• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Are we really at the point where people WANT more Fire Emblem characters?
Beers posted...
Shinstrike posted...
well for one, it's not another sword.

How does that make it interesting?

Byleth is worse than the Corrin they so hate.

People hate Corrin because he has an ugly design, an annoying voice, and a lame personality. Byleth doesn't suffer from any of that.

How can one who has no personality suffer from lame personality in the first place?

User Info: Shinstrike

Shinstrike
1 week ago#72
Beers posted...
People hate Corrin because he has an ugly design, an annoying voice, and a lame personality. Byleth doesn't suffer from any of that.

i mean in byleth's defense, you need to have an personality in order to have a lame personality first. silent protagonists who just do "..." all f***ing game lose out to any character with personality by default. doesnt help that his actions in game were non-existence too.

Beers posted...

literally because it's not another sword. i dont get what you arent getting. the "another swordsman" argument works on Byleth but not Edelgard. at best, she'd get "another FE char" , in which thats to be expected in YiffFAQs, where banjo seems ot be the hypest since ever for these guys. but FE is more than just swords. it'd be nice if they for once represented the series in a way that shows that.
SW- 5350-5649-8019, PSN/Steam ShinstrikeX, FC 2766 - 8993 - 3310
Shinstrike posted...
Beers posted...

i mean in byleth's defense, you need to have an personality in order to have a lame personality first. silent protagonists who just do "..." all f***ing game lose out to any character with personality by default. doesnt help that his actions in game were non-existence too.

Beers posted...

literally because it's not another sword. i dont get what you arent getting. the "another swordsman" argument works on Byleth but not Edelgard. at best, she'd get "another FE char" , in which thats to be expected in YiffFAQs, where banjo seems ot be the hypest since ever for these guys. but FE is more than just swords. it'd be nice if they for once represented the series in a way that shows that.

Don't you mean Corrin's defense?

User Info: Shinstrike

Shinstrike
1 week ago#74
capturinggod200 posted...
Shinstrike posted...
Beers posted...

Beers posted...

Don't you mean Corrin's defense?

i'm not actually sure. it sounds like it works the way i posted it. point i was trying to make i think got across of Byleth not having personaility though.
SW- 5350-5649-8019, PSN/Steam ShinstrikeX, FC 2766 - 8993 - 3310

User Info: Beers

Beers
1 week ago#75
Shinstrike posted...

Byleth doesn't do "..." The game gives you dialogue options. He's a player insert with some voice acting.
Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.

User Info: Atmaboy

Atmaboy
1 week ago#76
HueyLaforet posted...
Mudkip_in_Space posted...
Anti1029 posted...
One good game came out and people feel entitled to more characters.

Fire Emblem’s been getting good games for generations.

we just didn't have a single passable game between these dates: April 18, 2012 and April 19, 2017

Is that you @Endgame?
"Because...justice?" - Arthur

User Info: Beers

Beers
1 week ago#77
Shinstrike posted...

I'm asking a very simple question here. What makes an axe more interesting than a whip-sword? "Not a sword" as a point of interest for a character is like a presidential candidate campaigning on the platform of "not a man". There's literally nothing interesting about not being something, or superficially not following the status quo. In order to sell people on your thing, you have to tell them what it does.
Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.

User Info: RK800_Connor

RK800_Connor
1 week ago#78
Dusonix posted...
Look at me. Straight in the face. And say that fates is good.

Conquest is great
- I'm a machine, designed to accomplish a task. I know why I exist and who designed me. I have a reason to live. I guess that's the difference between us.

User Info: HueyLaforet

HueyLaforet
1 week ago#79
HueyLaforet posted...
Anti1029 posted...

we just didn't have a single passable game between these dates: April 18, 2012 and April 19, 2017

Awakening and Fates were both good games no matter how mediocre the stories are. There’s more to things than the plot, believe me, I watch RWBY

the gameplay in those two games was trash. the only decent chapter among both of those games was conquest chapter 10 hard mode. every other chapter was just braindead "put OP super trained unit in the middle of 20 enemies watch as he solos them all"
Atmaboy posted...
HueyLaforet posted...
Anti1029 posted...

Is that you Endgame?

f*** no, Endgame hates every game from Sacred Stones onward.
Until this site's servers mysteriously burst into flames and everything is lost... there will always be suffering.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Are we really at the point where people WANT more Fire Emblem characters?
  • Post New Message