The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Olimar's Alimony - Part 13: Lost in Hyrule

User Info: Crimson_Squid

Crimson_Squid
1 month ago#1
Captain Olimar [ ----]

X. 2a, 1b

Captain Strong dodged to the right as Olimar threw a punch with his left hand, easily avoiding the attack. Olimar's eyes went wide as he realized his mistake; Captain Strong sent a left swing flying back at him, knocking against his helmet with tremendous force and rattling Olimar's helmet.

"Ugh..." Olimar moaned. "You're pretty strong. I might have to tap out soon, I don't want my suit taking too much damage."

"Ha ha ha! You got him on the ropes, Cap!" Doc Louis laughed. "You could just knock him out with another blow, but it'd be more dramatic to do your signature submission move! Oh, wait! Look out!"

"This isn't over yet!" Olimar shouted, rearing back.

X. Write-in what to do.

Health

[ --------------------------------------------- ]

Offense

1a. Right Swing
1b. Left Swing
1c. Uppercut
1d. Jab
1e. Submission Hold
1f. Lose Temper
1g. Come out Swinging
1h. Super Ultra Mambo-Tango-Foxtrot Martial Arts

Defense

2a. Dodge Right
2b. Dodge Left
2c. Duck
2d. Jump
2e. Block
2f. Stop!
Arbiter of Smash Discussion
Switch: 0172-3818-7998

Crimson_Squid
1 month ago#2
@Yurari
@Colette-Brunel
@Tinfoil
@jkid101094
@Inf1ltrated_
@MrFuzz111
@EpicSnailMan
@Birdbrain
@Blaizeus
@CheerUpCrewcut

Crimson_Squid
1 month ago#3
Okay, so I think I figured out where some of the confusion came from. I think you guys assumed in the last turn that since Olimar twitched on his left side, he was punching with his left arm. He actually punched with his RIGHT arm, which you dodged by moving to the left.

Then his right side twitched, which means he was going to punch with his left arm, which you dodged this turn by moving to the right.

User Info: jkid101094

jkid101094
1 month ago#4
Seems like Olimar is going for a jab or an uppercut, though I'd put more money on the former.
I dunno. 2d then 1c? I assume Olimar's arms are maybe about to Strong's waist at most so it wouldn't make much sense to block or duck.
I'm just here for cute fictional girls and dumb memes. Tag me if you want a reply.
Proud lover of Angel_Arle~

User Info: Birdbrain

Birdbrain
1 month ago#5
Wait a bit confused here

We're controlling both Strong and Olimar?
Did our HP not go down?
Author of the CYOA: Waluigi's Pirate Quest and a CYOA enthusiasts. Ping/DM me if you want me to check out a CYOA as I may track it.

Crimson_Squid
1 month ago#6
Birdbrain posted...
Wait a bit confused here

We're controlling both Strong and Olimar?
Did our HP not go down?

No, just Strong. Olimar is the opponent.

Your HP didn’t go down as Strong dodger successfully. Olimar’s HP went down considerably.

User Info: CheerUpCrewcut

CheerUpCrewcut
1 month ago#7
2e and 1h
Official Honey Dakimakura of Smashfaqs
Hi senok, notok, Jedimess, Tinfoil, Cameron, Mace, Merp, Colette, mark, SSP, jkid etc: https://i.imgtc.ws/Hy5HPvb.png

User Info: Colette-Brunel

Colette-Brunel
1 month ago#8
I'm gonna suggest 2d and 1e. Olimar sounds like he is going all-offense now, so if we jump behind and grab he'll burn his energy out. And his suit will be less damaged, everybody should end up happy.

User Info: Birdbrain

Birdbrain
1 month ago#9
Colette-Brunel posted...
I'm gonna suggest 2d and 1e. Olimar sounds like he is going all-offense now, so if we jump behind and grab he'll burn his energy out. And his suit will be less damaged, everybody should end up happy.
Author of the CYOA: Waluigi's Pirate Quest and a CYOA enthusiasts. Ping/DM me if you want me to check out a CYOA as I may track it.

Crimson_Squid
1 month ago#10
Captain Olimar [ ----]

X. 2d, 1e

Olimar swung his arm around before lunging forward, his fist flying out with an uncharacteristic amount of force from the small Hocotatian. Captain Strong attempted to dodge the onslaught by way of jumping, but Olimar's fist had somehow grown large enough that it wasn't enough.

"Oof!" Strong grunted.

"Heh heh heh!" Olimar chuckled. "That's the power of the Rocket Fist! Behold the might of Hocotatian technolog-GAH!!"

Olimar's gloating had been interrupted by Captain Strong leaping upon him and pinning him to the ground, head locked between the man's arms while his legs pinned the rest of Olimar down.

"Do... you... SUBMIT?!" Strong roared.

"Yes, yes! Just get off of me already!" Olimar pleaded.

Strong rolled off of Olimar and jumped to his feet.

"Mmm... decent showing, Strong." Doc said. "A little disappointed you let that guy get a hit on you, even if it wasn't much."

"I resent that remark." Olimar grumbled.

"You see, the thing about fighting in the ring is that you can't always know what your opponent's gonna do. Sure, they'll have tells, but you won't know what exactly those tells are telling you until they actually talk, get me? Before then you gotta do some guesswork and get it safe. And every fighter is different."

"Yeah, sure." Strong shrugged. "Honestly I was disappointed by that fight too. I wanted a good old-fashioned raucous rumble, not that pathetic, one-sided excuse for a battle."

Olimar hung his head in shame as Boney, Skree, and Vinebeck nuzzled up against him for emotional support. (Okay, well, Vinebeck actually just drooled on his helmet but it's the thought that counts.)

"How long until my next fight?"

"Not long at all, actually." Doc Louis said. "Wanted you to have this little training match as a warm-up. But before we head out to the ring, have you got any questions for ol' Doc about fighting? Or anything, really?"

X. Write-in questions to ask good ol' Doc.

Health

[ ------------------------------------------- ]

Offense

1a. Right Swing
1b. Left Swing
1c. Uppercut
1d. Jab
1e. Submission Hold
1f. Lose Temper
1g. Come out Swinging
1h. Super Ultra Mambo-Tango-Foxtrot Martial Arts

Defense