• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I'm incredibly happy with Banjo AMA

User Info: AttackUp

AttackUp
1 week ago#21
Here's another TC: what did you think of Grunty's Furnace Fun and how does it compare to the Quiz game in Tooie?
Favorite RPGs are the Chrono, Earthbound, and Lunar series. Also a huge fan of Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie/DK64 and many other games.

User Info: PavakaSword

PavakaSword
1 week ago#22
@AttackUp posted...
Here's another TC: what did you think of Grunty's Furnace Fun and how does it compare to the Quiz game in Tooie?

I wouldn't say the Tower of Tragedy so much harder as it is "competitive". Now you have someone to face off against to get the right answer. It's a little more pressing to buzz in and know the answer but not by much. They're both almost equal in what they were going for but I'd have to give the edge to Kazooie for being more interactive despite the risk being lower. Being able to choose what square you could do next lent itself better than a trivia style "answer before someone else does"
Tactics best the are tactics FEAR
I need to play with my weedle to make it kakuna and beedrill something

User Info: Jazzles

Jazzles
1 week ago#23
Jazzles posted...
Where are the jiggies at?

Im just going to drop this here.
Lets put a smile on that face :)

User Info: MkayRose1

MkayRose1
1 week ago#24
If you like any of their alts, which one is your favorite?

What's a good group name for my top sig?
https://imgur.com/a/XQ12R71
https://imgur.com/a/LZdIhVi

PavakaSword
1 week ago#25
Jazzles posted...
Jazzles posted...
Where are the jiggies at?

Im just going to drop this here.

I answered you, my friend, it's post 12. @Jazzles

MkayRose1 posted...
If you like any of their alts, which one is your favorite?

What's a good group name for my top sig?

My favorite is the red Banjo and Purple Kazooie alt. The reverse clothes scheme looks really good and I happen to like the colors red. Purple works out perfectly because that's my girlfriend's favorite color.

Edit: I forgot to answer your second question, my mistake.
Dainty Delinquents?
Rowdy Rascals?
(No alliteration) Quaint Critters?
joke one I couldn't help after saying it out loud: Crazy Lesbians
@MkayRose1

AttackUp
1 week ago#26
Which versions of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie did you play and which did you prefer? N64 or Xbox?
Favorite RPGs are the Chrono, Earthbound, and Lunar series. Also a huge fan of Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie/DK64 and many other games.

PavakaSword
1 week ago#27
AttackUp posted...
Which versions of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie did you play and which did you prefer? N64 or Xbox?

I played on the original N64. I still have the games in my closet along with the system too. I didn't mind the slow down the game had as it never impacted me enough to matter but the "superior" version to play is the Xbox One. I haven't done so myself, so maybe I'm wrong but the idea of an older game not running slower on newer hardware doesn't sound too far fetched.

AttackUp
1 week ago#28
PavakaSword posted...
AttackUp posted...

I played on the original N64. I still have the games in my closet along with the system too. I didn't mind the slow down the game had as it never impacted me enough to matter but the "superior" version to play is the Xbox One. I haven't done so myself, so maybe I'm wrong but the idea of an older game not running slower on newer hardware doesn't sound too far fetched.

I've played and beaten the n64 and Xbox port of Banjo-Kazooie and the n64 original of Banjo-Tooie.

I'm with you in that the slowdown didn't bother me at all but I suppose a steady frame-rate, HD resolution, and better draw distance is an improvement! On the flip-side the HUD graphics and controls take a nose-dive (other than camera movement) and the music is off-sync in certain cutscenes due to loading faster

PavakaSword
1 week ago#29
AttackUp posted...
PavakaSword posted...
AttackUp posted...

I've played and beaten the n64 and Xbox port of Banjo-Kazooie and the n64 original of Banjo-Tooie.

I'm with you in that the slowdown didn't bother me at all but I suppose a steady frame-rate, HD resolution, and better draw distance is an improvement! On the flip-side the HUD graphics and controls take a nose-dive (other than camera movement) and the music is off-sync in certain cutscenes due to loading faster

Are the controls worse from improper input or are the dead zones for certain presses and movements not synced properly? I thought the hud looked prettier without impacting too much, what specifically stood out to make you think they did worse in that regard?

AttackUp
1 week ago#30
PavakaSword posted...
AttackUp posted...
PavakaSword posted...
AttackUp posted...

Are the controls worse from improper input or are the dead zones for certain presses and movements not synced properly? I thought the hud looked prettier without impacting too much, what specifically stood out to make you think they did worse in that regard?

It's the Banjo-Kazooie face and expressions that are much worse in the Xbox port. They re-did the HUD but it just plain looks ugly in comparision and I'm not the only one who thinks this based on various forums and posts I've seen. Not a huge deal and easily ignored but it is a point against it.

As for the controls, I just like the N64 controls better is all. I feel they match the game better. For example, using golden feathers in the Xbox port requires holding L/R + Right on the Right Thumbstick making it awkward. On the plus side the camera movement is better and isn't "fixed" at set points anymore. I didn't really notice a dead-zone issue, just a preference for the original control scheme.

I'll also add that they shove Nuts & Bolts references into the ending/Stop-N-Swop instead of teasing Banjo-Tooie like in the original which I didn't like.

Oh and while I'm at it, I'm one of the few people that prefers collected notes being a high-score system instead of switching it to being like Banjo-Tooie because it adds challenge and replayability to stages like Rusty Bucket Bay
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I'm incredibly happy with Banjo AMA
  • Topic Archived