• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Olimar's Alimony - Part 13: Lost in Hyrule
Crimson_Squid posted...
Gotta take a side one way or the other though.

Leave to contemplate.

Or pull a gun out on Crimson_Squid. I mean thats pretty pointless because Tyson Rios canonically kicked their ass and used the popularity of stopping the Plasm to make a Patreon to fund a war with Colette-Brunel.

If you really won't budge Min-Min
Official Honey Dakimakura of Smashfaqs
Hi senok, notok, Jedimess, Tinfoil, Cameron, Mace, Merp, Colette, mark, SSP, jkid etc: https://i.imgtc.ws/Hy5HPvb.png

User Info: Crimson_Squid

Crimson_Squid
5 days ago#72
CheerUpCrewcut posted...
Or pull a gun out on Crimson_Squid. I mean thats pretty pointless because Tyson Rios canonically kicked their ass and used the popularity of stopping the Plasm to make a Patreon to fund a war with Colette-Brunel.

...What
Arbiter of Smash Discussion
Switch: 0172-3818-7998

User Info: Blaizeus

Blaizeus
5 days ago#73
Uh, ramen head
Arguments are good.
Crimson_Squid posted...
CheerUpCrewcut posted...

...What

In one of my CYOA's, to flush out some random who was in my house (Yes me, I'm a character in it) I edited the CYOA reality so pineapple on pizza was the accepted and basically only way to eat pizza. Rios from Army of TWO was among the few who remembered a time of free will where everyone could choose what kind of pizza, if any, to eat. Rios took the Phase Distorter and went to when this CYOA was being conceived, and gave the story a much happier ending where the world wasn't consumed by Plasm. Rios then made a Patreon to pay me to fix things, and Colette, who initially suggested the pineapple pizza thing, was now trying to find a way back to the glory days of their taste not being oppressed and memed to death.

I wouldn't advise reading, the quality is wildly inconsistent (depending on how motivated I am and also what I have to work with as the voted options), many of the references reference an entirely different CYOA of mine currently at 6 filled topics and a 7th about a quarter of the way there, and even if it was always my A game you'd probably think it was s*** considering you make goddamn Olimar's Alimony, which as much as I like my borderline s***post CYOAs, cannot be topped.

Oh yeah, the Patreon successfully brought in money because at one point Alvin from New Valver Heroes played Neo 2's story mode, which crossed over with Olimar's Alimony at one point, the current party at the time (This was a long ass time ago, Charlie was in the party) being in the game. At one point the timeline reset to the beginning of the CYOA, and at one point the game was broken, and when a fictional medium be it game or book is broken in my CYOAs, the characters inside are freed. The game was broken at one point to invite the Olimar's Alimony characters among the other characters in the game to Hatred Doctor Mario's party. Not before shenanigans involving Light Yagami occurred, though...
Official Honey Dakimakura of Smashfaqs
Hi senok, notok, Jedimess, Tinfoil, Cameron, Mace, Merp, Colette, mark, SSP, jkid etc: https://i.imgtc.ws/Hy5HPvb.png

User Info: jkid101094

jkid101094
5 days ago#75
I'm still siding with Twintelle. Food and waifus is not a combo I find appealing.
Also Olimar is becoming kind of a goofball lately and I like it so of course I'm going to try for the sillier options.

Speaking of other CYOAs though I had some ideas for some side stories. I thought about asking Crimson Squid if I could make a spin-off CYOA but I doubt I'd be able to stick to it. Had some neat ideas for how a Mii could work that I wanted to share at some point though.
I'm just here for cute fictional girls and dumb memes. Tag me if you want a reply.
Proud lover of Angel_Arle~

User Info: MrFuzz111

MrFuzz111
5 days ago#76
jkid101094 posted...
I'm still siding with Twintelle. Food and waifus is not a combo I find appealing.
Also Olimar is becoming kind of a goofball lately and I like it so of course I'm going to try for the sillier options.

