• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Olimar's Alimony - Part 13: Lost in Hyrule
What would the most practical moments to use 1f and 1g be?
Official Honey Dakimakura of Smashfaqs
Hi senok, notok, Jedimess, Tinfoil, Cameron, Mace, Merp, Colette, mark, SSP, jkid etc: https://i.imgtc.ws/Hy5HPvb.png

User Info: Birdbrain

Birdbrain
4 days ago#102
I have no idea what Super Ultra Mambo-Tango-Foxtrot Martial Arts, 'Come Out Swinging', or 'Lose Temper Are'

1h just sounds ridiculous.

I would ask about 2f but we used that against dumb zombies during the Mushroom Kingdom invasion.
Author of the CYOA: Waluigi's Pirate Quest and a CYOA enthusiasts. Ping/DM me if you want me to check out a CYOA as I may track it.
Nothing that isn't already being asked as far as I can see.

User Info: Crimson_Squid

Crimson_Squid
4 days ago#104
X. What you said.

"Alright, so here's the deal," Doc Louis explained, "You can lose your temper to increase your attack power a pretty damn good amount. The problem is, though, it won't always work. You really have to reach deep down within yourself to find the anger. Most of the time it'll be kind of a crapshoot, but if someone's given you a real good reason to get pissed your chances of pulling it off will skyrocket."

"Coming out swinging is when you basically just say "screw this" and start throwing a bunch of broad, strong blows to knock a huge chunk of health off of the opponent. Problem with this is that it's slow and horribly telegraphed. I wouldn't bother with this unless you think your opponent is off their game. Only reason you hit Bald Bull with it was because he got cocky. Don't get cocky, Cap."

"Now I don't even know what your Super Ultra Mambo-Tango-Foxtrot Martial Arts are. Never seen you use 'em."

"I've rarely had to," Strong said. "It's an immensely powerful fighting style that works wonders; but it can be pretty damn hard to pull off. Definitely only the kind of thing I can use when the time is right. Otherwise I'm liable to make a fool of myself, and that'd REALLY piss me off."

"Yeah, but maybe then you could use Lose Temper!" Doc Louis chuckled. "Anyway, then there's your Stop! move. In normal combat you'd use that to reflect projectiles or otherwise stop oncoming attacks but in the ring things work a bit differently. You can use it to block most any attack - I say most because I'm not sure even you could stop a Mike Tyson uppercut with this - but here's the catch: if you use this, that's it for that turn. No attacking. Think of it like a block that's near-guaranteed to keep you from taking damage at the sacrifice of any offensive maneuvers."

"Alright, let's get on with this already." Captain Strong said, stomping out towards the fighting ring. The party followed and made their way to the area in front of the rock outcropping. Captain Strong ascended the steps and stepped into the ring, with Hitmonchan staring him down from across the way.

"Alright, Cap!" Doc said. "I don't know much about this thing, but I do know that it moves incredibly fast. I'm not sure you'll even be able to dodge its attacks!"

"Wait... what?!"

"3... 2... 1..." the Yiga announcer counted down. "FIGHT!!!"
Arbiter of Smash Discussion
Switch: 0172-3818-7998

User Info: Crimson_Squid

Crimson_Squid
4 days ago#105
Major Circuit Match: Hitmonchan

[ ------------------------------- ]

Hitmonchan shuffled closer, bouncing slightly up and down, fists raised and posed to strike.

"Hitmonchan!" it cried.

X. Write-in what to do.

Health

[ --------------------------------------------- ]

Offense

1a. Right Swing
1b. Left Swing
1c. Uppercut
1d. Jab
1e. Submission Hold
1f. Lose Temper
1g. Come out Swinging
1h. Super Ultra Mambo-Tango-Foxtrot Martial Arts

Defense

2a. Dodge Right
2b. Dodge Left
2c. Duck
2d. Jump
2e. Block
2f. Stop!
Arbiter of Smash Discussion
Switch: 0172-3818-7998

Birdbrain
4 days ago#106
No real tells but dodging right should be a good idea since Punch Out.

2a
Author of the CYOA: Waluigi's Pirate Quest and a CYOA enthusiasts. Ping/DM me if you want me to check out a CYOA as I may track it.
I would say Stop!

We can basically guarantee no damage, and we'll be able to see what to do next time that attack shows up.
Official Honey Dakimakura of Smashfaqs
Hi senok, notok, Jedimess, Tinfoil, Cameron, Mace, Merp, Colette, mark, SSP, jkid etc: https://i.imgtc.ws/Hy5HPvb.png

User Info: EpicSnailMan

EpicSnailMan
4 days ago#108
CheerUpCrewcut posted...
I would say Stop!

We can basically guarantee no damage, and we'll be able to see what to do next time that attack shows up.

Yeah this. Since we can’t Dodge, our defense should be Blocking and Stop!
"'Hey Brock, what is extreme speed?' 'When a Pokemon's speed goes to the extreme'" ~ Brock and Misty

Birdbrain
4 days ago#109
CheerUpCrewcut posted...
I would say Stop!

Oh that's a good idea
Birdbrain posted...
CheerUpCrewcut posted...
I would say Stop!

Oh that's a good idea

Sure.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Olimar's Alimony - Part 13: Lost in Hyrule
  • Post New Message