etc. It was very Japanese and very glorious. 2 of the characters were gigantic screen-filling robots that counted as 2 characters, and me and a friend would just play them for hours duking it out.

Anyway I’ve been thinking about which characters would be awesome smash fighters. And there’s a lot to choose from. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatsunoko_vs._Capcom:_Ultimate_All-Stars
I know a lot of these characters are foreign to a lot of you, but there’s plenty of recognizable names too.
Personally, my top 3 would be

Jun the Swan (my main and a super fun character with exploding yo-yos!)
Zero - his move set is nearly identical to MvC3 and would translate very well to smash. Plus Zero is just a badass.
Viewtiful Joe - he seems downright perfect for smash. Wacky action hero with his on catch phrase and ties to Nintendo.

Honorable Mention: Gold Lightan
One of the giant robots I mentioned. He’s actually a giant golden lighter that does wrestling moves. The most japanese thing ever.
"Because...justice?" - Arthur

User Info: FireBall2645

FireBall2645
1 week ago#2
God I hated Zero in that game
The Hills are alive with the silence of a Ninja
Wonderful 102 will happen "The impossible is possible when you're Wonderful Baby!"

User Info: VeridisQuo

VeridisQuo
1 week ago#3
My mains are Yatterman-1, and alternating between Chun Li and Jun the Swan.
No time for losers, cause we are the champions.

User Info: Niconiconico

Niconiconico
1 week ago#4
I loved it. I forget if I still own it, but it’s one of my favorite fighting games.

Atmaboy
1 week ago#5
Niconiconico posted...
I loved it. I forget if I still own it, but it’s one of my favorite fighting games.

I know! Sometimes I have to reassure my self I hadn’t dreamed it up by checking that it’s sitting on my big shelf of games with the other Wii games.

User Info: perfectchaos83

perfectchaos83
1 week ago#6
I typically used a combination of Frank West, Yatterman-2 and Roll.
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/The_Dude_PC83.png

Atmaboy
1 week ago#7
VeridisQuo posted...
My mains are Yatterman-1, and alternating between Chun Li and Jun the Swan.

Man yatterman-1 was super annoying to fight. My friend would pick him sometimes and it felt like total trolling xD.

User Info: CriticalFury

CriticalFury
1 week ago#8
I use to main Chun-Li and Roll. I always loved the baroque system from that game. Sacrificing red health for combo extending was a pretty cool feature. A character from that game that would benefit smash could definitely be Viewtiful Joe. Could you imagine if his final smash he could manipulate time to make himself go fast or slow motion like in his games.
"They say I can't lose, I say you can't win."- Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!

Atmaboy
1 week ago#9
FireBall2645 posted...
God I hated Zero in that game

Care to explain?

Atmaboy
1 week ago#10
perfectchaos83 posted...
I typically used a combination of Frank West, Yatterman-2 and Roll.

I absolutely applaud TvC for including roll in a fighting game, but I sucked when playing her other than spamming heals.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Anybody else play Tatsunoko vs Capcom?
  • Topic Archived