Speaking of other CYOAs though I had some ideas for some side stories. I thought about asking Crimson Squid if I could make a spin-off CYOA but I doubt I'd be able to stick to it. Had some neat ideas for how a Mii could work that I wanted to share at some point though.
I’ve been personally headcanoning his goofier behavior lately to a (being knocked unconscious in the crash landing not withstanding) lack of sleep mixed with the stress of crashing again getting to him.
Not content with cutting popular features from future games, Game Freak has now taken it upon themselves to cut Pokemon from gen 8.
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Birdbrain

Birdbrain
5 days ago#77
Twintelle

OP hair arms
Author of the CYOA: Waluigi's Pirate Quest and a CYOA enthusiasts. Ping/DM me if you want me to check out a CYOA as I may track it.

Crimson_Squid
5 days ago#78
Motherf***er I started writing a long-ass post in response to some of you and I accidentally clicked on a link now I gotta rewrite
Crimson_Squid posted...
Motherf***er I started writing a long-ass post in response to some of you and I accidentally clicked on a link now I gotta rewrite

How dare us. How dare technology.

Crimson_Squid
5 days ago#80
CheerUpCrewcut posted...
In one of my CYOA's, to flush out some random who was in my house (Yes me, I'm a character in it) I edited the CYOA reality so pineapple on pizza was the accepted and basically only way to eat pizza. Rios from Army of TWO was among the few who remembered a time of free will where everyone could choose what kind of pizza, if any, to eat. Rios took the Phase Distorter and went to when this CYOA was being conceived, and gave the story a much happier ending where the world wasn't consumed by Plasm. Rios then made a Patreon to pay me to fix things, and Colette, who initially suggested the pineapple pizza thing, was now trying to find a way back to the glory days of their taste not being oppressed and memed to death.

This makes me question my earlier boasts about having the most intricate/convoluted CYOA. And I've always thought that a CYOA with no fourth wall that features GFAQ participants or another users would be a cool concept, and I'm glad someone's out there making it happen. It's gotta be much harder to write for GFAQs users in that sort of context than working with a bunch of pre-established Nintendo characters and worlds everyone already knows about.

CheerUpCrewcut posted...
Oh yeah, the Patreon successfully brought in money because at one point Alvin from New Valver Heroes played Neo 2's story mode, which crossed over with Olimar's Alimony at one point, the current party at the time (This was a long ass time ago, Charlie was in the party) being in the game. At one point the timeline reset to the beginning of the CYOA, and at one point the game was broken, and when a fictional medium be it game or book is broken in my CYOAs, the characters inside are freed. The game was broken at one point to invite the Olimar's Alimony characters among the other characters in the game to Hatred Doctor Mario's party. Not before shenanigans involving Light Yagami occurred, though...

I don't have a lot of time these days to do anything on GFAQs other than write for this accursed CYOA(love it tho), which is why I don't participate in other CYOAs, but... can I have a link to this part? This sounds really cool and I wanna read it.

jkid101094 posted...

You can do whatever you want, it's not copyrighted or anything. You have my blessing. I'd be interested in knowing more about what you had planned for it. I will say that if you made a spin-off CYOA I would feel obligated to actually participate in it, responsible time management be damned, just like I would have participated in Crewcut's at the time if I'd have known that was going on.

MrFuzz111 posted...
I’ve been personally headcanoning his goofier behavior lately to a (being knocked unconscious in the crash landing not withstanding) lack of sleep mixed with the stress of crashing again getting to him.

My headcanon is that he's going through a mid-life crisis, which is a subplot I'm kind of considering exploring while he's out and about doing all this adventuring but I'm not sure if that's really necessary or would add much to the CYOA. Don't really think Olimar would be taking the time to chase some tail given the circumstances, so I'll probably cool it a little.

1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Olimar's Alimony - Part 13: Lost in Hyrule
  • Post New Message