• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Full DLC of 15-Fighter Series Pack's, Mii Costume Lineup & 5-DLC Echoes

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
4 weeks ago#201
But Smash isn't just about the movesets...
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde/Seth/Linne team (BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle), Goku SS/Vegeta SS (FZ).

User Info: ZaketoX2

ZaketoX2
4 weeks ago#202
Blayshy posted...
Thanks for dodging the argument totally.

I don't get what your point is. That we should want Resident Evil characters to fill up the roster and become hated like Fire Emblem when there's an easier solution at hand?

If they only added one RE character it would be a bummer to people who liked the other ones, there isn't really a main protagonist in Resident Evil and the control scheme and playstyle is so similar between the main characters that people really would not give a s***. "Oh Jill doesn't slashes with the knife instead of stabbing?" Nobody would care. "Chris' back throw is a suplex? Only Leon did that." Nobody would care.

Just like nobody cares that Dragon Quest 3 Hero can use Magic Burst when it wasn't introduced till a later game.

If the option was "Only DQ 11 Hero is going to be in, sorry the characters are too different and have different spells it wouldn't work" it would be less cool then "hey we realize nobody actually gives a s*** about tiny differences like that and would rather give people what they want."

They arn't going to add a bunch of resident evil characters if they do add one, better to please as many people as possible then "sorry this needs to be perfect 1:1", especially when characters in Resident Evil go through so many changes from game to game.

User Info: TCoolio

TCoolio
4 weeks ago#203
ZaketoX2 posted...
Blayshy posted...
Thanks for dodging the argument totally.

I don't get what your point is. That we should want Resident Evil characters to fill up the roster and become hated like Fire Emblem when there's an easier solution at hand?

If they only added one RE character it would be a bummer to people who liked the other ones, there isn't really a main protagonist in Resident Evil and the control scheme and playstyle is so similar between the main characters that people really would not give a s***. "Oh Jill doesn't slashes with the knife instead of stabbing?" Nobody would care. "Chris' back throw is a suplex? Only Leon did that." Nobody would care.

Just like nobody cares that Dragon Quest 3 Hero can use Magic Burst when it wasn't introduced till a later game.

If the option was "Only DQ 11 Hero is going to be in, sorry the characters are too different and have different spells it wouldn't work" it would be less cool then "hey we realize nobody actually gives a s*** about tiny differences like that and would rather give people what they want."

They arn't going to add a bunch of resident evil characters if they do add one, better to please as many people as possible then "sorry this needs to be perfect 1:1", especially when characters in Resident Evil go through so many changes from game to game.

https://i.imgtc.ws/HzeIcVD.gif
The Anarchist that proved that Banjo-Kazooie is Super Smash Bros Ultimate Bound and Steve is Not. You can call me the Nostradamus of Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Blayshy
4 weeks ago#204
Of course you would asskiss anyone agreeing with you, how subtle.

At this point, it's like talking to a wall and you don't want anyone to disagree, which is a horrible mindset.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde/Seth/Linne team (BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle), Goku SS/Vegeta SS (FZ).

User Info: perfectchaos83

perfectchaos83
4 weeks ago#205
I love how he's still peddling this RE alt idea.

Shame he doesn't get why it's stupid and will never work with Sakurai at the helm.
Blazblue Main and Subs
http://i.imgur.com/05lRF8f.png

Blayshy
4 weeks ago#206
^He's probably one of those guys who wanted all the Echos to be transformed into alts.

User Info: TsunamiFox

TsunamiFox
4 weeks ago#207
ZaketoX2 posted...
Blayshy posted...
By the same logic, Mario and Luigi should just be one slot and have Luigi being the alt. Because, after all, they mostly can use the same abilities in the main games when both are playable, despite their differences.

But Sakurai and Nintendo are smarter than that.

But your arguement isn't that they should add 8 Resident Evil Characters, it's that they should add 0 resident evil characters because they're just sooo different why pick one.

By your arguement every mii fighter costume is an affront to God because it's not actually the character.

No, the argument is that if they add a RE character it'll just be one of them. Likely either Jill or Leon
Switch FC: 2084-0561-4244, PSN: Blood_Wizard
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Also FGO but we don't talk about that.

User Info: TCoolio

TCoolio
3 weeks ago#208
TsunamiFox posted...
ZaketoX2 posted...
Blayshy posted...
By the same logic, Mario and Luigi should just be one slot and have Luigi being the alt. Because, after all, they mostly can use the same abilities in the main games when both are playable, despite their differences.

But Sakurai and Nintendo are smarter than that.

But your arguement isn't that they should add 8 Resident Evil Characters, it's that they should add 0 resident evil characters because they're just sooo different why pick one.

By your arguement every mii fighter costume is an affront to God because it's not actually the character.

No, the argument is that if they add a RE character it'll just be one of them. Likely either Jill or Leon

Or as I stated all 4 of them in 1 Spot to get the full Resident Evil Franchise represented
The Anarchist that proved that Banjo-Kazooie is Super Smash Bros Ultimate Bound and Steve is Not. You can call me the Nostradamus of Super Smash Bros Ultimate

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
3 weeks ago#209
Blayshy posted...
Of course you would asskiss anyone agreeing with you, how subtle.

At this point, it's like talking to a wall and you don't want anyone to disagree, which is a horrible mindset.

I wouldn't be surprised if the other account is an alt.
"When he at the mic you don't go next" MF DOOM
NS FC: SW - 1251 - 6932 - 4815 3DS FC: 4313 - 2332 - 4563

User Info: soliantu

soliantu
3 weeks ago#210
TCoolio posted...
Vegeta1000 posted...
Blayshy posted...
TC still refuses to recognize his idea for Resident Evil representation is horrible and would never work. You're pretty much saying that all 4 characters are generic and with interchangeable personalities (which is bulls***). Y'know, because alts, unlike echoes, don't get distinct taunts and victory poses.

Also, mature, mature. Mocking your opposition doesn't make you the bigger man.

Don't even bother. His delusion is beyond belief.

Delusion or just straight up smarter than the average Smashfaqs idiot on this Board, because clearly your info rely solely on Fan Rules and Theory’s but not cold hard Evidence of Legit Sources that prove it like quotes from Nintendo or Sakurai. But who am I kidding, you have no concept of what’s actually legit in this life to begin with.

Okay champ.

I was actually wondering how long it was going to take for you to basically do the Grouchy Squidward, because you were definitely giving off the "everybody's an idiot except for me" vibe.
"Until the end" - The citizens of Palmacosta.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Full DLC of 15-Fighter Series Pack's, Mii Costume Lineup & 5-DLC Echoes
  • Topic Archived