• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Olimar's Alimony - Part 13: Lost in Hyrule

User Info: Birdbrain

Birdbrain
1 week ago#11
"Has Mike changed his fighting style from when Mac fought him?"
Author of the CYOA: Waluigi's Pirate Quest and a CYOA enthusiasts. Ping/DM me if you want me to check out a CYOA as I may track it.

User Info: Crimson_Squid

Crimson_Squid
1 week ago#12
Birdbrain posted...
"Has Mike changed his fighting style from when Mac fought him?"

Das a clever one
Arbiter of Smash Discussion
Switch: 0172-3818-7998
"What mistakes have previous competitors made, if you know of any?"
Official Honey Dakimakura of Smashfaqs
Hi senok, notok, Jedimess, Tinfoil, Cameron, Mace, Merp, Colette, mark, SSP, jkid etc: https://i.imgtc.ws/Hy5HPvb.png

User Info: EpicSnailMan

EpicSnailMan
1 week ago#14
“...explain Punch-Out mechanics for the unenlightened?”
I won’t be much help for this chapter hehe
"'Hey Brock, what is extreme speed?' 'When a Pokemon's speed goes to the extreme'" ~ Brock and Misty
(edited 1 week ago)

Crimson_Squid
1 week ago#15
X. What you said.

"Has Mike changed his fighting style since when Mac fought him?" Strong asked.

"I think he must have," Doc said, "For Mac to have gone down to him after beating him before. The thing is, Mike moves so fast it's hard to get a read on him. If he had any tells, I was too far to see them."

"What mistakes have previous competitors made, if you know of any?"

"Stepping into the ring with Mike Tyson. Beyond that... well, like I said, me and Mac both underestimated him. Some competitors make the mistake of trying to play too defensively because they're scared of his uppercut; but then they never actually get any hits in, and he just whittles them away. Others have gone all-out trying to knock him down as quickly as they could; but they leave themselves wide open in the process, and he uppercuts them to hell and back."

"...explain Punch-Out mechanics for the unenlightened?" Olimar asked.

"Okay, here's the deal," Doc Louis explained, "Think of the camera being positioned behind Captain Strong so you can see the back side of him. He's facing towards his opponent, who is across from him on the other side of the ring. Generally speaking they're going to stay across facing him as they try to attack, typically with punches. If they punch left, you want to dodge right. If they punch right, you want to dodge left. They'll always have some kind of a tell that gives away what they're doing, but you never quite know what a tell means until they've carried out with the attack, so it's a matter of learning and adapting along with some guesswork. Some foes might have attacks that come outside of those basic rules; one might launch an attack that can't be dodged to the right or left, or even dodged at all. You'll have to learn to deal with those kinds of tricks, but those are the basics. Understand?"

"Uh... sure." Olimar said unconvincingly.

"Alright," said Doc. "It's about time for us to head out to the ring. Luckily Cap has already been kicking some tail on his own, so we've only got to get through the title fight. Then we'll be done with minor circuit and on to the major circuit, which takes place in Kakariko Village. Let's go show 'em what you're made of!"

The party made their way outside the stable, off to the side where a small crowd of onlookers had gathered to watch the event. There wasn't any seating.

"...This is it?" Olimar asked, somewhat disappointed.

"Nobody cares about the minor league fights," Doc said. "Only reason this many people showed up is because it's the title match. Kakariko will be different."

"I don't care whether there's one person watching or a thousand," Captain Strong said, climbing up over the makeshift railing. "I just want to take my anger out on someone. And it looks like that someone is this oaf."

A large, ripped, bald man stepped into the ring. Wearing nothing but a pair of shorts and boxing gloves, Olimar couldn't help but stare enviously at his chiseled physique. Strong, meanwhile, had on his full police uniform.

"HA!!" the man laughed. "You're going to fight in THAT?! Don't you want to have some movement?!"

Strong just stared silently at him through his shades.

"Better take those sunglasses off before they're broken!" the man taunted.

"That's Bald Bull, Cap!" Doc Louis said, leaning up against the rails to talk to his mentee. "Watch out for his patented Bull Char-"

"Shut your mouth, Doc!" Bald Bull called over. "Captain Strong is mine now. Come!"

Crimson_Squid
1 week ago#16
Minor Circuit Title Match: Bald Bull

[ ---------------------------------------- ]

"Come on, uniformed man," Bald Bull said, stepping up closer. "Come and have a taste!"

Bald Bull leaned in close and shuffled his arms around rapidly in a circle, looking not altogether like a certain dance move.

X. Write-in what to do.

Health

[ --------------------------------------------- ]

Offense

1a. Right Swing
1b. Left Swing
1c. Uppercut
1d. Jab
1e. Submission Hold
1f. Lose Temper
1g. Come out Swinging
1h. Super Ultra Mambo-Tango-Foxtrot Martial Arts

Defense

2a. Dodge Right
2b. Dodge Left
2c. Duck
2d. Jump
2e. Block
2f. Stop!
Only Tyson's opponents like, die, right?

2c, then 1g

Edit: Actually, scratch that, 2b, then 1g
Official Honey Dakimakura of Smashfaqs
Hi senok, notok, Jedimess, Tinfoil, Cameron, Mace, Merp, Colette, mark, SSP, jkid etc: https://i.imgtc.ws/Hy5HPvb.png
(edited 1 week ago)

Crimson_Squid
1 week ago#18
CheerUpCrewcut posted...
Only Tyson's opponents like, die, right?

2c, then 1g

Right.

EpicSnailMan
6 days ago#19
So the tells aren’t the same per person? (As in, right twitch doesn’t always mean left jab a la Olimar)? Got it, thanks TC. I’ll see what I can do haha
"'Hey Brock, what is extreme speed?' 'When a Pokemon's speed goes to the extreme'" ~ Brock and Misty

EpicSnailMan
6 days ago#20
I guess 2b and 1g is fine
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Olimar's Alimony - Part 13: Lost in Hyrule
  • Post New Message